BLK Clash Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

As we all know the AFL has different rules for Interstate clubs compared to VFL clubs and they would never approve us wearing a Red away strip as we did in the mid 2000’s, due to it clashing with the Suns home strip and Sydney’s home strip, this is why they want a predominantly white strip so it doesn’t clash.

If I had my way there wouldn’t be any clash strips, the clash colours would be white shorts with our traditional Guernsey.

The white shorts worked for decades, no one had problems telling Essendon and Richmond apart in the mud at Windy Hill and the old MCG in the 70’s and 80’s.

Here are this year's and last year's side by side.

080272-crows-jersey.jpg

B1yyacqIAAI6gLE.jpg
Last years was average but much better than this years. People actually get paid for this.

For those saying that it would be the guernsey in a GF that is making a presumption on if we win a toss or not. The 'home team' is decided on a toss of the coin from memory. Also would I be happy if my club wore that in a GF. You bet I would. It's a grand final, the guernsey is pretty irrelevant. A GF is won on football ability and luck, not what you decided to wear that day.

Don't like it, fine, don't buy it and that will tell the club in terms of marketing sales that it isn't a viable marketing option. Whining about OMG WE CANT WEAR THAT IN A GF reminds me of my sisters being fashion police about some of my clothing choices. I wear what I like. ;)

The higher ranked side wears the home jumper in a Grand Final. The lower ranked side may need to wear their away jumper if there is a clash. See 2010 and 2013 as examples.

The higher ranked side wears the home jumper in a Grand Final. The lower ranked side may need to wear their away jumper if there is a clash. See 2010 and 2013 as examples.

So basically people are assuming that if we make a GF, then we will always be a lower ranked side. Way to have faith in your football team ;)

Has anyone noticed that the top 'claw' mark makes the outline of the South Australian coastline... Now that is pretty clever, ugly but clever.
So much thought into it.
SA coastline
Ferocious Crow
Team bleeds blue, red and gold.

The story is making me thinking of buying it.

Kinda like last years indigenous Guernsey. But McLeod designing that was the sealer. Undecided on this still but it is growing (slowly)

The biggest thing is the club needs to say NO to the AFL more often, we should only wear any clash strip 4 or 5 times a year. Hopefully Fages will have enough balls to say No more often.

We only clash - a small amount - and wouldn't with three of the following teams if we wore white shorts and traditional Guernsey.

Richmond (Maybe)
Essendon (Maybe)
St Kilda (Maybe)
Carlton

If we wore white shorts and traditional Guernsey then we would only see the white jumper between one and four times a year, am I right that we seemed to wear it 8-10 times last year.

The worst was against Collingwood at the G when our white strip clashed more with their black and white then the traditional strip!

And to wear the white jumper against Freo is a joke too - how does Navy Blue, red and yellow hoops clash with Purple?!?!?!?

As we all know the AFL has different rules for Interstate clubs compared to VFL clubs and they would never approve us wearing a Red away strip as we did in the mid 2000’s, due to it clashing with the Suns home strip and Sydney’s home strip, this is why they want a predominantly white strip so it doesn’t clash.

I still don't see the issue with us using yellow as a main clash. It's a light colour, and there are far less teams with yellow on their home guernsey than there are with white. Unless I've counted wrong, there are 10 teams with white on their home guernsey compared to 5 with yellow. West Coast being one in both camps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So basically people are assuming that if we make a GF, then we will always be a lower ranked side. Way to have faith in your football team ;)

No, all we're saying is, would you be happy for your team to wear that in a Grand Final?

If the answer is no, then it's probably not a great design. That doesn't mean that we wouldn't be happy that we qualified for the GF.

Almost all clubs have gone away from the kiddy, "modern" approach that we have persisted with for so long.

14 of the 18 clubs have what you would consider either traditional football jumper designs, or inversions of their home jumper. Designs that anyone could draw with a pencil. Sashes, stripes, hoops, tri-panels, chevrons generally on a white base.

You can basically just assume it's going to suck every time we release one of these.

This one gets so much wrong I can't even be bothered making a list.

No, all we're saying is, would you be happy for your team to wear that in a Grand Final?

If the answer is no, then it's probably not a great design. That doesn't mean that we wouldn't be happy that we qualified for the GF.

Almost all clubs have gone away from the kiddy, "modern" approach that we have persisted with for so long.

14 of the 18 clubs have what you would consider either traditional football jumper designs, or inversions of their home jumper. Designs that anyone could draw with a pencil. Sashes, stripes, hoops, tri-panels, chevrons generally on a white base.

Honestly I don't care what we wear when we make a grand final. We made a grand final and are a 1 in 2 chance of winning it. That is what matters to me.

Just goes to show the stereotypes are wrong though, as I perceive that it is mostly males concerned about a fashion choice going on here. hee ;)

giphy.gif

Can one of you graphic design wizards mock up what it would look like if instead of revealing the bright colours...the claw marks revealed hoops/the home guernsey 'underneath'? Just wondering whether that would potentially work better?

Remove this Banner Ad

BLK Clash Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back