• Completing his running program
  • Availability: TBC
Sam Durdin (calf)
- Availability: 2-3 weeks

Hudson O’Keeffe (hamstring)
  • Returned to full training
  • Availability: 1-2 weeks
Caleb Marchbank (concussion)
  • Continues to be monitored and a further update will be provided as he progresses
  • Availability: TBC

IMG_1073.jpeg
IMG_1074.jpeg

Last edited:
Because the contact looks rather innocuous, yet some are wanting Xerri rubbed out..
Personally, I reckon it would not be unreasonable to assume nothing will happen from an MRO perspective. At the same time, I reckon AFL should be doing something about all this off the ball stuff. I know it's part of 'game play', but is it really necessary?

You want people rubbed out for that? Seriously?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'd like it acknowledged with a hefty fine penalty. What part of 'punctured lung' did you miss?

Personally, I reckon it would not be unreasonable to assume nothing will happen from an MRO perspective. At the same time, I reckon AFL should be doing something about all this off the ball stuff. I know it's part of 'game play', but is it really necessary?

You need to get a subscription for Gaelic football, do you really understand what you’re saying here?

There was nothing in that vision even remotely reportable

It depends on how you view it, I suppose.
I saw it as Xerri attempting to apply pressure on the kick & then attempting to pull up, rather than an off the ball shot.
Anyway, prob not the thread for it so I'll jog on. 👍

I'd like it acknowledged with a hefty fine penalty. What part of 'punctured lung' did you miss?

He barely touched him, I highly doubt that is what caused the punctured lung, if it did there be dozens of players out for that injury every single week

You’ve been brainwashed by head office, completely outcome focused

Not a snowflakes chance in hell you’d be saying this if it was the other way around and Xerri was the one with a punctured lung

So if all news is bad news on the injury front we could have even leaving out any new injury arising during the week (aka the weekly training injury) the following unavailable for selection:
Definites
Jack Sivagni - season
Sam Docherty - season?
Tom de Koning - H&A season
Corey Durdin - continuing injury
Matt Carroll - continuing injury
Possibles
Caleb Marchbank - illness
Jordan Boyd - continuing injury
Sam Durdin - calf
Blake Acres - subbed off with general soreness
Jack Martin - continuing building after injury
Orazio Fantasia - continuing injury
Sam Walsh - back
Zac Williams - continuing injury
Billy Wilson - continuing illness
Mitch McGovern - continuing injury
Hudson O'Keeffe - continuing building after injury
That's 16 unavailable. Add Akuei, Mirkov, Moir and Monahan as being not (yet) ready for seniors and that is 20 of 45 unavailable. We have to select at least one of them as an emergency to make up a full list of emergencies, perhaps alongside uncapped Lemmey and Lord. That is with 1/4 gamer Binns in the 23 along with the recently dropped Kemp and the long-time dropped Young.
I realise several of the possible unavailables may be good to go, but all of a sudden our injury list is back to plague proportions.

Where has it been reported that all those players are unavailable?

That didn't look like much. Don't think that's the one that did the damage
It looks to me he might’ve already had the injury and the bump would have been very painful.

Do we know of any previous body blows, the gutless bastards were dropping their knees into players while tackling them on the ground. I thought there was a rule about unduly rough contact Christian?

Last edited:
You need to get a subscription for Gaelic football, do you really understand what you’re saying here?

There was nothing in that vision even remotely reportable

I'll rephrase the first sentence without the double negative: "Personally, I reckon it would be reasonable to assume nothing will happen from an MRO perspective."
I'd be surprised if Xerri is sanctioned, and if it was the other way around, would annoyed if a Carlton player got sanctioned.
At the same time, is it necessary? And what if that hit actually did cause the damage? (I actually think it's unlikely, as it looks innocuous).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, looks like there was nothing in it from a malice / intent perspective. TDK was either hit flush so that even the most innocuous contact would've caused or significantly contributed to the outcome, or he was already ginger in that area. Either way, kudos to the King for fighting on!

North player could have pulled up well before he “accidentally stepped” on De Konings foot.

There’s quite a few in here that love to talk about the bleeding obvious, like they’re dying to do their best BT or Richo impersonations.
Everyone can see the injury list, why make statements about it

I believe in bad juju, more believable than any other fantasy book that’s been published

So if we scrap this thread, we'll never cop another injury?

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back