Strategy Blair Hartley Project 2015 II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Carlton can get a compo pick next to their round 1 selection for Kreuzer they would be negligent not to take it.
If Carlton are smart...which I doubt, they'd be offering Yarran to us for a second round pick on the proviso that we pay Kreuzer enough for the first 2 years in order to automatically trigger a first round Compo selection for them.

They'd get the 2 best big men available in the draft. picks 1 & 2. (weitering & Sache)

Would be draft tampering but who could prove it.

Actually, he's not a spud, he's a pretty good player who is going to take time to develop. I hope they show some patience with him.

Clubs choosing him as first pick and throwing buckets of money at him isn't his fault.
of course not just like watts it just shocking what some would pay like some people saying we should through 800k on treloar.

I find it hilarious that the only way the Pies could get Treloar is by offering a ridiculous amount of money that he's not worth and getting his missers a job lol

It's not a appealing destination at the moment so they have to get dirty and give up more $$$.

Treloar has cleared up the question about Norf

He said he is interested in playing for them one day, because it's important for afl players to give back post retirement by playing a few years in local leagues like the EDFL

This drafts supposed to be a stinker, worth throwing a pick at Carlton for him.

If he can get his head right he could be a gun for us, we need outside pace, and he can either be another ball-user off half back providing run and carry, or put him up forward as a crumbing small forward - something which we haven't had since KB.

Well worth it IMO.

From what I have read the first 15 picks or so are as solid as previous drafts it's just after that it falls away and plateaus. We could very easily end up with a pick comfortably within that top 15. Most likely the pick we throw away to Carlton could get us a player of Vlastuin, Ellis or Lennon potential. Don't mind getting Yarran to Richmond but not for anything in the top 15. A top 15 pick is definitely overs.

It's great what's happening with Yazz. He is killing his trade value. The talk of a first rounder is ludacris. Second rounder will get it done. EAD Carlton. This pleases me greatly.

The stench of the Hampson trade would hang over this deal. From the Richmond perspective we would not want to be screwed twice. However from the Carlton perspective if we were willing to give away a round two pick for Hampson, they'd have to believe we're soft touches that could easy be bent over again. Even more so with Richmond having been connected with so many potential trades, it almost seems this club is desperate to offload it's first round draft pick.

I think you're right, a second rounder for Yarran would be about fair but on balance I got a horrible feeling we would be paying overs to the Blues again.

From what I have read the first 15 picks or so are as solid as previous drafts it's just after that it falls away and plateaus. We could very easily end up with a pick comfortably within that top 15. Most likely the pick we throw away to Carlton could get us a player of Vlastuin, Ellis or Lennon potential. Don't mind getting Yarran to Richmond but not for anything in the top 15. A top 15 pick is definitely overs.
Yes agreed but I highly doubt we'd use a pick that high on him.

My question mark over Aish is if we were to land him where does he play come round 1 next year. As of now he isn't yet established in any one position mostly due to his lack of conditioning (needs a couple of preseasons of hitting the weights) that is currently effecting his ability to perform in his preferred position in midfield as well as a lack of experience. Both out of his control must I add.

Now lets say he is able to gain a few kg's over preseason and can now stand up in more tackles do we then give him the keys to be a part of our midfield rotation or does he start on wing/hbf before graduating to the midfield once a position opens up or does he continue to learn his craft (play midfield) for the VFL team for a season or until such time as his performances demand selection. Which the second part of the equation is what do we part with in order to obtain him and is there a more ready made option available that could help us bridge any gap next season.

Perhaps some of his bigger fans can help me out with this THE_GUN tigs2010.

What I heard on the weekend is that the 750-800k figure that keeps getting thrown around is not all salary cap money. That’s the overall value of the contract when 3rd party deals/sponsorships are taken into account. So theoretically Treloar could just be on 650k according to the salary cap. I think people are getting really carried away with what the impact could be on our list if he’s on 800k, when that is not the real figure.

650k is very manageable but we probably won’t get him anyway so I suppose it doesn’t really matter

My question mark over Aish is if we were to land him where does he play come round 1 next year. As of now he isn't yet established in any one position mostly due to his lack of conditioning (needs a couple of preseasons of hitting the weights) that is currently effecting his ability to perform in his preferred position in midfield as well as a lack of experience. Both out of his control must I add.

Now lets say he is able to gain a few kg's over preseason and can now stand up in more tackles do we then give him the keys to be a part of our midfield rotation or does he start on wing/hbf before graduating to the midfield once a position opens up or does he continue to learn his craft (play midfield) for the VFL team for a season until such time as his performances demand selection. Which the second part of the equation is what do we part with in order to obtain him and is there a more ready made option available that could help us bridge any gap next season.

I'd partner him with Houli off a HBF. He reads the play well and distributes the ball beautifully off both sides. The challenge for him would be defensive accountability but I reckon he'd come up to scratch pretty quickly.

Now lets say he is able to gain a few kg's over preseason and can now stand up in more tackles do we then give him the keys to be a part of our midfield rotation or does he start on wing/hbf before graduating to the midfield once a position opens up or does he continue to learn his craft (play midfield) for the VFL team for a season or until such time as his performances demand selection. Which the second part of the equation is what do we part with in order to obtain him and is there a more ready made option available that could help us bridge any gap next season.

Much the same as any pick in the ND. As long as he doesn't demand the earth in contract terms, the investment is not much different to a draft pick. Will come down to where our footy department rates him in relation to the available talent.

I'd partner him with Houli off a HBF. He reads the play well and distributes the ball beautifully off both sides. The challenge for him would be defensive accountability but I reckon he'd come up to scratch pretty quickly.

Half way through watching his game vs Port earlier this season and he matched up with Matt White on the half back flank and he is doing a good job. The only potential problem I see is his lack of composure when forced into a tight situation, has that Taylor Hunt slam it on the boot problem.

Is faster then I had given him credit for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The stench of the Hampson trade would hang over this deal. From the Richmond perspective we would not want to be screwed twice. However from the Carlton perspective if we were willing to give away a round two pick for Hampson, they'd have to believe we're soft touches that could easy be bent over again. Even more so with Richmond having been connected with so many potential trades, it almost seems this club is desperate to offload it's first round draft pick.

I think you're right, a second rounder for Yarran would be about fair but on balance I got a horrible feeling we would be paying overs to the Blues again.

I'm not sure the club sees it as paying over despite what we think on here.

I wouldn't concern yourself with over paying either. The club is very firm in its valuation of players. If we value Yarran as pick 25 we will never go above that. Considering the value we get from 1st rounders I highly doubt we will give up our first unless it's a downgrade to carltons 2nd pick.

I'm not sure the club sees it as paying over despite what we think on here.

I wouldn't concern yourself with over paying either. The club is very firm in its valuation of players. If we value Yarran as pick 25 we will never go above that. Considering the value we get from 1st rounders I highly doubt we will give up our first unless it's a downgrade to carltons 2nd pick.
That would depend on our timing in the valuation,If we go by our valuation of 6 months ago - 1st pick
Currently 2nd round pick

How much are we in love with him

The hammer pick was 32 off memory. I would expect a pick in the twenties to be adequate, or a player swap.
End of the day, it's all speculation, we'll see.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Would be performance based I imagine year two onwards. Could probably pay him $300k-$400k next year, but if he plays all 22 games (with good form) I imagine he'd want a significant bump the following year to $400k-$550k. Or maybe you just sign him on a two year deal for $350k-$400k a year and go from there.

Don't think he is on that much currently at Carlton.
I don't watch nearly as much footy as I used to, but I've really only seen him played of a HBF or maybe a wing. Has he ever spent any significant time forward and if so, what was the consensus from Carlton perspective?

Yarran will never be a reliable player, end of story.

Even if we got him for free - he'll never be reliable.

What's the point?

Pass.

Really? all the ones down my way love the bloke
From memory he's like a Blicavs, won't dominate the ruck with him like you could with a Hampson and can't work over his opposition like a Maric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back