Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

And/or with some of those available we have the luxury to not rush them back in
Yes which is good and it appears we are not doing that. Reckon a year or two ago Weitering may have played a week or two ago. Same with Motlop, Martin and Marchbank. I think we have moved our return dates forward and are giving players extra time. You can probably take our return dates as genuine return dates.

I wrote something years ago that our injury problem had a lot to do with lack of depth and having a poor quality side. The stars get flogged and never rested on game day, no rotations. Players get rushed back from injury. Too much pressure on the better players. Our coach sacking ways also contributed to this as the pressure to win was really high and it often came down to playing injured players to save their careers.

Now that has changed which is really good. The pressure to win games isn't as high because it's just happening which means the pressure to play players and pressure on players is less.

I think we can trust that when players become available to play now that they will be in much better shape than when they became available to play 2 or 3 years ago.

The two W's back for Freo in Gather round.
Fantastic. Some big names coming back into the side in the coming rounds.

In the past when we have had players out like this we have been losing and we have been desperate for this. It feels so much better to bring gun players back into a winning side. Almost soothing.

Must be taking the absolute piss, Marchbank indefinite but expected back next week…rightio

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Vossy said last Thursday in his presser that Caleb had put in a full block of training and was good to go. Many thought that he was suffering the effects of long covid but apparently it weas a severe bout of the flu. Because it was a virus it was listed as indefinite

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of these 'sources' on Walsh :think:

Update on Walsh. Not originally from me. But my source says there’s nothing wrong with him.

Not really. I posted this weeks ago about his stress fractures in his back.

I was then told it’s full of s**t but I’m now starting to doubt my second source. Seem way too coincidental.

Club doesn’t know what is wrong as yet and are doing tests to find cause for his stressed back. Could be anything. Worst case is a hot spot or stress fractures but if it’s true it flared up late last year and he was managing pain it sounds like it could be something he manages throughout the season if it’s an unknown cause.

I have a source that is anonymous to even me that shares information. His/her source is unknown to me but they are ALWAYS right.

Don’t think we will see Walsh for sometime according to that. Matches up very well with a few ITKs and a couple podcasts stating it’s probably 5-6 weeks away. Likely to be missing much longer than he was in 2023 as I stated yesterday.

Zero truth to the latest rumour posted about Walsh.

Both Walsh and Weitering are proven self inflicted. Both understood there bodies. Both hid the truth from the club and pushed too hard. They’re the facts. Every player would push currently in our team due to where we sit. It happens in every club at every level.

Sounds like if he doesn’t improve next week it’s surgery and season over for our third player already before round 1.

Walsh’s people sought outside club opinion on his injury. The second opinion did not suggest surgery as the clubs opinion was suggesting. Another external doc getting involved like Martin last year does not look good for our clubs people. Walsh’s back is now heaps better lucky they didn’t listen.

Maybe we could have a King Arthur Excalibur sword thing where all posters are entitled to try and pull the sword and the most deserved will win the right to use the sword for the purpose of good.
I don’t care who swings the sword, as long as the injury gods are sated with the blood of those who tempt or mock them, and therefore do not take revenge on our players.

I need a ban hammer.
Mods?

banning super mario GIF

So no surgery for Walsh, nor will he be out till round 6, mid year, etc. Will be good to have him back with Weitering

Strong considerations for selection against North, Elijah, Motlop, Marchbank

Nice
Great as missing hollands Martin Motlop who were supposedly our best during pre season from our fwd half makes a big difference little bit like losing Williams on eve last season who had a big pre season and was meant to be a big part of our ball movement ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back