Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk about an overreaction :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
No its really not club has stated its intentions to go after mature ready made players using early draft picks and was one of the reasons we did the Stocker trade last year .
Has deliberately been stingy on player contracts money wise for a few years now therefore banking a warchest to spend on bigger named players .
Have now missed Coniglio Papley and possibly Martin .
Maybe even Wines
Also suspect this could be the last year we can bank salary cap money so we may have just pissed 1mill+ up against a wall .
This is a massive fail imo .

I tell you what there is no winning. Stop the hating on SOS. He doesnt pay overs for anyone and 99% of the time supporters love that and should love it now. Suns wanted pick 9 and give us Martin and pick 15 back. Cant deal pick 9 because wanted for Papley. In no world is Martin worth that deal especially when we can get him for nothing in the PSD.
SOS offered up pick 9 and something else for Papley which pick 9 is more than adequate for Papley on its own but Swans didnt get Daniher so they just flat out did not want to deal.
As much as i wanted those players i didnt want them at a bloody ridiculous price. All of them can get stuffed and i still have faith in our list as is.
SOS did exactly what he should of done and that is not pay massive overs for any player.
These teams will come knocking for our players one day and watch SOS totally screw them.
Well played SOS

Martin isn't a small forward, and hasn't proven himself as a gun thus far either.

Spare me!
We’ve got millions left over In our cap, we needed to spend the money
Over the next year or two -we’ve got a need for small forwards and 2 very very good players wanted to come to our club. You pay overs! Whatever it is you get the deals done. We don’t need to go to the draft at all in the next 2 years.
Not good enough and if it was anyone else but SOS he’d be out the door already.

There better be a very good explanation and Martin better find his way to us in the pre season draft... or let’s just offer another 2 year extension to Cam Polson and De Luca! Spare me all of you!!!!

Like the rest of us I’m bummed as **** about missing both players. But I really feel for SOS and the list management team.
And not trading for Martin was the right move if what Barrett was saying is true. GC wanted pick 9!!?? With 15 coming back apparently. Hopefully pick him up though.
Probably too late to play for Wines once the Daniher trade broke down.
****ing bombers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the Suns wanted pick 9 and a future second for Jack Martin and pick 15... No ******* way he is worth that.

Y'all need to chill out, he is not worth that. If he comes in the PSD good, if not at least we didn't over pay.
You’re right their demand in Martin where over the top

Martin for free not a bad outcome. Assuming it happens.

But those saying 9 was too much for papley off the mark.

We now going to use 9 on a bloke we hope turns into a papley type, with no guarantees

Sydney probably wouldn't have accepted 9 as a straight swap anyway...sounds like they were refusing to let him go unless they got Daniher. Which they didn't.

Time to invest on some people who can actually negotiate, these guys are sh*t it. They might know who they want but hand over the actual negotiation to professionals!!!! I was so hopeful and presumed that we could manoeuvre our way around it. Somehow the bayside bogans managed to scoop the pool and we get Eddie for a year, a third rate ruck that is WORSE than the bloke he replaced for nose bleed picks. I’m stunned! Angry!

E
With 3rd pick in the PSD, Martin will walk and put a huge price on his head agreed with us.

Demons with #2 will baulk as their salary cap is already pretty full.

And if Suns with #1 really hold him to ransom, and re-Draft him - imagine the message that sends to any young Sun recruit:

“COME TO US AND WE’ll LOCK YOU IN OUR SHITHOLE FOR LIFE!”

I’m gutted like most here about how today played out but we’ll get Martin for nothing and we’ll be laughing in a few weeks.

My only concern is if the AFL step in and give Martin a lucrative “ambassador” role to make him stay. Fair risk of that too the f***ers.
Equal risk that the Suns redrafting Martin creates a headache for the AFL in dealing with the AFLPA.

Not all doom and gloom
Bennell is looking at two melbourne clubs next week.
Carlton is on of them.
Maybe Eddie can keep him under control.
Like he was boss with three Amigos.
Still may get Martin.
SOS has always busted his guts for Blues.
Never know whats around the corner, might work out for the better.
I know the trade team had a red hot go. Thats all you can ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back