Black Diamond AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does look pretty bad for those clubs you mention, your idea of having just 1 firsts or ressies team is good. There is no way these clubs at this moment can sustain two senior teams. I dont think Singo should be included in first grade even if they do join with the brook.

Cardiff was getting pumped by just as much as these teams back in 1996 and came close to folding. Fortunately they didnt but that is a long time ago. The main way to turnaround a club is to get things right off the field first. You need a solid committee & president before you can create any plan to get back on track. I think you'll find with these clubs that are struggling is that too much is left to to few off the field. That seems to be the trend with failing clubs. I'm no expert on fixing it though? it's a very hard task to find a committee and president at the best of times.

Thats the catch 22. When your struggling, no one wants to put their hand up and those that do are flogged into submission, but when your successful there will be no shortage of volunteers.

Secondly, if that reporter bloke umpired with us, he (1) hasn't trained with us all year and (2) hasn't umpired a match with us all year. So unless he's under an assumed alias than NO, he's not umpiring with us.
i think bingo was pulling your leg here brogsta..... vic bares a striking resemblance to one of the umpires in the bdafl. should catch the 10 news and maybe YOU could spot the look-a-like.

Secondly, if that reporter bloke umpired with us, he (1) hasn't trained with us all year and (2) hasn't umpired a match with us all year. So unless he's under an assumed alias than NO, he's not umpiring with us.
i think bingo was pulling your leg here brogsta..... vic bares a striking resemblance to one of the umpires in the bdafl. should catch the 10 news and maybe YOU could spot the look-a-like.

Don't know who he looks like from our umpires group mate, but I can see a touch of a certain Newcastle City player in there :)

Another week another round of floggings. Usingtheforce what happened with the piegers today? My usual source isnt real talkative tonight.

Another week another round of floggings. Usingtheforce what happened with the piegers today? My usual source isnt real talkative tonight.

Scores anyone? The website didnt have it when I checked.

At Cardiff... Hawks bout 250 Wyong not much maybe 40, so we acheived our goal of not getting 300 put on us
They ars a very well drilled side, ran all day and most times didnt look like missing shots on goal!!!:D

At Wyong we tried hard all day to make contests but with 7 18's/2's players not much you can do- fitness, skill level and confidence not where it needs to be:(

Word from around the Warners Bay area is that the The Blue Groper made a rare appearance in their 2's win over Singleton today, taking on would be tacklers with ease, setting up his teamate's directly in front of goal with the garce and poise that all of us have come to expect from the greatest ever on baller the league has ever seen. Viva La Duck

Mate came up against a crack Newcastle Unit today in all grades. Was chatting to one of their committee and he said it was one of their strongest teams this year with the inclusion of a number of RAAF boys. They played a great brand of footy and couldnt fault any of their players, all except one goose in 1st Grade who decided to try the old take an opponent out by putting him into the fence over the boundry line after the game had stopped for a throw in. Not needed from such a talented side, and am sure his team mates and coach wouldnt like it as they played great footy all day. Karma got him in the end i think as for what we could see he may have a reasonably serious hand or finger injury from the angle of his finger from a jarring on the ball. Don't know where the reports were gotten from early in the season about City loosing some of their height. Just seemed one big man after another rotating thru interchange. Good game of footy to watch from the skill level with City better at it most of the day. A highlight for us was a screamer attempt by young under 18's player Josh Brown playing in 1st Grade. Almost bought it to ground. Highest marking attempt i have seen in a game this year. Then to the bemusement of everyone and even i think some of the City players, a free kick was awarded against him for the attempt. No one could see any hands in the back or on the shoulder to get up there nor did he seem to go early. Just didnt bring it all the way down so i guess we will never know. Would like to see more screamer attempts in the games from the talented guys. Doesn't seem to happen as much these days. Your bro player his usual great game. Reckon his knee has come good as he never stopped runnin. Churchy kicked another 6 off the wing today and Timmy Eather had a great game runnin around in the backline in the 2nd half. City just had to many winner across the ground.

While it is all well and good to see teams like Cardiff, City and Kilarney Vale showing that teams in this region can play footy things need to be done by the Black Diamond to help teams develop players so the competition can be stronger. I agree with other posts that Nelson Bay and Singleton should be able to have ressies for a couple of years so they get juniors through and get players to their club. This will only make the comp stronger because the League covers such a vast area and there are more and more people moving into it bringing players into the comp.

But the Black Diamond also need to lift their profile because nothing on Newcastle Herald website about games where league and soccer are. On NBN in the Central Coast rugby union advertise their games stating who is playing who and where games are being played. Just another thing to bring players, supporters and sponsorship to the comp and get our comp's profile lifted.

While it is all well and good to see teams like Cardiff, City and Kilarney Vale showing that teams in this region can play footy things need to be done by the Black Diamond to help teams develop players so the competition can be stronger. I agree with other posts that Nelson Bay and Singleton should be able to have ressies for a couple of years so they get juniors through and get players to their club. This will only make the comp stronger because the League covers such a vast area and there are more and more people moving into it bringing players into the comp.

But the Black Diamond also need to lift their profile because nothing on Newcastle Herald website about games where league and soccer are. On NBN in the Central Coast rugby union advertise their games stating who is playing who and where games are being played. Just another thing to bring players, supporters and sponsorship to the comp and get our comp's profile lifted.

Agree mate, the league and everyone in it need to work together to build the image of our game.
The upper hunter in particular is supposed to be a growing area with the pop increasing, so lets help them out if it means keeping Singleton in 2's, dropping Nelson to 2's and maybe even Muswellbrook in the 2's we will have a base to build on when the opp arises!!:D

Just saw on the website that the league realise we have a problem!! thank god it didnt take another 2 clubs to fold:(

Maybe they realise they will have no 1 left to play against, just like the weekend!!
They have taken my idea of a few pages ago...must be watching, but I was shot down in here and prob rightly so. The stronger clubs only look after themselves and who from Cardiff would of played alongside myself in the backs against Ryno and co?:rolleyes:

The Crows were just able to avoid forfeiting, respect that but with 17 playing 18's and a couple backing up, 18 playing 2's and 9 of them backing up/down ans 19 playing 1's with 9 already played... they got my respect but how long they keep that up?

I say bring on Lakes United Wyong and the Crows combined!!!:D

Again we seem to be missing the 'bigger' issues. :confused:

All the talk has revolved around the umpy so far. They seem to have their house in order. Not that the same can be said about clubs at this point in time.

Borgsta has some very good points and as the last commentator indicated, the League is in dire straits. Should not the Clubs and punters alike stop throwing stones in glass houses and look in their own back yard to fix things?? Or should we just continue to blame the umpy's for the wrongs of this world?:thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the talk has revolved around the umpy so far. They seem to have their house in order. Not that the same can be said about clubs at this point in time.

Borgsta has some very good points and as the last commentator indicated, the League is in dire straits. Should not the Clubs and punters alike stop throwing stones in glass houses and look in their own back yard to fix things?? Or should we just continue to blame the umpy's for the wrongs of this world?:thumbsdown:

what are you talking about mate? pretty sure the vast majority of the debate has centered around the league and the clubs nurturing junior talent or finding ways to make the competition more appealing with a more even competition. go and stick your head back in the sand you pleb

Question to the forum; Should the league heavily penalise a club if their under 18's forfeit. Some of the Senior players and officials work tirelessly behind the scenes to try and field an under 18's side but at times it is just impossible in todays world, so should the seniors be so heavily held accountable. I know the weekend just passed a few teams struggled with numbers for 18's because it was the middle weekend of school holidays. Then you get the guys who turn 18 during the year and immediately clubbing and alcohol become the focus or the dreaded girlfriend issue. You don't want an under 18's side filled with just 16 year olds?
Alcohol should not be an issue next year with the new laws coming in raising the age limit from 18 to 21 years, but should the senior grades be penalised so harshly if the under 18's forfeit.

To many distractions for young guys these days and footy is not a priority.

Question to the forum; Should the league heavily penalise a club if their under 18's forfeit. Some of the Senior players and officials work tirelessly behind the scenes to try and field an under 18's side but at times it is just impossible in todays world, so should the seniors be so heavily held accountable. I know the weekend just passed a few teams struggled with numbers for 18's because it was the middle weekend of school holidays. Then you get the guys who turn 18 during the year and immediately clubbing and alcohol become the focus or the dreaded girlfriend issue. You don't want an under 18's side filled with just 16 year olds?
Alcohol should not be an issue next year with the new laws coming in raising the age limit from 18 to 21 years, but should the senior grades be penalised so harshly if the under 18's forfeit.

Personally I think that if a club forfeits a grade, their other sides on the day can only receive half points.
I know plenty of clubs out there are going ok with 18s numbers but some are struggling. I question how hard a few clubs try to recruit 18s players. Last term the AFL ran the Swans Cup competition for high schools. I dont recall seeing anyone from local clubs who arent going well for numbers at any of the games i was working at putting the club out there or offering an option, especially as the footy was of a decent standard and there were plenty of kids not aligned with a club who looked to have decent natural ability. I wonder what the reaction from a talented kid playing in these comps not playing at a club would be if he was approached by a club official maybe offering discounted rego if they wanted to take the game up on weekends. Whats more important? getting a side on the park and gaining a kid who could be a handy player with a bit more experience, or losing 60 bucks on rego fees?
If clubs want their numbers to rise, they need people out there chasing kids, not sitting back wondering why they dont have players. Yes I know at times clubs might be struggling to get resources out there, but surely 1 person in their club would have 4 spare hours a year to sell the club a bit.

You make some interesting points. There is no getting away from the fact that the clubs need to improve the way they run their clubs and how they manage their affairs. That said, while there has been little talk about umpires, for once they can't be blamed. They have no control over the scorelines.

You make the statement that the umpires seem to have their house in order. YEH!!!!

Last time I looked the umpires were in an internal fight over the umpires coach role.:eek:

Raising the drinking age from 18 to 21? What planet are you on, mate?

Mate you make out that people pursing a heterosexual relationship are the scourge of the earth. I normally enjoyed the banter with you, but now you are just airing your Heterophobic agenda! Grow up and get with the times!

* ON BEHALF OF ALL THE FORUM READERS TO ANYONE WHO IS OR KNOWS SOMEONE WHO IS HETEROSEXUAL, THIS IS NOT THE THOUGHTS OF THE FORUM BUT OF ONE INDIVIDUAL AND BY NO MEANS DO WE ACCEPT ANYONE MAKING FUN OF PEOPLES SEXUAL PREFERENCES. PLS ACCEPT APPOLIGIES*

Usingtheforce is a very strange man

Raising the drinking age from 18 to 21? What planet are you on, mate?

Barto, some of us have just completed the RSA course and the new rule changes were explained to us in the course. There are a whole new set of regulations coming in becauses of the governments drive to curb Binge drinking. One of these new is to raise the legal drinking age from 18 to 21. Check it out if you like but that is what they are doing. A whole new set of alcohol laws began on July 1st.

Barto, some of us have just completed the RSA course and the new rule changes were explained to us in the course. There are a whole new set of regulations coming in becauses of the governments drive to curb Binge drinking. One of these new is to raise the legal drinking age from 18 to 21. Check it out if you like but that is what they are doing. A whole new set of alcohol laws began on July 1st.

Gee whiz, so as the great Tim Andrews points out, kids are allowed to vote, drive a car, be sent to war, sit on a jury and pay taxes but not drink? Don't think so mate. They were talking about it but KRudd decided it wasn't a good idea. The legal drinking age is not going up to 21 any time soon if at all (look it up)....Three words mate....YOU ARE WRONG!!! Perhaps you should stick to umpiring....but then again maybe not?

As the great Rizzbang once said..."go back and put ur head in the sand you pleb".

Gee whiz, so as the great Tim Andrews points out, kids are allowed to vote, drive a car, be sent to war, sit on a jury and pay taxes but not drink? Don't think so mate. They were talking about it but KRudd decided it wasn't a good idea. The legal drinking age is not going up to 21 any time soon if at all (look it up)....Three words mate....YOU ARE WRONG!!! Perhaps you should stick to umpiring....but then again maybe not?

As the great Rizzbang once said..."go back and put ur head in the sand you pleb".
We ll if thats the case Barto then they are teaching it incorrectly in some courses or they know something you dont. So we shall wait and see whether the courses is right or you are. So now that issue is closed maybe we can get back to the footy and the real questions????

gee Whiz, So As The Great Tim Andrews Points Out, Kids Are Allowed To Vote, Drive A Car, Be Sent To War, Sit On A Jury And Pay Taxes But Not Drink? Don't Think So Mate. They Were Talking About It But Krudd Decided It Wasn't A Good Idea. The Legal Drinking Age Is Not Going Up To 21 Any Time Soon If At All (look It Up)....three Words Mate....you Are Wrong!!! Perhaps You Should Stick To Umpiring....but Then Again Maybe Not?

As The Great Rizzbang Once Said..."go Back And Put Ur Head In The Sand You Pleb".

You Call What Usingtheforce Does Umpiring!!!!!!!!!

You have a very strange interpretation of umpiring:confused:

The word is around that Matt Bailey from Newcastle City got 3 weeks at the Tribunal last night. Can anyone confirm?

You Call What Usingtheforce Does Umpiring!!!!!!!!!

You have a very strange interpretation of umpiring:confused:

The word is around that Matt Bailey from Newcastle City got 3 weeks at the Tribunal last night. Can anyone confirm?

If Matt Bailey did get 3 weeks last night this is yet another example of this league having no idea. The incident must have been worth about 8 weeks knowing he has a clean record and never been to a tribunal before. But then again, that's the way we want our 16 & 17 yr olds treated.......
And people ask why our Under 18s players are leaving our game:thumbsdown: Mmmm!

If Matt Bailey did get 3 weeks last night this is yet another example of this league having no idea. The incident must have been worth about 8 weeks knowing he has a clean record and never been to a tribunal before. But then again, that's the way we want our 16 & 17 yr olds treated.......
And people ask why our Under 18s players are leaving our game:thumbsdown: Mm

JOKE !!!, and 3 weeks instead of the two, your kidding.

Probably could do with a rest considering he backs up from 18's every week, such is the quality of the kid.

Great way to encourage our up and comers, hang your heads tribunal, the kid hasn't got a malicious bone in his body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back