Bluemour Melting Pot XX - Snark Free Zone

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
would depend on whether they could take on his salary though.My guess is we might be in a pretty unique position to do that.
Fair point.
I'm going with Harry Cunningham. Fits the number 7, hasn't been mentioned. Daniher decisions helps push him out.
With a side bet on Lachie Hunter.
Ladbrokes are in for a hiding!

Marlion Pickett and his premiership medal are on their way to say hi.
Bit extreme to want to trade him away. What would that say about our club to the rest of the AFL would?

So you’re suggesting we send Charlie C to prison for a couple of years to bring out the best in him?

Whoever the secret player is, it must be someone either in their teams leadership group, top 3, or solidly contracted. If a deal doesn't get over the line they don't want their team mates to know...

Charlie Curnow is one loose unit. Apparently he injured himself recently “playing basketball”. Pull the other one. I live near him. On three occasions I’ve seen him riding his skateboard down the middle of the road with his dog running after him. What elite AFL player is so reckless? I remind you that we got him at 12 coz no other team went near him after he refused a breath test. He’s very immature. I don’t think he is going to realise his potential. SOS be bold and trade him now. Come at me Charlie Lovers. He’s going to break your heart. Trust me.

Define "loose".

How did Dusty turn out for Richmond?

How did Whitfield turn out for GWS?

They gave up pick 2 for Weller didn’t they?

Yes but they needed a player to show that people actually want to play up there.
They also got pick 41 which eneded up being Ballard so that was a good get.

Looking at your trade in isolation though.
Martin for 22
15 for 39
Or the other way around.

Nobody is that stupid.

Charlie Curnow is one loose unit. Apparently he injured himself recently “playing basketball”. Pull the other one. I live near him. On three occasions I’ve seen him riding his skateboard down the middle of the road with his dog running after him. What elite AFL player is so reckless? I remind you that we got him at 12 coz no other team went near him after he refused a breath test. He’s very immature. I don’t think he is going to realise his potential. SOS be bold and trade him now. Come at me Charlie Lovers. He’s going to break your heart. Trust me.
It’s all good Perc. Charlie will be fine.

EAC610E0-5D94-4801-955B-40C06020CCD3.gif

You gotta chill a bit

E1A86D98-3539-4659-8E2D-CEAC6DD1978F.jpeg

Boys will be boys 🙂

I think the mystery elite mid is Nat Fyfe or Oliver

Fyfe - surely next to zero chance. Loves the club.

Oliver - maybe, but we wouldn't have the currency to land him along with our other targets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There should also be NO compo for teams in the top 4 or top 8.

So far near all FAs go to the top teams, defeating the entire premise of free agency.

Weighted too heavily in favour of teams at the top currently.
One way to fix it...
CFC becomes a top 4 team, then the AFL will change their compensation formula :mad:

Fyfe - surely next to zero chance. Loves the club.

Oliver - maybe, but we wouldn't have the currency to land him along with our other targets.
I don’t think Ross’ departure went down to well. They were extremely close. On a six year deal since 2017, fits the 7 years bad luck clue (also wears number 7) has also had bad luck with his injuries...
Is 29 next year so Freo may want to cash in now. Also our pick 9 and future first will give them currency to trump WC for Kelly. Was not mentioned originally which also fits that clue.

The problem with Gaff is, he doesn't fit the "hasn't been mentioned before" criteria. The 7 years fits nicely. Bloody cryptic clues.
Point in time... "hasn't been mentioned before" criteria

The quality of picks, isn't just determined around the quality of player, other considerations are time left in the game, contract status and pending FA status

So it’s a slightly older player who next year will enter FA status, and has told his club he won’t be staying on next season so they possibly risk losing him as an UFA? Possibly a player who wants to head back to Vic, or someone who we’ve promised a bumper contract to.

So it’s a slightly older player who next year will enter FA status, and has told his club he won’t be staying on next season so they possibly risk losing him as an UFA? Possibly a player who wants to head back to Vic, or someone who we’ve promised a bumper contract to.

Let's just refer to the player as Jack V.

Wait...that's too obvious.

Let's refer to him as J. Viney.

1570316261293.png

The quality of picks, isn't just determined around the quality of player, other considerations are time left in the game, contract status and pending FA status
Jack Viney. #7 Melbourne Demons. Age, : 25yr 5mth. Born, : April 13, 1994. Height, : 178cm. Weight, : 87kg. Position, : Midfield. Contracted Till, : 2020 (RFA).
Hmmmm. Hurriedly rings Ladbrokes to cancel bets on Harry C. and Lachie H.

I would like to borrow this here picture. I am unable to tell you exactly why but I shall bring it back it one piece...
Maybe. But somehow those cupcakes will be bigger, faster and stronger than when they left.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back