Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Mod Notice:-

Continued from here:-

Continued here:

Just like to thank Aphrodite and the other Carlton mods who started the Bluemours NON Discussion Thread and who have kept it free of chat over the past few years.

It helps so much when you just don't have the time to read through this thread, cheers and great job.

Last edited by a moderator:

Is Wines really more the type we need?
I believe so.
Skilled, tough as nails, runs both ways all game, sticks serious tackles, has a football brain, has plenty of mongrel, has balls to take a shot, hits the scoreboard.
A little older than ideal but close enough. May also be a bit of a knob but seems to be liked enough by teammates.
If we get a fair price or better I say we go for it.

Which of the 4 Goals Eddie has kicked in the last 8 games has made people think that he has another year in the tank?
Have you actuality seen his defensive pressure, have you noticed all his pressure acts that he creates have you any idea the half chances ‘he creates that have given us shots at goal’...

Last edited:
I believe so.
Skilled, tough as nails, runs both ways all game, sticks serious tackles, has a football brain, has plenty of mongrel, has balls to take a shot, hits the scoreboard.
A little older than ideal but close enough. May also be a bit of a knob but seems to be liked enough by teammates.
If we get a fair price or better I say we go for it.
Grew up a Blues fan and his great uncle Clinton Wines was a 1945 “bloodbath” premiership player for us ,so the knob bit I disagree with..

Last edited:
Grew up a Blues fan and his grandpa Wines was a premiership player for us I think, so the knob bit I disagree with..

Let me get this right...So because he grew up a Blues fan, that precludes him from being a knob? 🤣

Tell me, seriously, who is Eddie and Simmo keeping out of a place? And don’t say Polson for Simmo He cost us the Bobbie Hill goal. Also, the statistical analysis shows we play better with MCGovern and Murphy than without them. It’s a team sport Until they’re dead, you play Simmo, Eddie, Murph and Mitch until a better option arrives, not is speculative, but arrives, by skill, trade or otherwise.

Instant success is not going to happen, but we’ve been competitive all this year, unlike previous years, that’s a massive bonus to me. I go into every game with hope and that’s what I want from MY team. We’ve got the tools, just some are broken right now.
Simmo is a Carlton champion and is in a way irreplaceable, a f**k’n legend but his time has come we may not like it but time to move on, Love Kruezer he’s past his best imo another Carlton warrior we need to move on, Eddie we need to replace as a small forward but he still does shit no one else can do even at his age, trade period will determine, have to find aanother small forward replacement..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wonder what people's opinions of murph, tractor & simmo might be if we were sitting comfortably in the 8 - or are those 3 the reason we aren't?
Great question.
For me it's time to retire Kruezer, Murphy, Simpson and Eddie. We now can't go into 2021 expecting to play finals with a team consisting of a ruckman who is Mr glass, Murphy who just doesn't like to tackle and doesn't run both ways as required, a guy who gives his all but will be 37 next year and has dropped off this year and a guy who chases hard and applies pressure, but the pressure isn't really resulting in goals and has completely dropped off in one of the most required skills in football (marking the ball), not to mention he will be 34 in 2021.

Funny thing is, you mentioned what people would think if we were entrenched in the finals race with these players. Now on the flip side and we lost half of those close ones that we won (namely: Freo (after the siren win), geelong (we had gone to water and another minute and they do us, even though they missed some absolute sitters (looking at you Gary)), * Jones touches a shot for goal after the siren with his melon). Now would/should we be giving these guys contracts if we were a bottom 3 club and lost those 3 matches?

Simmo is a Carlton champion and is in a way irreplaceable, a f**k’n legend but his time has come we may not like it but time to move on, Love Kruezer he’s past his best imo another Carlton warrior we need to move on, Eddie we need to replace as a small forward but he still does sh*t no one else can do even at his age, trade period will determine, have to find aanother small forward replacement..
May not like it and some hurtful cuts coming up end of year but list reductions down to maybe 40
wonder what people's opinions of murph, tractor & simmo might be if we were sitting comfortably in the 8 - or are those 3 the reason we aren't?
Geez bloody Tractor, anywhere like his best a few years ago his probably at least another two wins.. But that’s just living in wonderland the bloke could have been some kind of top end ruckman if the injuries didn’t stuff him career..

May not like it and some hurtful cuts coming up end of year but list reductions down to maybe 40

Geez bloody Tractor, anywhere like his best a few years ago his probably at least another two wins.. But that’s just living in wonderland the bloke could have been some kind of top end ruckman if the injuries didn’t stuff him career..
Didn’t mean to quote myself firstly, apologies..

I haven't forgotten how Cripps beat Brisbane this time last year- off his own boot - what was it 4 goals a million clearances /tackles and contested ball gets????

All he is doing is trying to perform to that level again- and getting in his own way because he is pretty banged up and has been for a while now. Bloke is a true champion for us. Unconscionable nonsense some of the bagging he is copping on here - and there is no justification for it - Cripps' lousy game is five times more important for us than most of the players on the ground- anyone miss him ragdolling Mumford a few times yesterday? Who else is going to do that at Carlton - eh?

Wines - where do I sign? Just imagine the carnage these two playing together would visit on opposition - and imagine how much more potent the rest of the midfield would be with them both smashing in?

That Mayne incident underlines exactly how on ballers should be running the ball - real hard and flat out and straight through smaller opposition - add Wines to the mix and watch them steam roll the smaler setups - add some toe into it in Walsh or Martin or Cuningham running off one of these steam rollers flat out and BOOM ....

forget the along the boundary crap - straight up the guts hard and fast.

phfaaaawwwww - no brainer.

Great question.
For me it's time to retire Kruezer, Murphy, Simpson and Eddie. We now can't go into 2021 expecting to play finals with a team consisting of a ruckman who is Mr glass, Murphy who just doesn't like to tackle and doesn't run both ways as required, a guy who gives his all but will be 37 next year and has dropped off this year and a guy who chases hard and applies pressure, but the pressure isn't really resulting in goals and has completely dropped off in one of the most required skills in football (marking the ball), not to mention he will be 34 in 2021.

Funny thing is, you mentioned what people would think if we were entrenched in the finals race with these players. Now on the flip side and we lost half of those close ones that we won (namely: Freo (after the siren win), geelong (we had gone to water and another minute and they do us, even though they missed some absolute sitters (looking at you Gary)), * Jones touches a shot for goal after the siren with his melon). Now would/should we be giving these guys contracts if we were a bottom 3 club and lost those 3 matches?
don't answer a great question with a less great one...........

Is it bad if the opinions were almost the opposite? If we were top 4 and they were producing top 5-10 in the BandF I wouldn’t see a need to move them on. I also wouldn’t be moving on all four either but they can’t play forever.

My rational behind moving them on, doesn’t even have to do with our performance next year, I expect and certainly hope to make the 8 but I don’t spect to seriously challenge, that I think comes in 2022, where I don’t expect any of them to be there, so that’s why I think we need to move away from them now.

If we were challenging this year and next year then my position would be the opposite

Just to follow up on the other two Simmo’s been bloody great leaderships been awesome, keeps putting his body on the line, warrior but needs to retire...
Murph has used his class and outside skills when possible, his defensive side hurts us, that is a glaring problem along with others we have...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back