Strategy Blair Hartley Project 2015 II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will only touch Carlisle for 1st round pick in this year's draft. Gun defender.

Why give Essendon anything; Carlisle has a sulk if things are not going his way.

If the positions were reversed, Essendon would not be offering a first round pick; take them to the cleaners as they have tried to do to every other club.

Last edited:
perfect window for us would be as follows though likelihood of happening sfa
trade 1 our first and second to Brisbane for aish and Brisbane's second
trade 2 lion's second to carlton for yarran
trade 3 griff to freo for weller
trade 4 next years first for motlop
trade 5 our 3rd for aaron hall

in aish,yarran,weller,motlop,hall
out griff,1st rounder for next 2 years,second and third

best 22 grimes rance batch
vlas chaplin houli
ellis dusty grigg
yarran jack motlop
mcbean ty lids
maric miles cotch
lambert,lennon,aish,cellis
emergencies weller,hall,menadue

I'm struggling to come up with an example...:D
Players worse than Stanton for softness.........

Is this a trick question; I googled "players softer than Stanton" and got the result.

"Brent Stanton is a hard-running accumulator on the outside"; so while the question still has not been answered we at least know hard-running accumulator on the outside equates to soft.

I hope this helps

Last edited:
Imo, the blues would let kreuzer go if it meant we could get first round compo.

with regards to the yarran component - the blues would probably want something coming back the other way to build up some depth (hampson+mckenzie?)
Why would we give you anything more? We'd be helping you achieve a first round compo for Kreuzer who's not worth that and a second for Yarran which is all he is worth. No bullshit here, if RFC or any other club pays more than a second round pick for Yarran their recruiting staff should be charge with negligence.

To simular to Lennon. If he can keep on the park and play midfield he will be a gun.
The blues will want to much though.
Dont think he has the tank to play in the midfield nor does he get enough of the ball. Clever around goals but would say the blooze would want a first for him. Poor mans Chad Wingard imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isnt he from SA as well?
If he left the blooze he would want to go back there id guess.
Yeah from SA but has Dan at the Cats so cant see him too concerned about a return to SA

If the Cats were smart they would package Menzel with Henderson.
They are smart and imagine it would be discussed

Matthew Lobbe seems like he's on the fringe a bit at Port Adelaide now (last few weeks) with Paddy Ryder taking charge a bit. Not entirely sure why, he's been subbed out for them a couple of times, dropped, etc.

Very underrated player for mine. Good hands, a good kick at goal and an excellent tap ruckman. One of the best ruckman in the comp last year.

Currently 26 but I think would have a fair bit of currency. From Victoria too...

Anyone else interested?

PS: Heard no rumours about him even leaving or anything. Not even sure what his contract is like.

He's the worst, most uncompetitive ruck in the comp.

Yarran's value in todays envoirment is a selection between #20-#30 , How we get this pick is the thing that needs to be worked on

I dont think we should be giving up our 1st pick for Yarran and it looks like Carlton are the ones that are looking to off load him at the moment

dangerfield come out and said its absolute crap about a deal being agreed to with the cats and that he hasnt decided what he is doing yet..

could just be towing the line, but the door could still be open for us?

He's said all along he hasn't decided on what he wants to do until the end of the season.

Definitely worth considering if he comes onto the market - whilst in SA, he should grow a mullet to increase our interest in him. Maybe a packaged deal of Lobbe and Matty White for Hampson and Thomas should get it done. ;)

If we nab him, we could nickname him 'ear'.

Beyond the Thomas relationship we also have Jarryd Cachia (VFL captain) who is a former red leg.

Have also come to the conclusion that Aish did not have Deledio posters on his bedroom walls. Did however have Matt Thomas (Norwood, not Port) posters on his walls.

dangerfield come out and said its absolute crap about a deal being agreed to with the cats and that he hasnt decided what he is doing yet..

could just be towing the line, but the door could still be open for us?
So with 3 rounds to go he's saying that he still hasn't decided where he's going to play next year.......
images.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back