Black Ducks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I see a good Swans boy in Luke Miles won the AFL half time sprint with another Swannie in Lewis Jetta finishing 3rd. Can we do no wrong atm! :D :thumbsu:

Thanks for the info on the '90 premiership side Brad5668. Added those names to Wiki. :thumbsu:

I see a good Swans boy in Luke Miles won the AFL half time sprint with another Swannie in Lewis Jetta finishing 3rd. Can we do no wrong atm! :D :thumbsu:

Used to love Milesy dashing out of the back line! He's being wasted at StK!:D:p He's got to do it again next week then?

Don't think you can. But if you are that cheap set up a video camera on a stand, set up the postion right and record it off there :D

Well, now that it looks like Krakouer is going to be traded to Collingwood, via the Gold Coast I'm very happy that Swans got that Premiership out of the way first!:D:thumbsu:

But, it got me thinking, where does the compensation to Swans come from? GC or Collingwood? The only reason I ask is that being a pre-listed player by GC, it's one of their 'free hits' if you like, so are they obligated to pay the recruitment fee?

Anyway, congrats to Krak and hopefully it goes well for him.

Hopefully you guys get some $$$ as the AFL just made heaps after that drawn GF, plus AK was yours they surely just can't take him for nothing, some one else has to be developed to take his place and it all costs. You would think that the AFL are smarter than that, they should be looking after their own backyard.

The Swan medal was last night.

The award winners were from memory (which is somewhat hazy :p )

1st - Andrew Krakouer
2nd - Josh Roberts
3rd - Wayde Twomey
4th - Tom Roach
5th - Tim Geappen
6th - Matthew Spencer

Rookie of the Year - Stephen Coniglio

Leading Goalkicker - Tim Geappen

4 players were also presented with Premiership Medallions, they were;
Steven Potente
Luke Pratt
Luke Adams
Tony Notte (absent)

The Swan medal was last night.

The award winners were from memory (which is somewhat hazy :p )

1st - Andrew Krakouer
2nd - Josh Roberts
3rd - Wayde Twomey
4th - Tom Roach
5th - Tim Geappen
6th - Matthew Spencer

Rookie of the Year - Stephen Coniglio

Leading Goalkicker - Tim Geappen

4 players were also presented with Premiership Medallions, they were;
Steven Potente
Luke Pratt
Luke Adams
Tony Notte (absent)

Thanks Underdog, was waiting for you to surface after last night!:p Although we all knew who would be the winner. Nice touch the premiership medallions for those 4, well done.

Great result for the captain to finish runner up.:thumbsu:

Congrats to Harding, the new senior coach, and Hickmott, the new Colts Coach and Talent ID Manager.

Welcome aboard, looks like we're not stopping spending BHP's money!:p

So we've lost Krakouer and Twomey, 2 fairly important players, how do Swans fans think we'll fare next year?

Hopefully Blight is back and Hansen and Notte also come back. Casserly is training with Richmond again, in the hope of being picked up in March, so if he comes back he'll be very fit!:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We seem to have recruited a fair bit of height, so the ressies should be stronger this year!:D List is looking pretty good at this stage.

As mentioned on the news, the boys are heading for Qld to help out.:thumbsu:

Wow Richo, that was vintage footage. Thanks a lot. :thumbsu::)

Congrats to Harding, the new senior coach, and Hickmott, the new Colts Coach and Talent ID Manager.

Welcome aboard, looks like we're not stopping spending BHP's money!:p
Out of interest Swannies, who is your new colts coach and when was he appointed? We are still trying to find one, they are rare and hard to find apparently.

Out of interest Swannies, who is your new colts coach and when was he appointed? We are still trying to find one, they are rare and hard to find apparently.

Adrian Hickmott is the new Colts and Development Coach rnb. Ex Geelong and Carlton and think he was in a development role at Carlton or North Ballarat? :confused:

I think it's gonna be a big test for Adam Hunter in 2011 and whether he can play out the whole season. He is rumoured to be training the house down in pre-season but we will see how he goes.

Saw him play in the SWFL Grand Final for South Bunbury against HBL and he looked pretty average but that was just one game.

We have plenty of cover in the forward line with Geappen, Hansen & Notte in case.

I think it's gonna be a big test for Adam Hunter in 2011 and whether he can play out the whole season. He is rumoured to be training the house down in pre-season but we will see how he goes.

Saw him play in the SWFL Grand Final for South Bunbury against HBL and he looked pretty average but that was just one game.

We have plenty of cover in the forward line with Geappen, Hansen & Notte in case.

I heard he was playing in the NTFL over our off season to get fitness etc up, but yes, it will be a big test for Hunts, but he does bleed black and white!:)

Matt Spencer has signed for Myrtleford in the EDFL which is disappointing.

His second half of the year was superb.

We may see Hunter and/or Notte spend some time at CHB.

Might be an opportunity for Notte to cement a spot in the side with Hansen, Geappen and Hunter up forward - though I have been told he's been training with the ruckmen.

Matt Spencer has signed for Myrtleford in the EDFL which is disappointing.

His second half of the year was superb.

We may see Hunter and/or Notte spend some time at CHB.

Might be an opportunity for Notte to cement a spot in the side with Hansen, Geappen and Hunter up forward - though I have been told he's been training with the ruckmen.

Matty is not surprising, given he's almost not been at swannies at the beginning of the last 2 seasons, contemplating signing out in the bush. The EDFL is in Melbourne, correct? That bit surprises me, as I thought he'd go bush. Best of luck to him though, as you said, kept that defense together beautifully in the second half of the season.

Notte - the coaches are obviously listening to me. To get him into the game I reckon you make him ruck. Remember that 20 HO 20 possie 3 goal game, whilst Spaanders was suspended (I think). Good move. This might give Lammie a possie at CHB, tell him to just hit the contest and get the ball moving forward, as he has the athletic capability to get to most contests.

Either way, will be interesting to see how it pans out and how we shape up.:):thumbsu:

Wes has signed with Peel. I think he probably saw the writing on the wall when Adams became the preferred backup ruckman.

Ah, OK. Even though it's one less player for me to go berserk at, from what I had heard CHB might have been good for him. Any chance Hunter goes to CHB and yes, forgot :)eek:) Adams would be rucking....Hmmm, the plot thickens.

Ah, OK. Even though it's one less player for me to go berserk at, from what I had heard CHB might have been good for him. Any chance Hunter goes to CHB and yes, forgot :)eek:) Adams would be rucking....Hmmm, the plot thickens.

I'd think we'd throw Notte back before Hunter but who knows.

I'm struggling to think of an adequate replacement otherwise. Perhaps a Michael Johnson might return to the club? Doubtful I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Black Ducks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back