Black Diamond AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My picks for premiers are:

City in 1s, I personally think Cardiff will choke, they may go into the GF underfeated but they have everything to lose.

City in the 2s, Think it will be one of the best Reserve Grade Grand Finals, I believe it will be a City V Bomber GF. I think Cutlers side will find it hard to match up on all those talls city have.

Under 18's will go to the Doggies.

Cardiff would be short priced in the ones, but funnier things have happened before.

The two's and 18's will depend on who lines up for what sides on the day.

The 18's especially will be interesting to see the make up of the finals sides and which 18's play seniors on the same day.

The top sides all have kids in the ones that play every week and generally have some that back up and some that dont, so it may depend on whose seniors are out there on GF Day as to who are available.

It is great to see the younger guys in the Seniors, but I feel it may rob us of one of the closest and quality finals series in the 18's for many years.

Gosford Vs Terrigal
This one is harder to pick then a broken nose but I think that Terrigal will scrape over the line.

KV vs Marlins
This one Im worried about. I think that the Bombers will only just make the bombing run successful because the Marlins will have more players wanting to pay at home.

Dogs Vs Blues
Personally I dont like either side but I have to say a City win. The main reason is that I think the Dogs are pretenders and the only reason they are having a good year is because other teams are weaker below them.

Crows Vs Pies
Crows at home are a gun side. Will be a great game and possibly the game of the round. Will finish a tight contenst. Crows to get up.

haha brilliant comment....I haven't laughed that hard in ages....The dogs are having a good year because other teams are weaker below them? So Geeling are a good side because the other teams in the AFL below them are weaker? Makes perfect sense to me. As for the crows being a gun side at home...I don't think the Black diamond have ever seen a gun crows side full stop. 300+ and 400+ losses doesn't really equate to a gun side if you ask me...Go the Crows!

Anyone got any tips for the league bnfs with only a few rounds to go.
My tips for 1st grade are Tadd Walford from Gosford and Adam Clarke from Cardiff. I think the bottom clubs will have players high on the leaderboard this year.

Anyone got any tips for the league bnfs with only a few rounds to go.
My tips for 1st grade are Tadd Walford from Gosford and Adam Clarke from Cardiff. I think the bottom clubs will have players high on the leaderboard this year.

Tadd Walford is the most over rated player in BDAFL history in my opinion. Brad Dietz is easily the best player in the gosford team by about 200%... I guess if King W.J(bill) Walford gets his filthy greasy hands on the vote cards then anything could happen!!!!
Adam Clarke should piss it in by the way....

Tadd Walford is the most over rated player in BDAFL history in my opinion. Brad Dietz is easily the best player in the gosford team by about 200%... I guess if King W.J(bill) Walford gets his filthy greasy hands on the vote cards then anything could happen!!!!
Adam Clarke should piss it in by the way....

Serious question godoggies, agree Brad is having one of his best seasons i have seen him play, but why is ur basis for ur Tadd issue. Also would you think the BDAFL would be that stupid to allow access to board members that are associated witha club?

Hello!!
It looks like you have successfully become a fu@kwit!

Do you want to save the changes?

Hello!!

It looks like you won't be playing finals this year.

Would you like to know how?

clippit.jpg

Serious question godoggies, agree Brad is having one of his best seasons i have seen him play, but why is ur basis for ur Tadd issue. Also would you think the BDAFL would be that stupid to allow access to board members that are associated witha club?

The tadd issue is that he is clearly the most over rated player in the BDAFL, the basis is that people i speak to at every club is of the same opinion as i am.

Hello!

It looks like you won't be playing finals this year.

Would you like to know how?

clippit.jpg

The season is not over the tiges yet , loking at the draw they will be playing for 6th spot against Wyong in a fortnight, - not a place in the finals but they couldnt choke against the high flying magpies could they?

The season is not over the tiges yet , loking at the draw they will be playing for 6th spot against Wyong in a fortnight, - not a place in the finals but they couldnt choke against the high flying magpies could they?

I think UsingTheForce should coach the Tigers next year. His football knowledge could take the team to the finals and his superior tactics could bring a much awaited flag to the club. All that's needed at Tiger land is UsingTheForce to step up into a more senior role ( besides club umpiring ) and inspire the Tigers to bigger and better things. UsingTheForce YOUR time is now!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

also what exactly happened to that guy who got knocked out in the city V warners bay match at seaman oval??

Can only report what I saw and heard.
Play was close to the boundary and the ball was cleared.
Then everyone on the sideline noticed a bloke lying not more than 5 metres from the interchange gate unconcious.
The play was well away from him and the game was stopped once a stretcher was on the ground.
It did not seem as though any foul play was involved, infact someone said to me that he may have had some kind of siezure/fit.

I may be wrong but there was certainly no remonstration from the bay blokes which implies all was above board.

By the way the stretcher was not used and the player made his way off the ground under his own steam.

Then everyone on the sideline noticed a bloke lying not more than 5 metres from the interchange gate unconcious.
The play was well away from him and the game was stopped once a stretcher was on the ground.
It did not seem as though any foul play was involved, infact someone said to me that he may have had some kind of siezure/fit.

I may be wrong but there was certainly no remonstration from the bay blokes which implies all was above board.

By the way the stretcher was not used and the player made his way off the ground under his own steam.

Comment was made that he was still down after the smother he had performed. Must have used the melon by the sounds of it. No comment made after the match at the ground or back at the club, so I would say definitely no foul play.

I think UsingTheForce should coach the Tigers next year. His football knowledge could take the team to the finals and his superior tactics could bring a much awaited flag to the club. All that's needed at Tiger land is UsingTheForce to step up into a more senior role ( besides club umpiring ) and inspire the Tigers to bigger and better things. UsingTheForce YOUR time is now!

Please dont encourage him. He is already the biggest loser on here. After reading all his poor posts and bad spelling he doesn't need more encouragement.

Surprised to see Gosford get beaten. Thought they'd start to get the wood over Terrigal a bit. Shows the kind of year both clubs are having though.

Definitely not foul play involved. Was talking to Jack after the game and it was actually the ball that hit him in the chest when he smothered the footy. He was winded badly and couldn't get any air and passed out...He was back at the club that night and doing fine.

Definitely not foul play involved. Was talking to Jack after the game and it was actually the ball that hit him in the chest when he smothered the footy. He was winded badly and couldn't get any air and passed out...He was back at the club that night and doing fine.
Apparently he came to pretty quick when he saw our runner was going to attempt a bit of mouth to mouth to get a bit of air into his lungs!
Was a pretty tough game on Saturday, both sides had plenty of key players out and City played well in the sloppy conditions. I think the 1st semi final with them vs Cardiff will be an absolute cracker of a game.
I know Usingtheforce does have a coaching role at Gosford at the moment. Is he being groomed for bigger things next year???

Im glad I was right about Warners Bay being pretenders for the year. Thumped by City. The First Grade flag will be a fight out between Cardiff and City. Ressies KV and City but the dark horse will be Cardiff. Never know who is going to be dropped from the Seniors just like City.

I heard UTF was going to be groomed for the new Western Sydney franchise.

Im glad I was right about Warners Bay being pretenders for the year. Thumped by City. The First Grade flag will be a fight out between Cardiff and City. Ressies KV and City but the dark horse will be Cardiff. Never know who is going to be dropped from the Seniors just like City.

Don't worry about KV, city and Cardiff in the Frosties...Warners Bay are more than capable of going all the way. Knocked off KV earlier in the year and then beat City on Saturday. Would be pretty stupid to count the dogs out this year...

Er, friend, do you realise City got beaten in the ressies on the weekend?

Is it your tactic to deflect attention from the poor performance of your own club by denigrating others? Or shall we go the conspiracy route and assume your name is an attempt to hide your true identity?

As for firsts, City deserved to win but I'd be willing to venture I'd kick with more accuracy than their really tall player... Kemp? Is that who I'm thinking of?

Apparently he came to pretty quick when he saw our runner was going to attempt a bit of mouth to mouth to get a bit of air into his lungs!
Was a pretty tough game on Saturday, both sides had plenty of key players out and City played well in the sloppy conditions. I think the 1st semi final with them vs Cardiff will be an absolute cracker of a game.
I know Usingtheforce does have a coaching role at Gosford at the moment. Is he being groomed for bigger things next year???

Nah mate not interested at this point in time of progressing with the coaching. Only agreed to do half way thru the season so the 18's didnt have to forefeit . Don't think the league needs any of that, and I think i was the only one left with the qualification the league requires. Thinking about returning to the car racing i have done since i was young if i can get my race car rebuilt. Wouldnt mind helping the 18's again if they needed it but thats as far as that goes.

Hey congrat Deitzy on playing the 150th 1st Grade game mate. Couldnt get them up for a win thou?

Er, friend, do you realise City got beaten in the ressies on the weekend?

Is it your tactic to deflect attention from the poor performance of your own club by denigrating others? Or shall we go the conspiracy route and assume your name is an attempt to hide your true identity?

As for firsts, City deserved to win but I'd be willing to venture I'd kick with more accuracy than their really tall player... Kemp? Is that who I'm thinking of?

ah miss BD if you only knew what club I was attached to you would retract your statement.

As for City well all teams lose a game throughout the season I would not read into the loss. Although they have been beaten by Cardiff convincingly.

2 weeks time is the big clash round and should determine final positions wit KV playing City and Cardiff vs Warners Bay. Both should be good games.

Ha - same said last year. We're still building depth but don't count out the doggies. I wouldn't discount Killarney either for that matter. Both sides probably only have 20 seasoned first graders true but if either side get their best on the park look out City and Hawks. Killarney dominated the GF last year and Cardiff never got there so as they say "its a funny game".

Our ressies did alright too this week with 10 players between the ages of 37 and 44 on the paddock. Not too bad from the magoos.

If the duckman can stop his SBW sh*t and commit to his contract the doggies will go all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back