Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mentioned that GC final offer was our pick 9 for Martin and pick 15...depending on how early we knew Papley was off, I would have taken that deal...
Yep. The difference between the two picks is about 347 points, or around the equivalent of pick 47. That could have gotten us one player and we'd still have 15. Not only does SOS not get the deal done, but players will doubt him in future and affect us as a destination club. Sometimes you have to lose a trade to win a future bout. Much as i hate to admit it, this is a massive Fail by SOS.

What annoys me the most is not so much that we didn't get the players, but that we put all our eggs in one basket for a player with 3 years remaining on his contract, then no plan B.

Last edited:

Why?

He would have been told what was going on.

Think unlike others his main aim is to get back to Victoria...will peg his flag to another ship next year I reckon...most likely to get him over the line.

There is little doubt that Carlton would have indicated to him they could get the deal done, and haven't. Whether it is our fault or not won't change the result I don't think...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about the positive. Martin for zero outlay and a pick in the top 10.

IF we get Martin for free, i'm still relatively happy with our trade period/off season. Would have saved ourselves a future 2nd & 3rd rounder.

Papley obviously hugely disappointing, but what can you do if they refuse to trade him at all if they don't get Daniher? It's really annoying that our Papley trade was linked to Daniher's.

People acting like this wasn't an unmitigated disaster are having a laugh.

Who is acting? I couldn't care less.

Papley was not worth #9. Martin was not worth a first rounder. End of story really.

We had fair values in mind and we stuck to them. Everyone talks about how SOS doesn't blink. He didn't.

This is about the club, not people getting their temporary high through trade entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back