BLK Clash Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Have opinions, disagree no need to to continually shit on the club in public forums and social media.

How about, 'I dont really like the new jumper but some appear to. I have seen better designs elsewhere'

rather than

'The new jumper is pathetic, more mistakes from our shit club admin, our marketing is just shit, we suck at everything. My opinion is more valid than the halfwits thay say its a good jumper'

You get the gist?

I wasnt specifically referring to Bigfooty only. The vitriolic crap was all over facebook and twitter, even tweets directed at Fagan.
I don't know WD, no doubt there's people who spout 'vitriolic crap' but there's plenty of pollyanna flag-wavers too...and in between there's lots who just want to discuss the goings on of their footy team - and yes, picking apart the faults is very much part of the discussion. Where are you going to draw the line between valid criticism and carping? There's always going to be stuff that gives you the shits. For me, it's people who continually obsess over Port Adelaide. That just bores me to tears but it doesn't define the whole shooting match.

I think we all agree that abusive rants in any medium are uncool.

They are loving it on the Brissy board though :eek:
They (rightly) do like that lion.

If we got rid of the raptor head I would be celebrating too.

Pretty much this.

The Footy Graphic design board not so kind with their feedback. It's just poorly executed in my view.

They either should have done this

91050_4cd3d74b7241076e8109ec3f3fc404f8.png

Or if they insisted on having the Lion on there, give it an outline so it provides a better contrast over the funnel.

Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 9.43.12 pm.png

Without the outline, the Lion looks really messy on white. Plus it's a bit of a mishmash of everything.

Pretty much this.

The Footy Graphic design board not so kind with their feedback. It's just poorly executed in my view.

They either should have done this

View attachment 91524

Or if they insisted on having the Lion on there, give it an outline so it provides a better contrast over the funnel.

View attachment 91526

Without the outline, the Lion looks really messy on white. Plus it's a bit of a mishmash of everything.
I'd have made the maroon a yolk and not extended it down the front and then maroon outlined the lion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I either missed it or this hasn't been posted yet

Follow
Andrew FaganVerified account‏@Fages1
Thx 4 feedback (variety of views as always!) on clash jumper. Its welcomed. For 2016 will assemble reference group 2 support design process.

Where did this guy go to CEO school? Didn't flatly tell us to "deal with it", took the fans' opinions on board and basically admitted the process was flawed while vowing to do right by the fans next time.

What a spud.

Clearly having a go at anyone who doesn't like the guernsey and has the audacity to post about it in a discussion forum about that exact topic. Apologise if I missed the sarcasm, but if none was intended then you mocking posters for posting negative comments does come across as self-righteous. Happy for you to tell me where I've misunderstood or headed down the wrong path.

My perfect right to suggest to Andrew Fagan that a lot of comments on the Guernsey may give the impression there is a huge groundswell of feeling about the Guernsey, whereas my point was there is little else to post about this time of year. My post didn't refer to either negative or positive points of view. You just assumed I was deriding the validity of any negative comments.
I am quite happy for posters to have continual negative viewpoints, their privilege. You also seem to be OK with posters having 'negative views or disagreeing with club decisions' and yet you state your 'surprise at other posters complaining about such negative views'. ? For me it's gotta work both ways?
Finally I wasn't 'clearly having a go at anyone who dislikes the Guernsey' - that is just your frame of mind, as is your labelling and personal reference of tool to another poster's point of view. ? ?

My perfect right to suggest to Andrew Fagan that a lot of comments on the Guernsey may give the impression there is a huge groundswell of feeling about the Guernsey, whereas my point was there is little else to post about this time of year. My post didn't refer to either negative or positive points of view. You just assumed I was deriding the validity of any negative comments.
I am quite happy for posters to have continual negative viewpoints, their privilege. You also seem to be OK with posters having 'negative views or disagreeing with club decisions' and yet you state your 'surprise at other posters complaining about such negative views'. ? For me it's gotta work both ways?
Finally I wasn't 'clearly having a go at anyone who dislikes the Guernsey' - that is just your frame of mind, as is your labelling and personal reference of tool to another poster's point of view. ? ?
agree with this. I was told by one poster that I was wrong when I said I didn't mind the new strip. What we are saying is it is time to put down the pitch forks whatever your opinion is.

When's the next open training session? I'm reading about people complaining about people complaining since there's nothing else being discussed here at the moment!

we're just discussing topics that interest us in a forum designed for that purpose. We've been going reasonably average for a while, if there's going to be an honest discussion about various facets of the club, then there's going to be a few negative opinions out there. What never ceases to surprise me is people complaining about others having negative views or disagreeing with club decisions. Like being positive is somehow a more valid viewpoint and more rational.
Im not criticising your right to do so mate. I, myself joined BigFooty only recently for that very reason.....my issue is that everyone just wants to whinge about things that are not as important, as they are made to be on here! I wonder how many people on here have actually informed the club that they hate the strip? If you want change, someone actually needs to make some sort of noise, through channels that the club can actually access and listen to. How is it that the lions supporters complained about the paddle pop and now its gone!
It was funny after the Swans home game, people complained about the caw-caw after goals being too loud, all of a sudden the next home game against the Giants it was turned down heaps!

I really wonder how much we contributed to those average years??? at the end of the day, the club belongs to the supporters, us! not TRIGG, CHAPMAN,ROO,SMART OR SANDERSON! So when our club was being "mismanaged" where were we?
Im not judging anyone, I'm not trying to take some higher moral ground, I'm just speaking what I believe.........

Personally I hate the new clash strip, but its done now, and its still the AFC and its still my f****n club. So as far as 2015 is concerned its here to stay! If my feelings get really strong about it I might have to lead a picket MOB in 2016!

Remove this Banner Ad

BLK Clash Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back