List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO... Kennedy is a better kick and a better mark but in the midfeld hewett provides more of what the mid group needs...a bit more speed and a bit more agility.

Thoughts?
Hewitt is easily better midfielder than Kennedy . Itā€™s not even close .. Kennedy played every where because we had injuries and if that happens again who cares we will finish 8th or 12th.. if we donā€™t have injuries and contend Hewitt will play and Kennedy wonā€™t so itā€™s an easy decisionā€¦. I like Kennedy , comes across as a top bloke but this is a football club not who you want to hang out with on the sat having a punt .. tough decisions need to be made

Hewitt is easily better midfielder than Kennedy . Itā€™s not even close .. Kennedy played every where because we had injuries and if that happens again who cares we will finish 8th or 12th.. if we donā€™t have injuries and contend Hewitt will play and Kennedy wonā€™t so itā€™s an easy decisionā€¦. I like Kennedy , comes across as a top bloke but this is a football club not who you want to hang out with on the sat having a punt .. tough decisions need to be made
I find this hilarious, guess what - we do not want Hewett in the midfield next season! It doesnā€™t ****ing work!
Our mid mix is shit, they are not contested beasts & it all falls apart across the ground from there!

Sure Kennedy might have a higher trade value - but we ****ed that up completely by telling him to explore options so early, so that angle is gone.

What we are left with is Hewett who is bog stock avg - no other string to his bow & easily replaceable.
Watch Hew get named continually & see the kids suffer, minimal mid rotations & itā€™s just the same shit all over again.

We should 100% be looking past him, at least Matty can do the job and still contribute in other ways - heā€™s a smart footballer.

OK. If we accept this as the new norm, the please explain WTF Fantasia is still doing on the list. Has contributed in no way and I'd rather keep any one of the 3 that have been told to look elsewere.

Fantasia ticks one box in that he is at least able to lower the eyes and pick out a short option going i50.

Kennedy, IMO, doesn't really add anything to our side. People think he does simply because of his versatility. Fact of the matter is that when you put him forward, he doesn't exactly kick a tonne of goals. Many times where he has kicked none despite starting as a fwd. He has the attributes to do so, but can't figure it out because he plays like a midfielder.

So you are either playing him as a pure inside mid but I'm selecting Cripps, Hewett and perhaps even Lord over him any day of the week.

We simply don't have the need for him.

People are getting their knickers in a knot over these three players but the truth of the matter is that if we are winning a premiership anytime soon then none of them would be in that premiership side. They're not players a premiership team would have in it. They're simply not of that ilk.

Would love us to try and get a couple of good picks inside 15 this draft.

If we're going to trade Kennedy and Owies, I would love for the net result to be a pick inside 15 rather than a couple of rejects from other clubs.

Look at how a player like Josh Weddle (Pick 15, 2022) was influential for Hawthorn in their current resurgence.

A couple of top 15 kids, plus the Camporeale brothers could be a real boost to the energy in the side and lead for more competition in our playing list.

If anything, I'm actually not too fussed about replacing midfielders and forwards like Kennedy and Owies (Young is different as I think we're still a KPD short and need the depth there that a kid couldn't provide). One of the criticisms of our list is that it has been "too set", whether that be for Coaches "favourites" or if its just out of necessity. Kennedy, Hewett, Williams, Martin and Owies contribute to this because they're really all too good to be playing 2s but they're not good enough to demand their preferred position in our side. Williams isn't in our best 2 half backs. Kennedy and Hewett aren't in our best 3 midfielders. Owies and Martin shouldn't really be in our walk-up forward line but they end up being. What that means is we have had a habit of squeezing players into positions they shouldn't be, like playing a slow inside midfielder in a utility role or as a half forward, or trialing Williams as a forward (albeit to success).

I think we could benefit by removing the overload in our midfield rotations and freeing up the playing the list from the "big names" and "best 22" players, allowing us to select 5-8 guys each week based on merit and form rather than name. We have enough "automatic lock" players in the side - Weitering, Newman, Saad, McGovern, Cripps, Walsh, DeKoning, Curnow, McKay, Cerra etc etc. maybe we should be trying to bring in energy and upside to surround them rather than low ceiling, high floor types?

L.Young was on the lookout mid-season (VFL bound) from earlier aired reports
Marchy is badly broken
Cat B time was up for DA

SDK would be 1 x 1st rounder. Also, has some concerns on his knee. If disgruntled = hard to keep.

Dom Akuei comes under the new rookie list rules, we could keep him for another season and possibly another one depending on how many games he played in the 1ā€™s next year if any.

I would hand over pick 11 and steak knives and run for the hills for SDK, not going to happen

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you're looking at this with rose coloured glasses.

What was the excuse for the Adelaide game when we had a relatively low injury list?
Why did we allow Daicos to run through in the last minute to kick the match winner?
Where was our plan B when GWS had come back from 39 points down to go 6 goals up?

Injuries played a part and I'm not denying that but there's more problems with the club and the lack of plan B we often have.

We have a top 4 list IMO. That doesn't mean we are a top 4 team.
Even the best sides have lapses within games that cost them wins, and ultimately seasons. There is only one winner.

There are 4 sides remaining this season. We beat 3 of them.

Our best is good enough, but we are not yet a consistent side - which is the messaging coming from both Voss and the players.

If McG nails that goal against Collingwood and we had a couple of extra players against St Kilda, we finish 4th. It is frustrating that we are dealing with 'what ifs' this season, but that is the reality of this game we love.

We are close to putting it altogether. I hope both the club and the players are not as reactive as the media and many of our supporters.

If we stick with the same players, same game plan, same list management strategies and same strength and conditioning we will go backs if we havenā€™t yet already. Other teams are flying past us so Iā€™m all on board this rumour that weā€™re looking everywhere and the club isnā€™t happy.

Letā€™s shake it up a lot for 2025.

Agree, last year we had no choice but to do as best as we can with what we already had aka we had no cap room

Told by multiple people on this site that would change this off season. Looks like we are opening up more and looking to get involved with trades to get and use picks

I donā€™t see an issue with that, whilst I firmly believe our HPT cost us the most in relation to our performance we now have multiple areas of potential improvement and we need to take advantage of it.

Wasnā€™t the consensus that the midfield was too slow and couldnā€™t transition back quick enough which is why teams can easily slice through us?

If so, and the midfield mix needs to change, it seems reasonable that Kennedy would be the one asked to leave / look at his options.

Way too logical Zlatan, heā€™s expendable and if anyone takes their blue coloured goggles off would understand the decision thatā€™s been made.
Kennedy has said he wants more midfield time, but heā€™s not going to get it then logic suggests he moves on

Itā€™s not difficult

People who are happy to get rid of Owies and Kennedy need to remember they kicked 49 goals between them this season. That's 49 goals we need to find next season.

It doesn't quite work like that though. Another body in their place will kick goals. Maybe not as many, but opportunities will go to others who will kick more than this year. You're looking for skillset, not just the end result.

Where you have a point is that they are both good shots at goal, and we lack that reliability.

We are still going to get a similar amount of inside 50s to service the forward line.

Silvagni will automatically take part of this shortfall, then you have any additional to the side, plus Moir.

Agree. Young is the least of our problems with list management. His form has been good when given an opportunity.

I don't think Voss agrees with you. Everything he has done since mid last year suggests he will only play him if he has to.

He was dropped just before we started winning last year. Only came back as a ruckman for a couple of games when injuries demanded it. Not even emergency for the finals - Durdin was preferred.

This year, played early because Weiters didn't. Then again when Gov was out for 3 games (and no Marchy or Durdin available). Durdin had his annual game against North which he played on one leg, then we picked Young as a forward/ruck against Port, because Harry and TDK were out. Dropped again straight away.

Then in round 23 we were forced to pick him because we had no-one else. That is not the resume of a player who is "the least of our problems". He is a deadset liability otherwise why the hell would we tell him to look elsewhere?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back