List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mention a while back this season that a slight concern of mine is that our 23 seem to have a lot of workmanlike types and guys who've made the team through non traditional means.

They're great stories, but at the end of the day they weren't traditional selections because they are limited and weren't drafted for a reason. Not to say they're not good, but I don't think you can have that many on a list and expect to be top 4, grand final contenders.

Imo we're seeing that now - if it's not Cripps, Curnow or McKay no one else that really stands up and take a game apart. The breadth of threats in our team is quite small.

I’d be going big now this off season.
A mix of youth and experience.
A bit of injection of speed AND players who are confident in their foot skills, our players love to handball and always never want to take the kick on especially at stoppage. And some smalls that can finally crumb and damage teams.

10 changes, with a few more if the price is right for them. Be proactive.

Hawks were able to add Ginnivan, Chol and Watson in the single off season, the first two cost them stuff all.

A list boss who actually addressed a set of needs that has helped the team flourish.

We have close to $2M tied up in two forwards and we get done against Collingwood and Hawthorn who don’t have a forward in the same league as either of our guys.

Out: Delist, Retire, Trade

Marchbank
Martin
Cuningham
Akuei
Owies
Fantasia
M. Carroll
J. Carroll
Young
S.Durdin
Mirkov?
Lemmey?
C.Durdin?

In:

McMahon (DFA)
Keays (FA)
Another FA or DFA
Cheap trade ala Elijah
Picks around 10, 14, 24, 32 plus Campo twins
M.Duffy

Last edited:
Disgraceful list management. How you have weitering, curnow and McKay and ZERO other kpp (de koning ruck)of AFL standard is beyond pathetic. To top it off let’s have the slowest list in the comp and keep ALL our injury riddled players, lol so bad. Other clubs would be laughing at how stupid we are.

Marchbank
Martin
Cuningham
Akuei
Owies
Fantasia
M. Carroll
J. Carroll
Young
S.Durdin
Mirkov?
Lemmey?
C.Durdin?

In:

McMahon (DFA)
Haynes (FA)
Keays (FA)
Cheap trade ala Elijah
M.Duffy
Can’t disagree with any of that but how are we getting pick 14 ?

Disgraceful list management. How you have weitering, curnow and McKay and ZERO other kpp (de koning ruck)of AFL standard is beyond pathetic. To top it off let’s have the slowest list in the comp and keep ALL our injury riddled players, lol so bad. Other clubs would be laughing at how stupid we are.
Tdk wants his million dollar pay day as well....

Going to be interesting to see how we balance all this

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Marchbank
Martin
Cuningham
Akuei
Owies
Fantasia
M. Carroll
J. Carroll
Young
S.Durdin
Mirkov?
Lemmey?
C.Durdin?

In:

McMahon (DFA)
Haynes (FA)
Keays (FA)
Cheap trade ala Elijah
M.Duffy
Keays singed during the year soap

I don't see the point of getting rid of Hewitt
Our half back line is a joke, so I'd be looking to recruit a mid that allows us to move Hewitt back to the hbf.
Boyd should be given a go in an attacking role where his speed and skills can be used.
If Docherty chooses to play on there's the other hbf covered.
Williams could be the alternative there as well.

My list would be atm;
Owies (trade/FA), Marchbank (del), Martin (trade), Pittonet (trade), J. Carroll (trade), Fantasia (del), Cuningham (del.) M. Carroll (del.), S. Durdin (del.), Akuei (del.)

Send the feelers out/trade only if price is right, otherwise stay as depth; Motlop, C. Durdin, Young.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks were able to add Ginnivan, Chol and Watson in the single off season, the first two cost them stuff all.

A list boss who actually addressed a set of needs that has helped the team flourish.

We have close to $2M tied up in two forwards and we get done against Collingwood and Hawthorn who don’t have a forward in the same league as either of our guys.

Key forwards are useless if your midfield is no good

We need an external list review separate to a coaching panel review. Even if it means trading out talent to address the gaps. Our window is only as long as Cripps's form holds and our A graders contracts start to expire in a couple of years.

Weitering still being unsigned bothers me too.

One upside to this down streak is our draft pick is improving. I say that tongue in cheek.

In seriousness, if we do land a top 10 pick - say pick 8 - should we look to trade it for 1, maybe 2, players or take a kid?

Tbh I'm loathe to waste guys like Curnow and Cripps primes so I want to say get aggressive and trade in some needs.

But, do we be conservative and safe and draft a kid? Chances are who we draft now won't impact Cripps and co. Too much in terms of success, it'll be building for post their careers in honesty, as sad as it is.

Sad to ask that question, particularly for Patty.

Dow and Fisher were not quick. They had decent agility and a good first few steps but they were poor runners and laboured around the ground.

The issue was keeping Marchbank, Martin and Cuningham
In 2023, we were a couple of goals off playing in the GF. Martin was a massive contributor during the finals campaign, and Marchy was huge in the loss to the Lions.

Which is why they were offered another year, being in the premiership window. High risk, high reward.

It's easy in hindsight to say we should have ditched them the end of 2023, but they were vital cogs that nearly got us to a GF. The reality right now is that we're out of that window, so they'll be gone.

We were conservative last off season.
Didn’t move on the injury prone guys.
Didn’t add much to the list and lost handy depth/fringe guys.
Other teams around us made moves and we sat back. Most likely salary cap related.

I think we will be more aggressive this time around. Need to start addressing needs and not just think it’s going to happen with this list.

It’s probably the most important off season we will have imo. Get this wrong or think we are better than what we are and get it wrong, with Tasmania coming into it, we could really have many years floundering.

If trades, still have to go the younger guys with upside. Go the draft, or trade our 2025 picks into this draft, then we have to get all picks right.

We have 2 million tied up in 2 forwards and unfortunately when the going gets tough, they have failed us. I hate saying that but it’s true. Give me some players that will die for the jumper please. Anyone who can’t can get out imo no matter what status they have within the 4 walls

This should be either Austin's last season in charge or we clean out those underneath him. Saad and Williams were bad decisions. Cerra was too expensive for what he is. Resigning guys like Durdin and Pitto so early. Failing to clear out injury prone players. I would do a full clean out of list management, head of football and head of fitness. Turn over 50% of assistnant coaches. Basically keep Voss, Cook and everyone else is on the chopping block. If Brad Lloyd stays I will seriously consider my membership
Saad wasn’t a bad decision, can’t agree with that and Williams for no picks, I think we all wanted that.

Pitto and CDurdin early I will agree were strange moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back