Black Ducks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like last weeks result might've been a flash in the pan. Three quarter time down at Bogansville and another loss appears imminent!

4117958_ceb0_625x1000.jpg

Lucky Colreavy kicked 6 I suppose.
Im questioning the logic of hiring Harding as our League coach, he wasnt all that great with the Colts and we give him the League Position, I would have thought with the money flowing into the club we could have attracted a better calibre of coach then Greg Harding.

Lucky Colreavy kicked 6 I suppose.
Im questioning the logic of hiring Harding as our League coach, he wasnt all that great with the Colts and we give him the League Position, I would have thought with the money flowing into the club we could have attracted a better calibre of coach then Greg Harding.

Couldn't agree more, I alluded to the fact that a move was afoot to install Harding last year and well before the season had finished. I would love to know who was behind the move and also who the other applicants were and how many of them were interviewed.
Maybe Swannies can throw some light on the subject?

Couldn't agree more, I alluded to the fact that a move was afoot to install Harding last year and well before the season had finished. I would love to know who was behind the move and also who the other applicants were and how many of them were interviewed.
Maybe Swannies can throw some light on the subject?

I don't know who was behind it, but I have been told some pressure was exerted on the board by suggesting that he would apply for (and get if I'm told correctly) the Perth job if he wasn't given the Swans job. In other words, he wouldn't have been Swans colts coach either. This was told to me before the end of the season, as you alluded, whilst I was at a Lathlain match, I believe. Good, let him go was my response. :p I can only presume someone on the board was in his corner. Lose to Peel and I'm sure that support would have dissipated.

However, we then got Hickmott as the Colts and development coach and I wonder if this was as much a back up plan as anything?

I also believe we didn't proceed with interviews beyond the first round, or didn't explore fully all options, but I may be mistaken about that.

I don't know who was behind it, but I have been told some pressure was exerted on the board by suggesting that he would apply for (and get if I'm told correctly) the Perth job if he wasn't given the Swans job. In other words, he wouldn't have been Swans colts coach either. This was told to me before the end of the season, as you alluded, whilst I was at a Lathlain match, I believe. Good, let him go was my response. :p I can only presume someone on the board was in his corner. Lose to Peel and I'm sure that support would have dissipated.
However, we then got Hickmott as the Colts and development coach and I wonder if this was as much a back up plan as anything?
I also believe we didn't proceed with interviews beyond the first round, or didn't explore fully all options, but I may be mistaken about that.

Thanks mate I knew that you would have the mail which is pretty much what I had heard. Be interested to know the duration of his contract if you are privy to that info.

Hmm! not real good.

That's just to get us used to the 90's early 00's type seasons, drift back into a malaise we all become zombies going to the footy, because that's the only way to cope. :p

Was Talking to a couple of Ex Swans players and they were saying its a bit like a jobs for the boys type arrangement down there now.

I guess this is evidenced by Hunter coming back I heard that was a bit of a Jobs for the boys type deal as well...

As for going back to the future and reliving the early 90's and 00's, sheesh dont know whether I could take that again.

Was Talking to a couple of Ex Swans players and they were saying its a bit like a jobs for the boys type arrangement down there now.

I guess this is evidenced by Hunter coming back I heard that was a bit of a Jobs for the boys type deal as well...

Yes, I had that feeling that's what was happening down there.

As for going back to the future and reliving the early 90's and 00's, sheesh dont know whether I could take that again.

You get used to it, just numb yourself. :p;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, I had that feeling that's what was happening down there.

You get used to it, just numb yourself. :p;)

Sheesh Swannies, I was just getting used to the thought of Swans winning occasionally.

I can only hope that the boys use Luke Adams as an Inspiration for the rest of the season.

I also hope the club looks out for his family as well..

Hopefully many supporters get around the club tomorrow, at Leederville Oval, to show support for Luke's family and Luke himself. Is said to be very emotional around the club at the moment and I think the support of the family is very important. :thumbsu:

What a day for Swans. Wins in all grades. :thumbsu: Harding was very emotional, took players aside in the huddle and gave them a baking when they weren't pulling their weight. A side I haven't seen before but he was angry today and I thought it was deserved to some players. It showed they're all hurting.

The young guys, Outridge, Coniglio, Faulkner and Parry were very good.

Dayle Garlett had 36 possies in colts and BOG, Murray Newman, I think, I haven't heard of before, kicked 6 goals.

Simmo was back in ressies and as angry as ever, was good.:thumbsu: Potente was really rusty, as expected, and Chris? Andrews looked OK. Manton is a good user and Hinkley got quite a few possies and wasted quite a few, but his run looked good.

Damn WAFL Online should have known better then to trust them:rolleyes:

9 goals I think it has him as now. After an ordinary first quarter he really put the Royals undersized backmen to the sword.

What a day for Swans. Wins in all grades. :thumbsu: Harding was very emotional, took players aside in the huddle and gave them a baking when they weren't pulling their weight. A side I haven't seen before but he was angry today and I thought it was deserved to some players. It showed they're all hurting.

The young guys, Outridge, Coniglio, Faulkner and Parry were very good.

Dayle Garlett had 36 possies in colts and BOG, Murray Newman, I think, I haven't heard of before, kicked 6 goals.

Simmo was back in ressies and as angry as ever, was good.:thumbsu: Potente was really rusty, as expected, and Chris? Andrews looked OK. Manton is a good user and Hinkley got quite a few possies and wasted quite a few, but his run looked good.
Swannies Murray Newman has been playing Colts footy the last couple of years has plenty of ability has been out injured in the early part of this season i think, D.Garlett is a class act 16yo & already played League for us. Good to see Potente, Simpson & Hinkley back playing in the Ressies yesterday & liked the look of Jace Cormack in the 2's too has plenty of pace ..also we should get Blight back soon from injury & hopefully Casserley too. :thumbsu: No Notte, Colreavy, Pearce, Walters, Hunter yesterday either. ;)

Murray Newman has been named in the forward pocket for this weekend's game. Hinkley is back in the league team and there's only one winner out of that. Robinson, means I won't be yelling at him this week. :p:eek:

Carn Swannies, let's keep this comeback rolling. :thumbsu:

Well, that's our season slipping away, especially with Claremont this week. Although, if you're going to make a stand, you might as well make it against the best and see what happens from there.

Fantastic game yesterday and we just didn't have the wherewithall to win those hard, contested situations that were ultimately critical yesterday. Certainly an improvement from the team.:thumbsu:

I think Swans wil be a good chance against Claremont next week.
I didn't get to the game but only getting up by a goal or so against a depleted Souths does not look loke a good sign to me. Especially after lethargic performances against West Perth and East Freo.
We accounted for Perth pretty easily a couple of weeks back but even then there were things I didn't like about the way we played.

Starting to get a bit worried about the Tiges to be honest.

I think Swans wil be a good chance against Claremont next week.
I didn't get to the game but only getting up by a goal or so against a depleted Souths does not look loke a good sign to me. Especially after lethargic performances against West Perth and East Freo.
We accounted for Perth pretty easily a couple of weeks back but even then there were things I didn't like about the way we played.

Starting to get a bit worried about the Tiges to be honest.

Welcome to my year! :p Actually, if you've supported Swans for more than 5 years it's the general feeling when supporting the black ducks, but you just can't fight it. ;)

I think we'll get up for Claremont, not saying we'll we win, but hopefully we'll see more urgency in the way we play. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Black Ducks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back