Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they lost their minds? Why would Melbourne shop around Viney?

Melbourne are all inside grunt, no outside run (the opposite of *).

I guess they looking to balance the side, get some draft capital for Ed Langdon, some salary cap space for Tomlinson etc

If fit, Viney would be the perfect fit for Carlton. Right age and experience. Decent ball winner, provides inside support for Cripps. An excellent tackler. Won't be cheap, but not outrageously expensive either.

Is RFA next year. So if he is unhappy at Melbourne, now may be a good time to trade him (note Melb could be shizen next year and compo quite decent).

In short: Viney? Yes please!

You know how it works around here Matty..

Saad as Blue = silky running machine that will create scoring opportunities from defence.

Saad as a Don = flashy, unnacountable type with questionable delivery.

😎

Seriously though the guy isn't a great defender and goes missing far too often. Very inconsistent.

From what i've seen this year, he's quite easy to shut down as well. No big loss.

Don't miss him at all.

Some nice dashes out of defence and that's about it.

Not actually very good at defending, and has gone missing in a lot of Essendon games this year. Easily locked down.
In the heat of big games like finals where there's little time and space, again he goes missing...he's one dimensional.

Watching Thursday night and other games through out the year yes he can run and carry but he always runs into trouble which puts forwards out of position re leads, then he just turns it over glad we don’t have him

I guess they looking to balance the side, get some draft capital for Ed Langdon, some salary cap space for Tomlinson etc

If fit, Viney would be the perfect fit for Carlton. Right age and experience. Decent ball winner, provides inside support for Cripps. An excellent tackler. Won't be cheap, but not outrageously expensive either.

Is RFA next year. So if he is unhappy at Melbourne, now may be a good time to trade him (note Melb could be shizen next year and compo quite decent).

Would love Todd Viney would give Crippa a chop out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hell. Yes.

Has been victim to a few injuries last few years and the high % of inside-leaning mids at the Dees. Has leadership qualities, is hard as a cats head and would help Crippa immensely in the contested ball. Still just 25.

Would cost far less than a Wines or Crouch, too.
I'd love to add viney. Gun.

Think he is a better player than Wines and Crouch. Would probably cost more too.

If Dees are the one shopping him though he might come cheaper than if we went to chase him.

He would benefit as having Cripps as the #1 bull.

Cripps and Viney would be unstoppable.

If we can get this done sos has to make it happen

Well summarised, ferris.

For Dees, a situation that sees them bring in Langdon and Tomlinson and losing Viney would help balance their side plenty.

As for cost, I'd say a future first with a very early second coming back would be ballpark.

Trade 1: Viney, Pick 20 for 2020 First Round Pick
Trade 2: Martin for Pick 20
Trade 3: Papley for Pick 8

Then, we can get Cameron, Betts and Butler for late picks.

Be very happy with this.

Well summarised, ferris.

For Dees, a situation that sees them bring in Langdon and Tomlinson and losing Viney would help balance their side plenty.

As for cost, I'd say a future first with a very early second coming back would be ballpark.

Trade 1: Viney, Pick 20 for 2020 First Round Pick
Trade 2: Martin for Pick 20
Trade 3: Papley for Pick 8

Then, we can get Cameron, Betts and Butler for late picks.

Be very happy with this.
Martin for just pick 20?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back