Bluemour Melting Pot XX - Snark Free Zone

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I am not really in favour of the Betts acquisition it is important to note:
In Betts last 5 seasons we played in finals 4 of those years
In the 6 seasons since he left we haven't come close to playing finals

Once the trade goes through I might hit the Scotch hard enough to remove those last 6 years from my memory and just look forward to another year of finals with Eddie leading the charge.

Expect Ryder is just exploring alternatives in case St Kilda screw the pooch with all the players they're juggling. If Freo ream them for Hill, it might mean one or two of their other "in the bag" players have to be left by the wayside.

Doesn't necessarily mean we're fully interested in him, but if he's in town it can't hurt to get him down to the club for a chat just in case.

Phillips out, Ryder in would be a good result. Perfect bridging 2nd ruck while TDK puts on some more size, and can also fill a gap in the forward line if one of the tall kids goes down for any length of time.
Buckanara actually suggested in his article about us challenging for the flag in 2021 that we get Ryder in this trade period as assistance for Kreuser.

While I am not really in favour of the Betts acquisition it is important to note:
In Betts last 5 seasons we played in finals 4 of those years
In the 6 seasons since he left we haven't come close to playing finals

Once the trade goes through I might hit the Scotch hard enough to remove those last 6 years from my memory and just look forward to another year of finals with Eddie leading the charge.

It’s also important to note as Blue Abroad did in his Facebook live session that Betts knows the Teague system very well and Teague created the most potent forward line in the AFL when he was the forwards coach at Adelaide. And we now have two of of those forwards in our team. Expect McGovern and Betts to help recreate that offense for us in 2020. With Charlie, Harry and Papley we have some great weapons to do even better than the Crows did under Teague.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hope the part about him being a hard worker still applies as our boys are really putting in the hard yards and extras so if he is willing to do the same he could really become a special player for us, I’m guessing the training standards at GC would be miles off where we are at so he might be in for a bit of a shock when he first arrives, but with a full preseason under Russell he should be cherry ripe for a huge break out year, which will lead to him being named recruit of the year. Oh yeah baby now I’m getting myself all hot and bothered, calm down son. Go Blues
Don't cool those jets buddy this is exactly what I expect to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless Green is Rowell's other best mate, absolutely zero chance.
I would say slim, doubt they want to split Rowell and Anderson pairing. They struggle with player retention.

Would GWS bite the bullet and match with 3, or would they let Green rot up north for two years and take the flight risk in Anderson?

Would GWS bite the bullet and match with 3, or would they let Green rot up north for two years and take the flight risk in Anderson?

If that does happen.

I would of thought

GWS will give pick 3 + next year first for pick 2.

So they get a player they want and match the Green bid afterwards.

If they reject I guess they would just grab noah anderson and gamble.

What are the odds Gold Coast go full arseh*le on draft night and bid on Green at Pick 2, just ahead of GWS who end up trading up to Pick 3?
I think they would not contest and simply pick either Rowell or Anderson depending on who GC didn’t pick at 1....

That seems unlikely
Its an hour at the best of times from Tullamarine to Moorabbin, it seems incredibly likely. Much more likely than Ryder committing to the saints then touring our facilities 2 weeks later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back