Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Mod Notice:-

Continued from here:-

Continued here:

Just like to thank Aphrodite and the other Carlton mods who started the Bluemours NON Discussion Thread and who have kept it free of chat over the past few years.

It helps so much when you just don't have the time to read through this thread, cheers and great job.

Last edited by a moderator:

So if we knew that the Bendigo pioneers program was not the best then may I ask WHY we drafted him in the first place considering the position we were in back then.

There were others I’m sure we could’ve taken.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Because he’s got more upside than the others “we could’ve taken.”

It‘s a simple scenario - you’ve got 2 players, one has superior talent but in an inferior training program, the other has inferior talent coming from a superior program.

The one you pick will be placed in the best training program.

Not sure why you’d pick the lessor talent.

Worth remembering that Paddy Dow is still only 20.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

It‘s a simple scenario - you’ve got 2 players, one has superior talent but in an inferior training program, the other has inferior talent coming from a superior program.

Hope your right but right now don’t see it.Hope he proves me wrong.

Great points. Dow is still pretty raw. I'll reserve my judgement until he is 23-25.

Teague strikes me as someone who is stubborn. When things on the field go pear shaped never seems to make any moves.
Wanted Betts even though our list manager at the time was against it.
Plays players out of position to teach them a lesson.
Why not play to our strengths.
SPS looks shot and devoid of any confidence and now looks like he does not give a rats.
Fisher should be on a wing permanently with his pace ball use and the ability to create space.
I hope Mcreadie and O’Brien get games to finish off the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should be coach.

So we keep playing the aging players, who are either underperforming, inconsistent, breaking down and when we are ready to take the next step, we have purposely not put game time into our future?

There is absolutely no benefit in playing all of our aging players, which is such a short term view

If any of our kids are a matter of being only slightly behind the output of older players, you play the kid

We are not a top 4 side, hoping to snag a flag

the marketing department might beg to differ mate. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope your right but right now don’t see it.Hope he proves me wrong.

3 weeks ago people were telling me Polson won't get a game this year, is a dud, in fact laughed at me when I mentioned he's piecing it together nicely.

Things can change very very quickly

I am glad that also this panic eddie is creating is setting up so many goals for us.

Basically what we're saying is that eddie will win the junior footy coaches award.

Tries really hard, and runs a lot , but rarely touches the ball.
If you are suggesting that Betts is no good or past it then...Are you serious? Sh$test comment ever. He has kicked 13 goals is one off being our highest goal kicker. If I have misread this then sorry...:

What makes you think that?
Just my opinion amigo. I think he chases and tackles bloody hard and gives his all, and despite being in his 30's still looks dangerous anytime he's near the pill. Love the little master.

So one goal off being our leading goal kicker isn't good enough? Wtf
Not exactly an impressive measuring stick. A bit like last year, his 2 GC bags of six, padded his total. He is at the end of a glorious career which needs to be celebrated. Bit like, Cripps, he seems to be trying to hard to be the heroic leader of the forward line and pull off the extraordinary.

If you are suggesting that Betts is no good or past it then...Are you serious? Sh$test comment ever. He has kicked 13 goals is one off being our highest goal kicker. If I have misread this then sorry...:
Definitely not a bad comment. When you continually drop easy mark, the end is usually near. He does put pressure on but when the fundamentals start to fail, you can't take it.

Eddie is a God imo. But let's not kid ourselves. If it was another player of ours dropping as many as he has lately, it would be lamb's to the slaughter on this board. He could easily come out and kick 4 this Tuesday, but there's no denying that the writing is on the wall no matter how we want to sugar coat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back