BLK Clash Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously not everyone's going to like this one. It's pretty much exactly what we were told it would look like some time ago in the other thread so I'm not now going to be shocked at it.

It's an improvement on the last one, and I do like that overall the club is moving towards using the crow in a less friendly way. Although hard to do on a white jumper.

It does look better upclose in the video and on instagram.

There was a Rebel Sport graph floating around earlier and Crows jumpers were right up near the top so I guess they know what they are doing but I'd always prefer hoops on white.

Honestly I don't care what we wear when we make a grand final. We made a grand final and are a 1 in 2 chance of winning it. That is what matters to me.

Just goes to show the stereotypes are wrong though, as I perceive that it is mostly males concerned about a fashion choice going on here. hee ;)

giphy.gif

Luckily, I threw my microfibre and linen suits away in the new millennium.

Have seen some Jurrasic Park comments, isn't Jurrasic Park 4 coming out early next year? Maybe we are on to something haha

We're the only club left with a "creative artistic" guernsey. Everyone else has gone back to an inverse, or traditional. In fact every professional sport has across the globe. The artistic mish-mash guernseys and jumpers are over.

Except at Adelaide. Welcome to 1996.

Spot on. Brilliant post.

The previous away guernsey wasn't great and I'd be reluctant to see it in a GF one day, but it was okay. Many won't agree with me, but I thought it had a certain balance, feeling of movement and even a bit of class.

The new one ... sorry, it's a turd. It looks like it was designed on Paint, with a very amateurish overall look. The three 'claw mark' stripes are just ugly and they make it look unbalanced, and the players like Fred Flintstone rather than footballers.

The best solution is to Keep It Simple Stupid and go for white with three hoops. Uncomplicated, classy, traditional but can also be called modern. I'd be satisfied to see that in a Grand Final.

Like most others here I was hoping for a normal looking football jumper. This ones a bit silly, but you know. Whatever.

Think main reasons I don't like it much are

-Was hoping that this tacky test market stuff would've been done away with by the new regime. Hoped this was all Stephen 'I'm Stephen Trigg' Trigg's influence but it looks like it wasn't just him, he was just the face of all our mildly embarrassing ideas to appeal to young people.

- Bleeding Red Yellow and Blue? Jesus Christ. 'our boys bleed our club colours. literally. just look at our shit jumper for proof.' etc. you can imagine people sitting in a meeting while a young marketing person explains the metaphor, while pricks in suits sit around, murmuring to one another about how clever it is. it's nearly as clever as that bit in Dodgeball when ben stiller shows the girl that massive painting of him grabbing a bull by the horns. 'it's a metaphor. but it really happened.'

-does it even work? why would a crow tear the guts out of our players with its claws?

So something similar to this?
adelaidewhitehoopsconce.png
100% serious when I say this, let's get a petition going like WC has with their wings to stop this shit they keep producing. I want the one above, is white but yet simple and has hoops, which is our primary design anyway. Advertise it on the main board if we have to, on here and on the Adelaide crows pride, Adelaide crows Facebook pages.

Pretty sure we wore it 8 times. In 8 of our 11 away games, managed to win the majority of those games.
checked the pics in all of our away games - was only 6 times

EDIT - checked again - turns out maths isn't my strong suit - 8 times... i blame the power!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can one of you graphic design wizards mock up what it would look like if instead of revealing the bright colours...the claw marks revealed hoops/the home guernsey 'underneath'? Just wondering whether that would potentially work better?

15543684650_7a2963afc7_o_d.png

5 minutes and a better alternative is produced. Gee our marketing team is awesome.

Seriously, with a little bit of adjusting (I'd make the claw marks a bit thinner) and this one would actually be quite good.

I guess our marketing is like our kicking at goal in big games - miss, miss, hit the post, miss, out on the full, miss.....

The peach slice at the bottom is making me hungry.

So anyway, when is our real clash strip getting released? Surely our people have cottoned on to the groundswell of fan opinion across the entire competition demanding a return to tradition in the jumpers their clubs represent them in. We wouldn't be the last to realise this would we? We do talk to our fans and gauge their opinions, don't we?

I can only assume this all went through before Fagan took over. His first order of business has to be to scrap these lemming jumpers. Give us our traditional full hoops for the home jumper, give us hoops on white for our clash and give us a logo that isn't seen as a symbol of our shittest time as a club. Get on it Fages.

I'm amazed that people get to paid to come up with this shit and then other people get paid to say "yeah that's great let's go with that". Holy Jesus.

100% serious when I say this, let's get a petition going like WC has with their wings to stop this shit they keep producing. I want the one above, is white but yet simple and has hoops, which is our primary design anyway. Advertise it on the main board if we have to, on here and on the Adelaide crows pride, Adelaide crows Facebook pages.

Sounds good. It seems like a petition is the only thing that works these days.

Can one of you graphic design wizards mock up what it would look like if instead of revealing the bright colours...the claw marks revealed hoops/the home guernsey 'underneath'? Just wondering whether that would potentially work better?

Pretty dodgy and rushed, but here.

ufJMP7h.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

BLK Clash Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back