BLK Clash Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

i dont think this will be a popular opinion, but if the AFL is forcing us to have a white clash guernsey, instead of coming up with this rubbish (which they SHOULD have known would be critically panned after the last guernsey), lets just wear all white. like england at the world cup. at least we would be the first AFL club to try something, instead of the last bloody AFL club with a cartoon vest.

They wouldn't stop it, not couldn't. Massive difference.

Budgets are only things on paper. See many AFL clubs who lose money every year.

They could have stopped it if they knew ther jumper wasn't good enough. But they chose not to.
Fagan could come out in a tutu and sing a Disney song.
Fagan could shave his head and scream "Ad-el-aide" at the reporters instead of answering their questions.
Fagan could fire all employees and make all club positions vacant for new applicants.

Saying someone could is ridiculous.

He couldn't, wouldn't and shouldn't !!

Fagan could come out in a tutu and sing a Disney song.
Fagan could shave his head and scream "Ad-el-aide" at the reporters instead of answering their questions.
Fagan could fire all employees and make all club positions vacant for new applicants.

Saying someone could is ridiculous.

He couldn't, wouldn't and shouldn't !!

He could have stopped it. He just didn't.

Products get pulled all the time based on sales, poltical, social and economical reasons.

Andrew Fegan just didn't want to step on any toes this early. It wasn't a big enough battle he wanted to fight.

Why? because the jumper is ok.

Products get pulled all the time based on sales, poltical, social and economical reasons.

Andrew Fegan just didn't want to step on any toes this early. It wasn't a big enough battle he wanted to fight.

I think even me who isn't a fan of the design would have waived it through. It's not a complete embarrassment, it's just a bit frustrating that we haven't gone down the traditional path.

Hypothetically, if Richmond got a new CEO, and their old CEO decided to change the home jumper to a silver background with black and gold hoops, then I can see a new CEO reversing that decision. That original decision would have literally changed the identity of a football club.

I don't think we're at that point here.

I think even me who isn't a fan of the design would have waived it through. It's not a complete embarrassment, it's just a bit frustrating that we haven't gone down the traditional path.

Hypothetically, if Richmond got a new CEO, and their old CEO decided to change the home jumper to a silver background with black and gold hoops, then I can see a new CEO reversing that decision. That original decision would have literally changed the identity of a football club.

I don't think we're at that point here.
It's all about the moolah hey, there is such a thing as projected sales. If Fagan has data acknowledging that the jumper is going to make money then wether we like it or not it's gonna last it's tenure and he will be pragmatic regarding the opposition to it. I like the idea of a traditional clash guernsey but also understand that the experimentation of these white background designs is going to eventually lead to a result that most supporters are going to be happy with.

Quick Fagan is at next gen.... What do i say to him???

It's all about the moolah hey, there is such a thing as projected sales. If Fagan has data acknowledging that the jumper is going to make money then wether we like it or not it's gonna last it's tenure and he will be pragmatic regarding the opposition to it. I like the idea of a traditional clash guernsey but also understand that the experimentation of these white background designs is going to eventually lead to a result that most supporters are going to be happy with.

I guess we'll know what Fagan's thoughts on the matter are in 2 years time when there's some reference committee to decide the next design.

The tweet did seem to suggest he wants far more fan consultation on the matter than in previous years.

I guess we'll know what Fagan's thoughts on the matter are in 2 years time when there's some reference committee to decide the next design.

The tweet did seem to suggest he wants far more fan consultation on the matter than in previous years.
Yes and that was a pragmatic response to appease the negativity and I'm sure he will do exactly that!:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i dont think this will be a popular opinion, but if the AFL is forcing us to have a white clash guernsey, instead of coming up with this rubbish (which they SHOULD have known would be critically panned after the last guernsey), lets just wear all white. like england at the world cup. at least we would be the first AFL club to try something, instead of the last bloody AFL club with a cartoon vest.

Did you see Newcastle's away / clash strip in the EPL on the weekend when playing WBA? It was a green and blue abomination. Bet their fans wouldn't have thought anything of it tho, and they won 2-0. They obviously don't have the same morbid attachment to black and white stripes as some.

Did you see Newcastle's away / clash strip in the EPL on the weekend when playing WBA? It was a green and blue abomination. Bet their fans wouldn't have thought anything of it tho, and they won 2-0. They obviously don't have the same morbid attachment to black and white stripes as some.
Newcastle have had some shocking clash strips over the years, and they absolutely haven't been adored by fans all the time. They identify as black and white, which they wear at home. The clash strip is - as it should be - a distinct design that clashes with others. Given the history of the EPL and the number of teams, the likelihood of similar jumpers and colours is very high. Obviously this leads to the ridiculous colours like greens and blues.

I might be wrong, but don't many clubs in the EPL use their clash strips as a sort of advertising? I know last year Newcastle used a very blue clash to align with a blue-logo'd sponsor. Be thankful the AFL isn't there yet :p

EDIT: Also, weren't you one of those who hated the new crows clash? Seems strange you'd admit that the top doesn't really matter in your above post, but have such strong feelings about seeing the crows do something similar.

Newcastle have had some shocking clash strips over the years, and they absolutely haven't been adored by fans all the time. They identify as black and white, which they wear at home. The clash strip is - as it should be - a distinct design that clashes with others. Given the history of the EPL and the number of teams, the likelihood of similar jumpers and colours is very high. Obviously this leads to the ridiculous colours like greens and blues.

I might be wrong, but don't many clubs in the EPL use their clash strips as a sort of advertising? I know last year Newcastle used a very blue clash to align with a blue-logo'd sponsor. Be thankful the AFL isn't there yet :p

EDIT: Also, weren't you one of those who hated the new crows clash? Seems strange you'd admit that the top doesn't really matter in your above post, but have such strong feelings about seeing the crows do something similar.

Although the colour scheme was horrific the actual design still looked like it was done by someone who had at least graduated primary school. Also it is certainly not the only clash strip they are stuck with for 2 years.

I was more making the point or just an observation that fans of EPL and other overseas leagues have that many different clash strips that do not resemble their team's traditional strip at all that most fans wouldn't even bat an eyelid now no matter what they wear ... as far as I know anyway.

Although the colour scheme was horrific the actual design still looked like it was done by someone who had at least graduated primary school. Also it is certainly not the only clash strip they are stuck with for 2 years.

I was more making the point or just an observation that fans of EPL and other overseas leagues have that many different clash strips that do not resemble their team's traditional strip at all that most fans wouldn't even bat an eyelid now no matter what they wear ... as far as I know anyway.

The difference is, they still stick with fairly traditional designs, but they do experiment with the colours.

I don't think I've ever seen an AFL side wear something consistently that is completely away from their colour scheme.

I wouldn't mind it personally. I think i'd prefer a normal looking kit that has a non-clashing colour, than something quite wacky but has the crows colours.

In Soccer though, most clubs have straight colours instead of designs like hoops/sashes/Vs/stripes.

The difference is, they still stick with fairly traditional designs, but they do experiment with the colours.

I don't think I've ever seen an AFL side wear something consistently that is completely away from their colour scheme.

I wouldn't mind it personally. I think i'd prefer a normal looking kit that has a non-clashing colour, than something quite wacky but has the crows colours.

In Soccer though, most clubs have straight colours instead of designs like hoops/sashes/Vs/stripes.

I agree with all that. It was just strange to choose a predominantly green kit for Newcastle tho, playing on grass and all. Made it worse for the viewer than if both sides had black and white stripes on I reckon!

Central Coast wore an all pink strip a couple of weeks ago for some charity ... I think one of the NRL clubs does that every year too.

You wonder how many people at the club, on the road to it becoming our official Guernsey, actually saw it. Surely at some point in the chain someone would have said wtf its grotesque.

The more I look it at the less I like it. Its not a Guernsey that screams strong, proud, aggressive club. The first real big stain on the reputation of the new administration.

You wonder how many people at the club, on the road to it becoming our official Guernsey, actually saw it. Surely at some point in the chain someone would have said wtf its grotesque.

The more I look it at the less I like it. Its not a Guernsey that screams strong, proud, aggressive club. The first real big stain on the reputation of the new administration.
you're kidding yourself if you think the current admin had anything to do with this..

would have been signed off months ago

Hey guys, name's Luke, long time reading big footy but first time to actually post anything. So hi :)
Anyway, was excited to read that there was a new clash guernsey the other day, only to have a fairly neutral response. It's actually slowly growing off me now, realising that it has no real connection with the crows at all, being something more suited to richmond. Have had an idea for a clash guernsey in my head for a while now, something that works off our most recognisable design, our home guersnsey, except sticking with the AFL's (interstate) rule on being predominantly white.
Anyway, quick do up on photoshop so a bit rough, but any thoughts? :)
not bad but would make the coloured hoops thicker as it is too white, especially with white shorts and socks.

I've been thinking the same thing. The employees in the marketing department must follow each other like incompetent lemmings. Nobody has the balls to say "you know what guys, I think we're heading in the wrong direction" or even worse they all genuinely feel they are heading in the right direction.

I then started thinking about Katrina Gill and the Twitter guy who were pumping it up the night before the release. Why would they bother? But I guess it's their job to promote whatever turd the club dishes up but it would be nice if she gave them a backhanded "ughh, not a fan" at some point during the process just to make them reassess.

Someone needs to step out of line and plead the department moves in a different direction. It might be the best move as far as job security goes.

you're kidding yourself if you think the current admin had anything to do with this..

would have been signed off months ago
Correct, unfortunately, the current admin would have been presented with two choices;

a.) Run with it
b.) Go back to the drawing board and produce an alternative design, which would have taken more time, which in turn means you're not selling away jumpers whilst you're off starting from scratch again.

Hard to blame the current admin for this one. And I don't get the feeling that the previous admin culture really made people within the club feel encouraged to speak up when they didn't like something.

Correct, unfortunately, the current admin would have been presented with two choices;

a.) Run with it
b.) Go back to the drawing board and produce an alternative design, which would have taken more time, which in turn means you're not selling away jumpers whilst you're off starting from scratch again.

Hard to blame the current admin for this one. And I don't get the feeling that the previous admin culture really made people within the club feel encouraged to speak up when they didn't like something.
a salient, sensible post. a rare occurence here lately :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

BLK Clash Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back