Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Williams out. Makes you sick as a supporter, coach.. Williams, McGovern, Marchbank, Cunningham, Martin. 1/9th of the list unreliable and if they were all be in the 1’s so pretty much a 1/4 of our best 22.

So list management and fitness… figure this sh)$ out for once.
Sad part Williams gov bought in taking big chunks of cap space to be that point of difference to our list 🤦🏻‍♂️never ends add cerra to cover our mid drafting flops and it doesn't read well.

Williams will return for a final, probably with another 5 names. No point twinging a hamstring now when we need speed/pressure and foot skills.
Statistics show athletes are dramatically less likely to reoccur after 18 months from an ACL. You can’t fast track ligament growth. The papers on this are well established.
That's under current accepted paradigms. The one of the key issues is blood clotting is very difficult in the knee joint, with other elements being the work of the surgeon in correctly sculpting the knee, and minimising the scarring (particularly in the case of a graft).

Any technology or technique which assists in solving these problems is going to improve recovery time.

Because it will be 5 months and 25 days between doing his ACL and the elimination final and there are barely any modern examples of a professional athlete returning in that timeframe. Even with less conservative approaches, its being wound in to 8-9 months, not less than 6. And I don't want to hear about Tony Liberatore in 1988.

Not to mention the fact that, even in the outside chance that he is kind of, almost, ready to enter a game, they aren't going to pick a bloke who hasn't played since March in a final.
NFL has had 6 month returns and that can be a lot more violent.

Statistics show athletes are dramatically less likely to reoccur after 18 months from an ACL. You can’t fast track ligament growth. The papers on this are well established.
On ligament growth ...? They don't take 9 months to grow. Thats not the time constraint and considering most established papers on ACL injuries have vehemently stood by the fact they don't grow back after rupture are wrong then what is new should be listened to. They're finding cases of non surgically fully reattached ACLS. Which has literally months shorter recovery time and better prognosis + less chance of injury. Physios are starting to press really hard to stop surgery as a first option. 'established papers' need context... Especially in a field that's undergoing a bit of a revolution.

NFL also has given two week bans to positive masking agent tests, as they are a non wada signatory sport. I'm sure it's unrelated
An injured former player had HGH delivered to his house during rehab. They said it was for his wife and not for him. The NFL said "well, nothing more to see here then."

So yeah I doubt they're all that clean.

Having said that, returns like this have happened in the AFL. Liberatore in the 90s iirc and Goldsack not long ago.

Further you could make the case given Doc has had 2, one of which receiving expert training overseas in recovery, having the personal knowledge of what works, what doesn't etc. would accelerate his return.

NFL also has given two week bans to positive masking agent tests, as they are a non wada signatory sport. I'm sure it's unrelated
During my time there (2015-2018), the weekly NFL ops meeting had standing agenda items for updates on positive test results and injury return dates. We only routinely published the outcomes of one of those though.

An injured former player had HGH delivered to his house during rehab. They said it was for his wife and not for him. The NFL said "well, nothing more to see here then."

So yeah I doubt they're all that clean.
HGH use was rampant during my time. The pressure to get back on the field for big names is immense. Very few take the longer recovery route. I worked with several ex-players and those on the fringes of the squad list have virtually no choice. Either do what's required to get healthy or you're cut. There are no guaranteed contracts in the NFL for a reason.

HGH use was rampant during my time. The pressure to get back on the field for big names is immense. Very few take the longer recovery route. I worked with several ex-players and those on the fringes of the squad list have virtually no choice. Either do what's required to get healthy or you're cut. There are no guaranteed contracts in the NFL for a reason.
Especially considering there's very few contracts with injury guarantees, you just need to get out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL finals: Sam Docherty’s bid for Carlton return gathers momentum

Hun

I'd seriously consider Doc if we make it to the last Saturday
Should not risk for other finals
Hasn't effectively played a whole season and we throw him into the GF where he'll have so much adrenaline over the moment he's at risk of doing something stupid after a 3rd ACL, and has not had game time to gel with the squad during a game.

Doc wants to play... he's up and about. He's going to add leadership and inspire. He's a gun. If the article is correct and it's significantly less risky than we thought, I'd play him.

Expecting the club will keep its cards close to its chest - lots of 'Test'
Sjsu Theres A Chance GIF by San Jose State Spartans

Doc wants to play... he's up and about. He's going to add leadership and inspire. He's a gun. If the article is correct and it's significantly less risky than we thought, I'd play him.
I'd play him as Sub for each of the finals we play in. If he pulls up ok after the Prelim he can play the full game for the GF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back