Black Diamond AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES a VERY BLACK AND BLEAK ROUND with results like these.

Spare a thought for the goal umpires. The BDAFL will have claimes for RSI. The poor Boundary umps must be sick of running all those goals back.

I heared the other day that Roy Reichert has made a bid for the Umpires Coach role in 2009. I understand the NCCUA is not all that happy about that idea.

One comment was "with his attitude towards fitness, in 2009 we will all look like tele-tubbies". That said, the BDAFL will save money. There will be no need for a fitness coach!!

Something tells me this would be a very backward step.

That is a little offensive ... I'm sure I would not appreciate your comments if you were aiming those remarks at me.

We could do with more people around the BDAFL with Roy's passion.

We could do with more people around the BDAFL with Roy's passion.

The same could be said for Usingtheforce's "footy knowledge".

2251502_795a1bc7e5.jpg

The same could be said for Usingtheforce's "footy knowledge".

2251502_795a1bc7e5.jpg

Dude, give it up. Seriously. You're not funny.

I've got a question, and I was wondering if anyone here has an answer. Is the BDAFL still associated with Prime, and if so, why? I've never heard anything about the league on their (very) short news bulletins. Every Sunday night, NBN news runs through the local league, soccer and union scores. I think this is quite damaging for the BDAFL's visibility in the local area. You'd think with the Dinneen connection the league would be well-placed to negotiate with NBN.

I think visibility is a real issue for the league. I'd venture quite a lot of people are unaware there is even a senior competition. I've found this a few times when I've mentioned the league in conversation.

I know this is only a small thing, but visibility leads to players and players (hopefully) lead to an increase in quality.

Dude, give it up. Seriously. You're not funny.

I've got a question, and I was wondering if anyone here has an answer. Is the BDAFL still associated with Prime, and if so, why? I've never heard anything about the league on their (very) short news bulletins. Every Sunday night, NBN news runs through the local league, soccer and union scores. I think this is quite damaging for the BDAFL's visibility in the local area. You'd think with the Dinneen connection the league would be well-placed to negotiate with NBN.

I think visibility is a real issue for the league. I'd venture quite a lot of people are unaware there is even a senior competition. I've found this a few times when I've mentioned the league in conversation.

I know this is only a small thing, but visibility leads to players and players (hopefully) lead to an increase in quality.

Wouldn't worry to much BD if that is what they have to revert to to think they are funny and feel like men, let em go for it, i am over bantering with them, we play newcastle this week and he has already made the accusation of biased umpiring so maybe they really need a taste of it and let his team know who caused the decisions.

On your question, i saw about 4 weeks ago on a Friday night on I think it was NBN, they were giving a reckon at least a 5 mins report on the weekend up coming games and some highlights. Waited for it the following week and it was never on. Maybe it was used a filler because they ran out of time.

Wouldn't worry to much BD if that is what they have to revert to to think they are funny and feel like men, let em go for it, i am over bantering with them, we play newcastle this week and he has already made the accusation of biased umpiring so maybe they really need a taste of it and let his team know who caused the decisions.

On your question, i saw about 4 weeks ago on a Friday night on I think it was NBN, they were giving a reckon at least a 5 mins report on the weekend up coming games and some highlights. Waited for it the following week and it was never on. Maybe it was used a filler because they ran out of time.

Why would you even come on here and make suggestions you are going to be biased on saturday? To me that makes you look like a deadset cheat mate. If you're going to come on here, talk complete and utter shit every day, then you have to expect some stick.

Grow a set off balls and take what you give. Nobody playing 2's this weekend, City OR Gosford deserves an umpire that will go out of their way to even a childish ledger from a footy forum

OK after playing the marlins on the weekend was able to see first hand the gap between top and bottom. The team out there would have struggled against our 2's so it make no sense for them to be playing first grade only. Some suggestions of two divisions are valid. I reckon something like this:

top seven sides in first grade

City, Hawks, Bulldogs, Bombers, Panthers, Tigers, and only one of either of Crows, Marlins, Magpies

A second division North made up with ressies of Newcastle teams and the crows, roosters and Marlins (only one side)

A second division South made up of ressies of Central Coast teams (wyong and woy woy only 1 side)

Winners of each second division play off for promotion to top flight.

People talking of a city 3rds are kidding. Sure we have execess numbers at the begining of the year but as the winter kicks in the numbers drop off and a 3rd team would struggle

Why would you even come on here and make suggestions you are going to be biased on saturday? To me that makes you look like a deadset cheat mate. If you're going to come on here, talk complete and utter shit every day, then you have to expect some stick.

Grow a set off balls and take what you give. Nobody playing 2's this weekend, City OR Gosford deserves an umpire that will go out of their way to even a childish ledger from a footy forum

Before you even make or call judgement as i am guessing you are from City. It was an off the cuff remark as one of your so called supporters who made serious allegations that i would actually go out to be blantently biased and cheat. I have never done so and if u have been around city for a while i have umpired the last 3 reserve matches where club umpires have been needed. Although they have been hard matches to umpire as your team is a hard at the ball team which does frustrate other teams and that causes a bit of the old niggle, they have been good games to umpire when its about the footy. I have never had a complaint by your side and would never stoop to the lows that one of your supporters suggests. A fair game is a good one and the best team on the day wins. All umpires call what they see but scrutiny of club umpires is always there because of the added pressure to not be biased. This is why clubbies usually chose not to umpire in their own forward lines. Pick on us all you like but we are there for the good of the game

Hilariously funny to see clubs bickering about clubbies with stubbies. :) The important issues..!! :rolleyes:
Maybe the BDAFL should go back to the drawing board with all these cricket scores each weekend and introduce a method to even up the competition?
I'm sure reading some of the dribble lately that umpiring is not the issue, speculating about the future of the current or future umpiring staff is not going to change the rather disappointing outcomes from each weekends floggings that the teams in the bottom half of the ladder receive each week?

Hilariously funny to see clubs bickering about clubbies with stubbies. :) The important issues..!! :rolleyes:
Maybe the BDAFL should go back to the drawing board with all these cricket scores each weekend and introduce a method to even up the competition?
I'm sure reading some of the dribble lately that umpiring is not the issue, speculating about the future of the current or future umpiring staff is not going to change the rather disappointing outcomes from each weekends floggings that the teams in the bottom half of the ladder receive each week?

Agree mate, there have been some seriously good ideas and suggestions to try and fix the situation, but is anyone from the league prepare to say yes its not in good shape lets try something ?

Forget the personal abuse guys, probably more the concern is the fact he is a current Cardiff board member and life member of the Cardiff club.

Not questioning his impartiality, but why does it seem that decisions that are made always leave the door open for future controversy.

The scores show the Umpiring isn't the leagues most pressing problem.

To the best of my knowledge Roy is not a current board member and has not been since well before the BDAFL was formed. As for him being a Life Member, so is Neville Turner. I think if you scratched a tad below the surface you will find many people who have worn more than one hat at some time or other e.g the umpire who's son is a first grade captain etc etc. Bill Clarke umpired in the old NAFL for years and was a life member @ Warners Bay.

What I do know is that Roy and the NCCUA had a bust up earlier in the season regarding the appointment of junior umpires at senior games and them not turning up. (It's in the minutes on their website if you want a look) If it is in fact true that Roy is looking to be the umpires coach, it may be a case of him being told to "put up or shut up" and he's chosen to put his hand up because he believes has something to offer.

By the way congrats to Josh Nesbitt for being called up for the RAMS team this week :thumbsu:

I believe we can fix up the comp quite easily! Open your eyes to the sky people. The answer is right there in front of us.

Sally should be head umpire coach with steddy Eady as his humble offsider. These two are pure umpiring gold and will fix up any umpiring problems. Sally with his jovial wit and player communication. Steady with his cool eye for a free kick and the fact that its not about him!

The one sided results can also be fixed, open your eyes to the sky. the answer is out there. I think one BDAFL side each in the bottom four should be allocated a former AFL player. I have done some research and contacted many ex AFL players and the following were will to go to these clubs.

Wyong:Ex Collingwood Goal Scoring Ace Peter Mckenna
Gosford: Ex Richmond Goalsneak Nick Daffy
Nelson Bay: The Marlin that John West Rejected
Terrigal: Former Swan 1 year wonder Warrick Capper

I think you will all agree that this will lift the profile of the bottom clubs in the area. I wouldn't get carried away with the weekends results.:rolleyes::thumbsdown::mad::(:thumbsdown::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Agree mate, there have been some seriously good ideas and suggestions to try and fix the situation, but is anyone from the league prepare to say yes its not in good shape lets try something ?

Dont agree, In any league there are going to be floggings, even in the AFL. Floggings are part of football. Sad but true. I havent seen so much Doomsday garbage in donkeys years. :cool:

I dont think you should be club umpiring with that kind of donkey garbage. Joking or not, that is just plain donkey business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont agree, In any league there are going to be floggings, even in the AFL. Floggings are part of football. Sad but true. I havent seen so much Doomsday garbage in donkeys years. :cool:

If you have a look at most leagues the same happens. The top teams are often smashing the bottom teams and I am sure that this is the case in many country leagues throughout Australia.

The answer although maybe financially impossible and definitely difficult is for the clubs to concentrate on
1. Recruiting a quality coach.
2. Recruiting players from football areas, employment?
3. Work more closely with their Junior clubs, Mentoring players, attending training?
4. Continue to play their kids with an eye for the future.

In addition, I feel that the BDAFL should be a little more flexible when it comes to pushing teams into the top grade and allowing one team clubs.

Those clubs may have to fit in with the more powerful clubs to an extent as there are not enough support staff to have clubs with 3 grades playing all over the place, but the fact is we need every football person we can muster involved with the code, not pushing them away.

Singleton should talk with Muswellbrook who are struggling in the Tamworth league to form upper hunter for example.

Nelson Bay are a hard one as their reliance on the RAAF is very dangerous in the current world climate, guys are away all the time. Maybe Reserves for a season or two to keep things flowing until their Juniors graduate.
This happened this season in the Wagga league, with a team readmitted this year.

Wyong ditto

Just a few thoughts

Also, Northern,
Roy is listed on the committee at Cardiff as their Public Officer, so if he was to take the Umpire coordinators job on, he should distance himself from his club and that includes umpiring their games. It just leaves him open to criticism that is avoidable and not warranted.

If you have a look at most leagues the same happens. The top teams are often smashing the bottom teams and I am sure that this is the case in many country leagues throughout Australia.

The answer although maybe financially impossible and definitely difficult is for the clubs to concentrate on
1. Recruiting a quality coach.
2. Recruiting players from football areas, employment?
3. Work more closely with their Junior clubs, Mentoring players, attending training?
4. Continue to play their kids with an eye for the future.

In addition, I feel that the BDAFL should be a little more flexible when it comes to pushing teams into the top grade and allowing one team clubs.

Those clubs may have to fit in with the more powerful clubs to an extent as there are not enough support staff to have clubs with 3 grades playing all over the place, but the fact is we need every football person we can muster involved with the code, not pushing them away.

Singleton should talk with Muswellbrook who are struggling in the Tamworth league to form upper hunter for example.

Nelson Bay are a hard one as their reliance on the RAAF is very dangerous in the current world climate, guys are away all the time. Maybe Reserves for a season or two to keep things flowing until their Juniors graduate.
This happened this season in the Wagga league, with a team readmitted this year.

Wyong ditto

Just a few thoughts

Also, Northern,
Roy is listed on the committee at Cardiff as their Public Officer, so if he was to take the Umpire coordinators job on, he should distance himself from his club and that includes umpiring their games. It just leaves him open to criticism that is avoidable and not warranted.

Receiving Criticism from the so called footy brains around this area would be a compliment in most cases in my opinion. That is unless you allready are a donkey and your criticism is aimed at another donkey.

Its not about you Swans 12. :thumbsdown:

[/b]

Receiving Criticism from the so called footy brains around this area would be a compliment in most cases in my opinion. That is unless you allready are a donkey and your criticism is aimed at another donkey.

Its not about you Swans 12. :thumbsdown:

Didn't think my comment implied it had anything to do with me.

Simply stated a fact that if Roy was considering taking on the role of the controlling body, ie the umpires then for transparency, he should distance from any affiliation with ANY club.

Independant position, Independant person, not on the committee of a club, its about at least appearing to be professional.

Also, Northern,
Roy is listed on the committee at Cardiff as their Public Officer, so if he was to take the Umpire coordinators job on, he should distance himself from his club and that includes umpiring their games. It just leaves him open to criticism that is avoidable and not warranted.[/quote]

I believe if Roy was to take on the Umpires coordinators job, he would have to step down as the Public Officer as part of the conditions. The reason behind this was late last year and early this year before the influx of the junior umpires, the league asked a number of club umpires if they wished to further their umpiring and join the official ranks. One of the conditions to do so were that you had to step down from any official position you may hold in your club and you could not help out in an offical capacity for your club even if you werent umpiring that weekend. A numbers of clubbies then said no as it would leave gapping holes in their club structures for volunteers as usually the clubbies have other duties within their club.

Also, Northern,

I believe if Roy was to take on the Umpires coordinators job, he would have to step down as the Public Officer as part of the conditions. The reason behind this was late last year and early this year before the influx of the junior umpires, the league asked a number of club umpires if they wished to further their umpiring and join the official ranks. One of the conditions to do so were that you had to step down from any official position you may hold in your club and you could not help out in an offical capacity for your club even if you werent umpiring that weekend. A numbers of clubbies then said no as it would leave gapping holes in their club structures for volunteers as usually the clubbies have other duties within their club.[/quote]

Shouldn't be an issue then. That rule just backs up my initial point.

There cannot be any connection with a club or critics will play the bias card.

At least the current Umpires Coach (love him or .......) can't be accussed of bias. He came to the BDAFL having umpired in other areas.

His whole football background has been via umpireing and he has never had any club connections in any area in Australia.

Therefore he is one of a few people in umpiring in this area who have no past connection, affiliation or association with any club. As said by Swans 12 A TOTALY INDEPENDANT PERSON

I am not saying that people involved in umpireing that have come with some background that includeds club affiliation are bias. However, as many of you have said, "you can't leave the door open"

Whatever tools...

Any umpires in this area are untouchable. These guys are struggling along in a world that is somewhat in comparison to NB and Lake Mac. With such low numbers you clowns get on here and bash everyone that is even having a go. I will only ever agree with you once Force and that is that you are doing a thankless job.

To any umpires reading this crap, official or club, disregard it all!

My 2 bob...

Whatever tools...

Any umpires in this area are untouchable. These guys are struggling along in a world that is somewhat in comparison to NB and Lake Mac. With such low numbers you clowns get on here and bash everyone that is even having a go. I will only ever agree with you once Force and that is that you are doing a thankless job.

To any umpires reading this crap, official or club, disregard it all!

My 2 bob...

Its not about you

Also, Northern,

I'm well aware of the fact Roy is the Public Officer at Cardiff. He has been for over 10 years. His involvement in that role is coming to the AGM and signing the form 12. That is hardly an active committee role.
The reason this was done, and continues to be done, is that we are all aware of the problems Cardiff have with their ground and henceforth storage of documents etc. After the sheds at the old Manella were broken in to and loads of documents relating to the club destroyed, Roy offered to keep them in a secure place.(He was still playing for the club at the time)
I would dare say that given the new committee, that appear to be sticking around for a while, Roy will be relieved of this role anyway. The main reason I didn't do that myself was the fact I had no space to put the stuff he has.

As I alluded to in my original comment, he is not a current board member of the club, has not been since before the BDAFL started, and has no say in the running of the club. To infer that he does is just sniping. There are far more impartial umpires running around in this league (and it appears on this forum too :eek: ), and to be honest, i've never heard of anyone questioning Roy's integrity (again, unlike others)

I'm well aware of the fact Roy is the Public Officer at Cardiff. He has been for over 10 years. His involvement in that role is coming to the AGM and signing the form 12. That is hardly an active committee role.
The reason this was done, and continues to be done, is that we are all aware of the problems Cardiff have with their ground and henceforth storage of documents etc. After the sheds at the old Manella were broken in to and loads of documents relating to the club destroyed, Roy offered to keep them in a secure place.(He was still playing for the club at the time)
I would dare say that given the new committee, that appear to be sticking around for a while, Roy will be relieved of this role anyway. The main reason I didn't do that myself was the fact I had no space to put the stuff he has.

As I alluded to in my original comment, he is not a current board member of the club, has not been since before the BDAFL started, and has no say in the running of the club. To infer that he does is just sniping. There are far more impartial umpires running around in this league (and it appears on this forum too :eek: ), and to be honest, i've never heard of anyone questioning Roy's integrity (again, unlike others)

Spot on Northern Duck, I think swans 12 should get his/her facts right before throwing around these wild allegations.

Spot on Northern Duck, I think swans 12 should get his/her facts right before throwing around these wild allegations.

Since its an allegation and not a fact, I'll spell it out very slowly.

1. Look at the Cardiff website, I am sure you know where that is.
2. Under committee.
3. See his name.

Committee member, slow enough for you ?

If he wants an independant job, resign so people dont put shit on him.

If you are capable of reading my posts, I never questioned his integrity, just said that others would whilst he held the club position.

Since its an allegation and not a fact, I'll spell it out very slowly.

1. Look at the Cardiff website, I am sure you know where that is.
2. Under committee.
3. See his name.

Committee member, slow enough for you ?

If he wants an independant job, resign so people dont put shit on him.

If you are capable of reading my posts, I never questioned his integrity, just said that others would whilst he held the club position.

Swan12, welcome to the world of the forum. People read into your posts what they want to see, not what is actually posted hence it creates an arguement of whosaidwhat and howdidtheysayit. I have read your posts and agree nowhere did you call into question anyone's integrity. You were making an observation of what could happen. examples in recent history of it occuring were the Grandlands/ Killarney era, currently the Walford/ Gosford. People will naturally think and accuse people of bias if they are involved in a club in some way. So easiest way is to take that avenue for conjecture away and not be involved in a club admin side if you hold a League or offical title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back