BLK Clash Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

white jumpers just don't look right unless you are Real Madrid
I don't mind Melbourne City FC's guernsey. I would have one if not for the fact that they'd sold out before the first game.

14578214226_c4df776641_b.jpg

Pretty much this.

The Footy Graphic design board not so kind with their feedback. It's just poorly executed in my view.

They either should have done this

View attachment 91524

Or if they insisted on having the Lion on there, give it an outline so it provides a better contrast over the funnel.

View attachment 91526

Without the outline, the Lion looks really messy on white. Plus it's a bit of a mishmash of everything.
Both ours, and theirs look substantially better just by darkening the claw colours or the outline.
Something so simple, wonder if they tried it, but decided on the brighter option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both ours, and theirs look substantially better just by darkening the claw colours or the outline.
Something so simple, wonder if they tried it, but decided on the brighter option.

I photoshopped the Guernsey with our actual colours and it looks much better. The darker blue and richer yellow stands out more and looks classy. The colours as they are now are totally hideous. I put a side by side comparison on on pg20 of the thread if your interested. I just can't understand how they could have thought that was a good idea to go with bright blue.

Went down to the club today to take some photos of the new jumpers. As you can see, they are behind glass in a case so I couldn't take a photo of the back.

If this is the official player jumper (I think it is), then I think the side panels are more ridiculous than the clash jumper. They are totally unnecessary, look poor aesthetically and aren't represented of the official design of our club (Navy base with Red, gold and navy HOOPS). It's not bloody hard to have full hoops on a design, especially on one that doesn't have mesh panels like Reebok, Puma, Nike.

P1010003_zpse609ac2d.jpg

P1010004_zpsa1da69b7.jpg

P1010005_zps5f132f8b.jpg

P1010006_zpsa10816f9.jpg

P1010008_zps1a1af25b.jpg

agree with this. I was told by one poster that I was wrong when I said I didn't mind the new strip. What we are saying is it is time to put down the pitch forks whatever your opinion is.

Agree 100% with that. You like it, that's your viewpoint, I disagree. You're not wrong, you stated you liked it, which I presume you do, it's impossible for you to be wrong unless you don't actually like it. However, there have most certainly been some posts that imply that the nay-Sayers are out in force and don't concern yourself with them. I don't, but if I was to post (not a response to you), "hey Fages, don't listen to the posters who like the design, they agree with almost everything you or the club do and it's a slow time of the year and they don't have anything else to be agreeable about." It's fair enough to call out posters who unreasonably attack posters genuine thoughts, but mocking an entire thought line, like one here has done is out of line. Especially considering the factors, off-season, with guernsey designs are always in play, so it's hardly a contributory factor. There has been a consistent 'miss' by the club for quite some time on this. Well, at least with those with the ability to voice their opinion.

Surely there's two paragraphs in that, but I can't be effed reviewing it. I don't like the design, but I'm a zero kid family with 2 bulldogs who purchased a 9 seat vw caravelle as their first ever brand new car. I don't have a single friend who thinks that makes sense.

Went down to the club today to take some photos of the new jumpers. As you can see, they are behind glass in a case so I couldn't take a photo of the back.

If this is the official player jumper (I think it is), then I think the side panels are more ridiculous than the clash jumper. They are totally unnecessary, look poor aesthetically and aren't represented of the official design of our club (Navy base with Red, gold and navy HOOPS). It's not bloody hard to have full hoops on a design, especially on one that doesn't have mesh panels like Reebok, Puma, Nike.

P1010003_zpse609ac2d.jpg

P1010004_zpsa1da69b7.jpg

P1010005_zps5f132f8b.jpg

P1010006_zpsa10816f9.jpg

P1010008_zps1a1af25b.jpg

Wow. Looking at that photo my first reaction was like. Much better in this photo than the picture on the email I saw. I have never liked any of our away jumpers apart from this one.

93012544.jpg

Wow. Looking at that photo my first reaction was like. Much better in this photo than the picture on the email I saw. I have never liked any of our away jumpers apart from this one.

93012544.jpg
I actually thought that looked horrible on field, seriously ugly, worse than GWS' jumper

Hey guys, name's Luke, long time reading big footy but first time to actually post anything. So hi :)
Anyway, was excited to read that there was a new clash guernsey the other day, only to have a fairly neutral response. It's actually slowly growing off me now, realising that it has no real connection with the crows at all, being something more suited to richmond. Have had an idea for a clash guernsey in my head for a while now, something that works off our most recognisable design, our home guersnsey, except sticking with the AFL's (interstate) rule on being predominantly white.
Anyway, quick do up on photoshop so a bit rough, but any thoughts? :)

Attachments

• Guernsey Clash.jpg
    Guernsey Clash.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 5
Hey guys, name's Luke, long time reading big footy but first time to actually post anything. So hi :)
Anyway, was excited to read that there was a new clash guernsey the other day, only to have a fairly neutral response. It's actually slowly growing off me now, realising that it has no real connection with the crows at all, being something more suited to richmond. Have had an idea for a clash guernsey in my head for a while now, something that works off our most recognisable design, our home guersnsey, except sticking with the AFL's (interstate) rule on being predominantly white.
Anyway, quick do up on photoshop so a bit rough, but any thoughts? :)

I don't mind it.

I'll give you a like for the effort, but it's too much white I think.

See, this is not 100% true.

The "guy in charge" and Andrew Fegan had every chance to stop the production of the product but due to the 'sunk costs' already put into this product, the man hours associated to it's development and product promotions - that's the reason why it would not be stopped. By stopping production now and starting again would become massive financial challenge to try and recoup that money.

They had every choice in stopping it but the budget they had didn't allow it to occur.

The question I have is, did they run this jumper through a focus group with multiple demographics linked to our membership base. If they did and it still came up ok, that's fine by me.

If they didn't, why not? did not not learn from past experiences.

for the record - I like the jumper.

That is very contradictory post there Alex.

You basically say he could then outline why he couldn't? Not to mention the fact that he would basically have been showing no confidence in a heap of staff with nothing more to go on than the early screams from a minority of the supporters.

He couldn't, it would have been financially inept, and poor leadership.

You cannot fight every fight head on like that in the corporate world, and Fagan will know this.

Learn from it - yes. Have tight reigns on the process next time it comes around - yes. Walk in and make a d!ck of yourself by trying to wield your power at your first opportunity - no, that would be amateur hour.

That is very contradictory post there Alex.

You basically say he could then outline why he couldn't? Not to mention the fact that he would basically have been showing no confidence in a heap of staff with nothing more to go on than the early screams from a minority of the supporters.

He couldn't, it would have been financially inept, and poor leadership.

You cannot fight every fight head on like that in the corporate world, and Fagan will know this.

Learn from it - yes. Have tight reigns on the process next time it comes around - yes. Walk in and make a d!ck of yourself by trying to wield your power at your first opportunity - no, that would be amateur hour.

They wouldn't stop it, not couldn't. Massive difference.

Budgets are only things on paper. See many AFL clubs who lose money every year.

They could have stopped it if they knew ther jumper wasn't good enough. But they chose not to.

Remove this Banner Ad

BLK Clash Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back