• Completing his running program
  • Availability: TBC
Sam Durdin (calf)
- Availability: 2-3 weeks

Hudson O’Keeffe (hamstring)
  • Returned to full training
  • Availability: 1-2 weeks
Caleb Marchbank (concussion)
  • Continues to be monitored and a further update will be provided as he progresses
  • Availability: TBC

IMG_1073.jpeg
IMG_1074.jpeg

Last edited:
anyone else constantly scanning twitter for the latest news/rumours for "sam walsh" or " walsh carlton"?

Is the rumour from a reputable source or an internet nuffie?

Physio was looking at his foot. Was smiling and singing the song with boots off after the game and no sign of hamstring and I thought that Voss indicated that it was a foot?

No ice pack on the hammy is a usual dead give away it’s not a hammy

Not sure you cotton wool a fractured foot. Some of these players are a different breed.
My mate at work (Used to play WAFL 1s but playing for a local club in Melbourne now) did his MCL on the weekend and went in for scans, turned out he'd been playing with a broken ankle for about 2 months and thought it was just bruised or a bit banged up from a few big hits.

Sometimes these injuries can be rather odd for certain individuals
more common than you'd think. I ruptured a lisfrance and broke 8 bones and stood at first slip the rest of the day and walked around for a week after. Eventually got an x-ray because it went black... Surgeon said it resembled soup.

Pain is a weird thing and some people just don't notice certain types of pain. Doesn't necessarily make you tougher either. Some things you simply don't notice.

Apparently it's trainable too. Physio asked me if I grew up ignoring pain as a hobby.... 🤷🏼‍♂️. Just one of those things.

Tdks effort is still one of the gutsiest I've ever heard of. Bit like petracca coming back on the other week. Insane but not unheard of.

more common than you'd think. I ruptured a lisfrance and broke 8 bones and stood at first slip the rest of the day and walked around for a week after. Eventually got an x-ray because it went black... Surgeon said it resembled soup.

Pain is a weird thing and some people just don't notice certain types of pain. Doesn't necessarily make you tougher either. Some things you simply don't notice.

Apparently it's trainable too. Physio asked me if I grew up ignoring pain as a hobby.... 🤷🏼‍♂️. Just one of those things.

Tdks effort is still one of the gutsiest I've ever heard of. Bit like petracca coming back on the other week. Insane but not unheard of.
You aren’t wrong! My friend who I’ve mentioned countless times because he’s in the AFL system in the high performance department has so many anecdotes like this

He’s had blokes who’ve done ACL’s and played another quarter and then come off because they felt a weird sensation when moving laterally (I hope I’ve got that right and haven’t conflated some stories here) they get ran through the test and ruled out because they’ve done their ACL

The human body is fascinating

You aren’t wrong! My friend who I’ve mentioned countless times because he’s in the AFL system in the high performance department has so many anecdotes like this

He’s had blokes who’ve done ACL’s and played another quarter and then come off because they felt a weird sensation when moving laterally (I hope I’ve got that right and haven’t conflated some stories here) they get ran through the test and ruled out because they’ve done their ACL

The human body is fascinating
Like Doc against Brisbane in round 1.?

Dear AFL

As you are probably aware, our club doctors were both downstairs in the rooms treating injured players at the time because you introduced a rule a few years ago prohibiting treatment on the ground if there are injections involved.

Ideally, we would have additional staff to deal with such matters - however, this has not been possible since you reduced the soft cap to clubs during the covid years without reinstating it - unlike your exhorbitant executive salaries.

GAGF,

:carlton: Carlton Football Club:carlton:

Dear AFL

As you are probably aware, our club doctors were both downstairs in the rooms treating injured players at the time because you introduced a rule a few years ago prohibiting treatment on the ground if there are injections involved.

Ideally, we would have additional staff to deal with such matters - however, this has not been possible since you reduced the soft cap to clubs during the covid years without reinstating it - unlike your exhorbitant executive salaries.

GAGF,

:carlton: Carlton Football Club:carlton:

Or ....

Say hello to our SC

picture-7600-1561082208.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to be a bit later each week lately and I wouldn't be surprised if tonight is the latest of the year.

Will be interested if Doc gets a timeline after the recent coverage.

They have to give an update on Tuesday afternoons

Seems to be a bit later each week lately and I wouldn't be surprised if tonight is the latest of the year.

Will be interested if Doc gets a timeline after the recent coverage.

It's always been Tuesday afternoons around 5pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back