Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Mod Notice:-

Continued from here:-

Continued here:

Just like to thank Aphrodite and the other Carlton mods who started the Bluemours NON Discussion Thread and who have kept it free of chat over the past few years.

It helps so much when you just don't have the time to read through this thread, cheers and great job.

Last edited by a moderator:
relax Harks - I changed my mind about you when I saw the photography you posted- you aren't totally devoid of IQ or sensibility -quite the sensitive soul you are.....deep down ....no further down...deeper ...keep digging ...LOL

ok with that said resumption of typing at ten paces!! :p

It may seem to some that the heated debate somehow has to equate to hate for another, but nothing should be further from the truth.

In fact, I've learned more from my 'enemies' in life than I have from my friends. :)

We don't need all these inside ish mid types, just one of would do nicely

Take a pick

Viney, Wines, Graham
Particularly given they have to be able to do something else when we have these new fangled midfield rotation thingys. Graham can mark and kick goals, Wines can HHF, what can Viney do? I'll take the goal kicker at this stage, he provides manic pressure in the forward line too.

Last edited:
Wonder what the vibe would be around here if we came out of trade 'week' with only Narkle and Williams as gains...
*pitchfork emoji*

I'm very chuffed that we got Williams - he has been my favourite GWS player for years. :thumbsu: HA always been a gun HBF - but he knocked my sox off in finals last year as a mid. So I'm thinking we have Marchbank/Stocker/Charlie/Kemp as 'new' players coming in next year plus Williams. gotta be happy with the situation as is - yeah?

We should add Dow and O’Brien too, so plenty of young talent to come in and I think we’ll snare at least one quality player, apart from Zac Williams whom will prove to be equal to Jack Martin’s impact 2020.
Pick 8 will be put to good use, I’m confident Blues trading 2020 will be extremely good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm interesting, Soapy says Crouch, Viney, Merret, Wines...Nope.

Thing with Soap is is that hes optimistic. Dangerously so. You'll never hear anything but saccharine-coated come out of his mouth. I dont think ive ever seen a post from that is even remotely critical of the club.

Hes not a bad bloke or anything and he cops a bit unfairly here. Just take liberal amounts of salt with what he says.

And just so we're clear, yeah hes ever the optimist, but sometimes as a supporter reading these pages you need that. Jeez in the third dark age of Bolton I sure as **** needed it.

Any chance Port prefer Wines out to make room for Couch?

That would be laughably poor list management. If a LM tried that strategy theyd be thrown out the door on their arse and sent packing to centrelink. Words fail me how bad that would be. Port sure would vote their club into voluntary administration and refuse to admit footy even existed at Port Adelaide.

Wonder what the vibe would be around here if we came out of trade 'week' with only Narkle and Williams as gains...
*pitchfork emoji*

I'd be more than content.

One a highly talented footballer who provides exactly what we need, for no draft picks.

And another talented young player to add to the pile.

Not an off-season for the ages, but better than most teams' hauls in any given year.

Ben Brown is a steal waiting to happen. Bloke kicked 180 goals in three years lol. Could we fit him in? Upgrade on Levi surely.

*pitchfork emoji*

Particularly given they have to be able to do something else when we have these new fanged midfield rotation thingys. Graham can mark and kick goals, Wines can HHF, what can Viney do? I'll take the goal kicker at this stage, he provides manic pressure in the forward line too.

I too am very much for versatility and I agree Graham has more strings to his bow.

Given Viney is a free hit, we can then find that balance in other acquisitions. The other thing Viney brings is a missing ingredient, not only does he win clearances, he fights hard when he doesn't and we don't have his level of mongrel

Having said that, if we only had to give up our 2nd for Graham, I would take him over the others

What's going on with you lately? I find myself liking your posts far too regularly!

Don't go soft on me now!!

Being a bit unfair on Soap aren’t we?

the relentless optimism in the face of overwhelming reality and evidence can get tiring but his heart was and is always in the right place.

That's a matter of opinion I guess. I don't see why people are quoting people from other boards who have posted what has already been said anyway.Secondly, I thought you couldn't take a post from another board and copy it onto here without removing the poster's name first. If Soapy wanted to post on the Carlton board he could for himself, if he's decided to snub us then why do others post here on his behalf?

I'm very chuffed that we got Williams - he has been my favourite GWS player for years. :thumbsu: HA always been a gun HBF - but he knocked my sox off in finals last year as a mid. So I'm thinking we have Marchbank/Stocker/Charlie/Kemp as 'new' players coming in next year plus Williams. gotta be happy with the situation as is - yeah?
I guess.. haha.

Seems very strange. Shaw must not like him

I think North have gone very oldschool.

It seems like Archer, King, Shaw and the Rawlings boys are running the show and it seems obvious that Ben is not their type(offield probably more than on). I think Brown has found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people (for him).

It seems they have a set against him. Duck and King have been fed lines on him all year. Pretty disappointing episode imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back