Strategy Blair Hartley Project 2015 II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's his average tackle count in losing games?

In the 7 losses he played in, he has had 1, 4, 5, 5, 1, 2, 5. That's an average of 3.2 in a losing team, he averages 3.3 for the season. So his tackle count doesn't really drop and he's probably be in Richmond's top 5 for tackles. That's not bad if you ask me.

In the 7 losses he played in, he has had 1, 4, 5, 5, 1, 2, 5. That's an average of 3.2 in a losing team, he averages 3.3 for the season. So his tackle count doesn't really drop and he's probably be in Richmond's top 5 for tackles. That's not bad if you ask me.
Richmond are the worst tackling side in the league (or close to) so comparing an average tackler in Motlop to us is unfair. We need more two way runners, not down hill skiers. I did say he would be an upgrade on many on the list but if he costs us over $500K I say look elsewhere. I'd prefer Treloar at $700K.

From memory he's like a Blicavs, won't dominate the ruck with him like you could with a Hampson and can't work over his opposition like a Maric
Must be all the weed these southern port supporters down my way smoke then cause they love the bloke, get tired of hearing about how when him and ryder gel it will be worth an extra 4-6 goals a game

Lobbe is contracted and Ports best ruckman. He wont be going anywhere. They have another bloke being starved of opportunity in Jarrad Redden.
I think he can play and he would be excellent cover for big Ivan. Still only 25 and wont cost the earth to get.

Gotta say, Lambert looks a keeper.

For all the criticism that Blair and Dan get for failing to actually get a name the club, Frank is making them look good by getting Lambert, and Miles as rookie picks in successive years.

LIFT BLAIR !
I have to say Lambert is the exact type a lot of supporters have insisted we go after.As for Miles im pretty ceretain one Mark Williams had a fair bit to do with that.

If you want to see what can be achieved by a club in the rookie draft or even 4th round in the nd onwards, go look at Collingwood over the last 6 or 8 years.
The simple truth is FJ has been very poor in all areas outside of the first round.
He must have had 40 or more rookie picks in his ten years at the club and you would be hard pressed to name 5 decent players to come from it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to say Lambert is the exact type a lot of supporters have insisted we go after.As for Miles im pretty ceretain one Mark Williams had a fair bit to do with that.

If you want to see what can be achieved by a club in the rookie draft or even 4th round in the nd onwards, go look at Collingwood over the last 6 or 8 years.
The simple truth is FJ has been very poor in all areas outside of the first round.
He must have had 40 or more rookie picks in his ten years at the club and you would be hard pressed to name 5 decent players to come from it.

I have been very critical of our rookie drafting for ages, we've picked up too many retreads or moved guys off the main list to the rookie list like Arnot, Hislop and Gourdis (who i hoped for but he was never right in the head). But Collingwood have plowed a shite load more cash into recruiting then we could afford to spend on our coaching staff for awhile there. It's given them leg up and yet they are still below us on the ladder ;)

Why is Richmond/Dimma copping it for talking to Yarran yet Geelong go unscathed even though they've got Danger and Selwood all sewn up
according to the media?

Lobbe is contracted and Ports best ruckman. He wont be going anywhere. They have another bloke being starved of opportunity in Jarrad Redden.
I think he can play and he would be excellent cover for big Ivan. Still only 25 and wont cost the earth to get.
Contract doesn't matter if he agrees to be traded. I think they know they can't play him and Ryder in the same side and they have committed to Ryder. I reckon port would be very open to an offer

Weak drafts makes it hard i like a few of the later picks this year, goergey comes to mind also.think short has some talent and we cant judge butler and drummo or reece.

I have been very critical of our rookie drafting for ages, we've picked up too many retreads or moved guys off the main list to the rookie list like Arnot, Hislop and Gourdis (who i hoped for but he was never right in the head). But Collingwood have plowed a shite load more cash into recruiting then we could afford to spend on our coaching staff for awhile there. It's given them leg up and yet they are still below us on the ladder ;)
Their spend on recruiting has proven to be justified. They won a premiership in 2010 wth about 9 players who were taken out of the rookie draft.
Yep we are above them but for how long??. Will they go past us again without us even making top 4??. Both imo are rrealistic questions.
The year our coach came they won a premiership. It is concievable they will go from premiership to rebuild and past us and we wont have made top 4 or won a final. I know who has done better.

Why is Richmond/Dimma copping it for talking to Yarran yet Geelong go unscathed even though they've got Danger and Selwood all sewn up
according to the media?

Gary Lyon having a go on the TV, Hardwick did an interview a few months back and they asked about Rance and he said talking to players when not in trade time should be off limits etc and only happen in trade time, then apparently richmond senior mgmnt and Hardwick met with yarran a few weeks back.

If Carlton can get a compo pick next to their round 1 selection for Kreuzer they would be negligent not to take it.
If Carlton are smart...which I doubt, they'd be offering Yarran to us for a second round pick on the proviso that we pay Kreuzer enough for the first 2 years in order to automatically trigger a first round Compo selection for them.

They'd get the 2 best big men available in the draft. picks 1 & 2. (weitering & Sache)

Imo, the blues would let kreuzer go if it meant we could get first round compo.

with regards to the yarran component - the blues would probably want something coming back the other way to build up some depth (hampson+mckenzie?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back