BLK Clash Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

The club's mail has been proven to be pretty wrong quite often in the past few years.
Fair to say our marketing department has performed appallingly badly these past few years. Need a BIG broom through that area.

Then again, if we win a flag in this guernsey, in 10 years time we would all look back fondly on that horrible thing.

Yuk!

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2014-11-07/new-clash-guernsey-unleashed

B1yyacqIAAI6gLE.jpg
aah Jeeez!

Who the hell do they consult in this process?

Really need to stop giving design projects to high school kids and employ somebody old enough to understand
the concept of unifying tradition and modernity.

I understand the strip has to be predominantly white - fine, but where does it say you have to **** it up with
some modern designer bullshit?!

DO NOT LIKE. But worse, I hate it that I didn't have a chance to at least vote from a selection of designs.

The club's mail has been proven to be pretty wrong quite often in the past few years.
True.

Still, I don't see why we cant have 3. If traditional strips sell the best as you say, and this crap appeals to the under 18 brigade, then surely they would sell a bucketload having 3 strips, appealing to all demographics. I really cant see the down side, apart from putting up with this type of jumper 6 or 7 games per year.

Good call. Love that movie too, Nicholson is just incredible.
I pretty much feel like this every time I get my hopes up that the club might do something sensible.

I admit I had my hopes up. Last year, I wouldn't have cared. But with all the good changes over the last few months, I must be getting spoilt.

Still, I didn't expect to see us running around in Gold Coast colours next year.

True.

Still, I don't see why we cant have 3. If traditional strips sell the best as you say, and this crap appeals to the under 18 brigade, then surely they would sell a bucketload having 3 strips, appealing to all demographics. I really cant see the down side, apart from putting up with this type of jumper 6 or 7 games per year.

As people have been saying the claw-type guernsey should be used for pre-season only. It's fine having a 3rd guernsey for that purpose. But using a guernsey like this in the home and away season, or even more significantly finals, is just embarrassing.

I like it, it’s so much better than the last one, to me our best away strip was the one we had in 2012, with the Crow head on it, but this one comes close. It shows is that the boys bleed red, blue and gold.
The thing is the clubs are never going to market away Guernsey's to our age group (25-45?), they are marketing to the kids, so they can take their white Guernsey and get the players signatures all over it at the many Crows Nest Members days/nights that are help throughout the year.
To see a bad away strip, look at the Bulldogs away strip that the guys were wearing in Ballarat yesterday, that’s a shocker!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like it, it’s so much better than the last one, to me our best away strip was the one we had in 2012, with the Crow head on it, but this one comes close. It shows is that the boys bleed red, blue and gold.
The thing is the clubs are never going to market away Guernsey's to our age group (25-45?), they are marketing to the kids, so they can take their white Guernsey and get the players signatures all over it at the many Crows Nest Members days/nights that are help throughout the year.
To see a bad away strip, look at the Bulldogs away strip that the guys were wearing in Ballarat yesterday, that’s a shocker!

We're the only club left with a "creative artistic" guernsey. Everyone else has gone back to an inverse, or traditional. In fact every professional sport has across the globe. The artistic mish-mash guernseys and jumpers are over.

Except at Adelaide. Welcome to 1996.

For those saying that it would be the guernsey in a GF that is making a presumption on if we win a toss or not. The 'home team' is decided on a toss of the coin from memory. Also would I be happy if my club wore that in a GF. You bet I would. It's a grand final, the guernsey is pretty irrelevant. A GF is won on football ability and luck, not what you decided to wear that day.

Don't like it, fine, don't buy it and that will tell the club in terms of marketing sales that it isn't a viable marketing option. Whining about OMG WE CANT WEAR THAT IN A GF reminds me of my sisters being fashion police about some of my clothing choices. I wear what I like. ;)

For those saying that it would be the guernsey in a GF that is making a presumption on if we win a toss or not. The 'home team' is decided on a toss of the coin from memory. Also would I be happy if my club wore that in a GF. You bet I would. It's a grand final, the guernsey is pretty irrelevant. A GF is won on football ability and luck, not what you decided to wear that day.

Don't like it, fine, don't buy it and that will tell the club in terms of marketing sales that it isn't a viable marketing option. Whining about OMG WE CANT WEAR THAT IN A GF reminds me of my sisters being fashion police about some of my clothing choices. I wear what I like. ;)

AFL decides who wears what.

You have the fashion nazis at your house too? Great, I don't feel so left out now.

Remove this Banner Ad

BLK Clash Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back