Black Diamond AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
!!!news Flash!!!

Gosford Tigers Bracing Themselves For French Rugby Player Raids

Tues 29 July: The Gosford Tigers today are coming to terms with French Rugby clubs raids on Australian talent. Steve Church, Brad Deitz and Tadd Walford are all believed to be in the sites of second division club, Lyon OU, who have reportedly made an offer to each player believed to be worth around €300 000 a season. This news comes hot on the back of Superstar Sonny Bill Williams’ sudden departure from the NRL to join Toulon.

A source close to the three Gosford players, asked only to be referred to as ‘The Force’ confirmed the French clubs interest. “The news came as a shock to everyone here at the club. It’s disappointing that we are not doing enough to hold on to our young talent,” he said. “I have never seen such a serious threat at of losing local talent as this in all my years of following Australian football.”

‘The Force’ was also able to confirm the speculation that Church, Deitz and Walford were not present at last nights ‘Gosford Tigers Annual Christmas in July/ Mad Monday Celebrations’ that has been a cornerstone of the football club for the past 10 years, further fueling speculation that the players have already left Australian shores.

Er, friend, do you realise City got beaten in the ressies on the weekend?

Is it your tactic to deflect attention from the poor performance of your own club by denigrating others? Or shall we go the conspiracy route and assume your name is an attempt to hide your true identity?

As for firsts, City deserved to win but I'd be willing to venture I'd kick with more accuracy than their really tall player... Kemp? Is that who I'm thinking of?
Mick Kemp is one of the best and most dominant players in the state, has been for better part of a decade..Proved himself at Campbelltown and Balmain in the early 90s as a young bloke, then came to Nor-West Jets and turned the Sydney 1st Division on its head in only a handful of games, almost sent us to first finals campaign. Dominant in InterService footy for RAAF also, against the big guns of Army and Navy.
Everyone has an off day, if you think he's a bad kick, good luck to you, but how about you watch more than one game of his before you writr off his ability...that is if you meant Kempy in the first place...

Mick Kemp is one of the best and most dominant players in the state, has been for better part of a decade..Proved himself at Campbelltown and Balmain in the early 90s as a young bloke, then came to Nor-West Jets and turned the Sydney 1st Division on its head in only a handful of games, almost sent us to first finals campaign. Dominant in InterService footy for RAAF also, against the big guns of Army and Navy.
Everyone has an off day, if you think he's a bad kick, good luck to you, but how about you watch more than one game of his before you writr off his ability...that is if you meant Kempy in the first place...

Fair's fair, I'm well aware he's a good player. I just noticed that his accuracy left something to be desired at the weekend. As a general observation, and I don't mean to disparage the skill of the City team (which is obviously significant), but I'd say that the whole team will have to work their goal kicking if they're going to challenge Cardiff. I think the number of behinds at the weekend was similar to the number of goals.

Funny it's not just the girls that think Kempy can't kick straight! Not denying that he's a decent player with a good grab and height...On Saturday he was woeful in front of goal...missing at least half a dozen shots from 30m out pretty much straight in front. I think the quote made on the field was "Kempy will do for City what Buddy Franklin will do for Hawthorn....Cost his side a premiership will his Kicking in front of goal". Not the first time that comment has been made either...

Just reading the posts put up by Borgsta and a few forum readers regarding the most goals kicked in a season, interesting stuff. To add to the interesting facts sheets, thought some of you might find this interesting for the longest recorded kick.

In 1892, Thurgood ALBERT JOHN joined the Essendon Australian Rules Football Club, winner of the Victorian Football Association premiership in 1891-94. He immediately became a key player in the side. Six feet (183 cm) tall and weighing twelve stone (76 kg), he usually played at centre-half-forward, but his versatility enabled him to be switched to any position on the ground. In an era of long kicking Thurgood became famous as the longest kick of all: he could regularly punt-kick over 80 yards (73 m) and drop-kick over 90 yards (82 m). One of his place-kicks (1899, with slight wind assistance) was measured at 107 yards 2 ft 1 in. (98.48 m) and is still regarded as the record. For Essendon, in the three seasons from 1892 to 1894 in premiership matches he kicked 56, 64 and 63 goals from centre-half-forward.

does anyone else pity this fool!!!!!!!!!
'force' stop ur jibba jabba....... and please what does the longest kick got anything to do with the most goals kicked in a season... sounds like u fell of the wagon once again

does anyone else pity this fool!!!!!!!!!
'force' stop ur jibba jabba....... and please what does the longest kick got anything to do with the most goals kicked in a season... sounds like u fell of the wagon once again

Hang on, i have to bite at this idiot. When you stop trying to copy your fantasy hero from A Team and actually learn to read what is put in front of you, then you might just get it half right.

Firstly it is a football fact of our great game that maybe not many people knew about but always wondered about.

Secondly, read the bloody post you oxygen thief, it even tells you in the first paragraph; "To add to the interesting facts sheets, thought some of you might find this interesting for the longest recorded kick."

Explain to the rest of us where it says in the highlighted section above about it having anything at all to do with the most goals kicked in a season???

Hang on, I'll even help you further, "To add to the interesting facts sheets"

Oh I'm sorry, pardon me, that seems to read "this information has everything to do with the most goals kicked in a season" NOT!!

Hang on, i have to bite at this idiot. When you stop trying to copy your fantasy hero from A Team and actually learn to read what is put in front of you, then you might just get it half right.

Firstly it is a football fact of our great game that maybe not many people knew about but always wondered about.

Secondly, read the bloody post you oxygen thief, it even tells you in the first paragraph; "To add to the interesting facts sheets, thought some of you might find this interesting for the longest recorded kick."

Explain to the rest of us where it says in the highlighted section above about it having anything at all to do with the most goals kicked in a season???

Hang on, I'll even help you further, "To add to the interesting facts sheets"

Oh I'm sorry, pardon me, that seems to read "this information has everything to do with the most goals kicked in a season" NOT!!

Get over it and those facts sound like total crap to me. average kick 80 metres or whatever, what a load of garbage.:cool:

In an era of long kicking Thurgood became famous as the longest kick of all: he could regularly punt-kick over 80 yards (73 m) and drop-kick over 90 yards (82 m). One of his place-kicks (1899, with slight wind assistance) was measured at 107 yards 2 ft 1 in. (98.48 m) and is still regarded as the record.

Let's see him do it with a Burley. That would impress me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as its footy related, I enjoy the facts and stories on here but anyway tips for the weekend?

Gos V Kill... The Tigers now playing for pride(and build for next year) Killarney hoping to build for the finals and maybe a repeat of last year, unlikely but once yr there anything can happen.
Last time my mate Pagey kicked more than the Tiges but think it may be closer this time. KV by 5 or 6

Nelson V Cardiff... Their last couple of games the Bay have either outscored their opp in a quarter KV last week or matched them Warners week before, think they need that effort for the entiregame to be in the same game as the Hawks. Cardiff by plenty but c'mon the Bay

Wyong V Warners... Lots of momentum for my team with 2 from 2 against the Crows and Terrigal plus we did win this match last year, on the other side though last year snuck under their guard, this time they ready and finals only weeks away.
Warners blown away last week so will be hungry hopfully a good, close game but the Bay would be where you put yr money

City V Crows... Saw both in action last week, City looked good with a little inaccurate kicking, the Crows competed well against us and had most of their blokes back ie Hodge, Sain, Weymer, Jessop etc.
Started on top but fell away, got momentum when they got us thinkin bout the man not the ball but I cant see them getting close in this one.
City by plenty.... Crows just need to see out the year and recruit for 2009

Facts are facts worth, thats what history is all about. Try typing into google; longest kick recorded in the VFL.

If that is to hard then click the link below and it will take you to where the information is

http://www.fullpointsfooty.net/Essendon_part_1.htm

They can say what they want "force". The longest kick recorded in history is 180 meters anyways. read it on matter of facts about footy web site.

....Cost his side a premiership will his Kicking in front of goal". Not the first time that comment has been made either....

HAHAHAAAA It's easy to say that when you play for a side where you've never had the chance to cost them a premiership.

Ever get the feeling that Warners bay would be able to challenge more if they all didn't get the other type of "white line fever??" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nah I get the feeling Miss BD is talking about kicking a bong between two rusted petrol cans, cause at last check I haven't seen any chicks playing footy around here and most definitely not any where near Warners Bay!!

Nah I get the feeling Miss BD is talking about kicking a bong between two rusted petrol cans, cause at last check I haven't seen any chicks playing footy around here and most definitely not any where near Warners Bay!!

You guys really need to get some more material. The drug allegations and the misogyny are getting a bit tired, frankly. But if it inflates your fragile egos and bolsters your sense of masculinity, then who am I to judge?

I think you'll find girls do play footy around here. The little girl I babysit had her debut game at the weekend for the Maitland Under 10s. It's a shame there's no provision for older girls and women.

Well that may mean you have to stop throwing stupid criticisms out the door, get off big footy and your Bhind and start it up. Only good things happen to those who make it happen ;-)

Well that may mean you have to stop throwing stupid criticisms out the door, get off big footy and your Bhind and start it up. Only good things happen to those who make it happen ;-)

Well, I think 'stupid criticism' is kind of the point of Big Footy, but as you say it's a bit rich to criticise if you don't do anything about it. To that end, I've had a couple of conversations about interest in a charity girls' game for next year (as suggested by someone on here, I can't remember who, who said it happens in the Tamworth league). Obviously there's heaps of issues but it's worth looking into.

Ever get the feeling that Warners bay would be able to challenge more if they all didn't get the other type of "white line fever??" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You blokes from City are funny blokes....original and all. On another note can you confirm that the City clubrooms were broken into during the week and throphies etc were stolen? With all your money floating around over there you should invest in some locks of some sort...I hear you can pick them up at most good hardware stores...It was probably those boys from the Bay! All pepped up on goofballs!

Well, I think 'stupid criticism' is kind of the point of Big Footy, but as you say it's a bit rich to criticise if you don't do anything about it. To that end, I've had a couple of conversations about interest in a charity girls' game for next year (as suggested by someone on here, I can't remember who, who said it happens in the Tamworth league). Obviously there's heaps of issues but it's worth looking into.

To completely dismiss the possibility of girls/women football is almost suicidal. There are many girls playing in the Junior competitions. Unfortunately whether or not you agree with the AFL policy or not girls are unable to play with the boys past Under 14’s.

Article on Newcastle Juniors website:
Sydney Women's AFL is proud to announce there will be a Youth Gala Day on Saturday, 6th September at Mahoney Park, Marrickville. All players from the age of 10-17 are invited to come along and participate in the day that will include a skills session and round robin carnival. This event is FREE, with all participants receiving a t-shirt and lunch at the ground.
http://newcastlejuniors.aflnswact.com.au/

Maybe it is a better prospect to look at girls/womens footy than Netball. Girls/young women attract boys/young men! A possible source of future players???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back