Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heath Scotland let it slip on SEN last week that Rawlings is working for Norf whilst still contracted at West Coast. Not sure why the media haven’t made a big deal out of it.

Caro was making a deal out of it saying how could it not be a distraction from focusing on West Coasts campaign. But nobody else seemed to want to go near it.

Heath Scotland let it slip on SEN last week that Rawlings is working for Norf whilst still contracted at West Coast. Not sure why the media haven’t made a big deal out of it.

WCE put him on gardening leave immediately. Of course he's going to use that time for Norf "unofficially".

The Heraldsun is reporting this morning that North are going all out as a third party to the Daniher to Sydney trade in order to get Papley.
They also say that we are lagging behind North as the potential 3rd party in that trade due to Mason Wood wanting a trade to Sydney?

Papley has to agree to go to North for any of that to work though.

He won’t want to play for North

The Heraldsun is reporting this morning that North are going all out as a third party to the Daniher to Sydney trade in order to get Papley.
They also say that we are lagging behind North as the potential 3rd party in that trade due to Mason Wood wanting a trade to Sydney?
How would that help given it is Essendon that needs the currency for Daniher not Sydney, what does Wood going to Sydney help Sydney get Daniher, and how would Wood (a key forward) benefit Sydney if they're getting Daniher.

I don't want to say the Herald Sun are stupid but...

The Herald Sun also regurgitated an article in the Age a week earlier about vaping and how it had killed 6 people in the US....they left out the bit (pretty important mind you) that those 6 people were vaping hash oil...

The moral of the story is the Hun will write whatever they deem to be as sensational as it can get to get people to read and talk about it and leave out any facts necessary to build the angle they want to build.

I’d be shocked if Papley even had a minute second to think about heading to North
Hash oil purchased from chinese manufactuers over the internet mind you.

I’m might be on my own here, but I hope none of the Crows expats come back. All three are past their best. They all got their wishes and left the club. We are still a couple of years away from potential premiership glory. None of the three will be around to see it.

I’m trying to remember a time when someone has left the Blues and we bought them back.

I’m might be on my own here, but I hope none of the Crows expats come back. All three are past their best. They all got their wishes and left the club. We are still a couple of years away from potential premiership glory. None of the three will be around to see it.

I’m trying to remember a time when someone has left the Blues and we bought them back.
Greg Williams

How would that help given it is Essendon that needs the currency for Daniher not Sydney, what does Wood going to Sydney help Sydney get Daniher, and how would Wood (a key forward) benefit Sydney if they're getting Daniher.

I don't want to say the Herald Sun are stupid but...
Someone has a gut feel and they report it as news. Pretty standard for the footy industry, not just the Sun.

I go by the theory that most footy journos are one of two things:
1. Former footballers whose ability to kick an inflated pig's bladder somehow got them a job writing.
2. Journalists who aren't good enough, smart enough, or qualified enough to get a job reporting about anything else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone has a gut feel and they report it as news. Pretty standard for the footy industry, not just the Sun.

I go by the theory that most footy journos are one of two things:
1. Former footballers whose ability to kick an inflated pig's bladder somehow got them a job writing.
2. Journalists who aren't good enough, smart enough, or qualified enough to get a job reporting about anything else.

I feel this is a bit unfair, although this does seem to be the case for some reporters in the industry, a lot just genuinely love sports. As much as people like to hate him, Sam McClure immediately springs to mind. Although he can jump the gun sometimes with his "breaking news", he seems genuinely passionate about his job.

Parkin, Walls, Jezza (coaching at least).

G
Got to give it to North... they’re tryers.

Zero chance.

Unfortunately, North's involvement just makes it harder for us to get a deal done and probably make us pay more then we would want.

Just get Martin done as priority and if it gets too hard for Papley, let it be.

North's involvement will have nothing to do with Papley's value, as he will nominate where he wants to go

I doubt any player would see North's list as being ahead of ours in the now or coming years

I was at the melbourne game at princess park when Diesel got over 40 pocesssions. Very uncommon in those days. No brownlow votes and lost brownlow by a vote. My mate who barracks for melbourne never sees opposition players and reckons it was the best performance he has ever seen.
I was at that game too. Forgive the sacrilege but I didn’t have Diesel in my best three. Was surprised when I got home and saw the stats.

John Russo, is that you?

:p

Last edited:
Doesn't matter much if Papley nominates us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back