Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Mod Notice:-

Continued from here:-

Continued here:

Just like to thank Aphrodite and the other Carlton mods who started the Bluemours NON Discussion Thread and who have kept it free of chat over the past few years.

It helps so much when you just don't have the time to read through this thread, cheers and great job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok this is not confirmed but I wont break a confidence by sharing it. We have asked the question about Dow from Carlton, its just not working for him there. Apparently and the mail is pretty strong on this, his family feels he is being mismanaged at the blues. He has zero confidence in himself now but they continue to play him particularly in the wrong position which is midfield.

Due to how his brother is thriving at our club, naturally the noise is he would love to join us. Guess we will see where this will go.

This was posted over on the Tigers board. I'm sure he's been approached by other clubs but since when is he anything other than a midfielder? :think:

Last edited by a moderator:
So we develop all these kids who are playing well against Frankston really and consequently we lose a heap of games, OK. So, then the pitchfork brigade come in and burn the stadium down Because we’re not winning. You can’t have it both ways. And, your point about Kruezer is so short sighted. Kruz, up until he hurt his foot, WAS the best option. If healthy, he would STILL be the #1 ruckman. You want to win games and play the kids, the two don’t correlate.

The players we are looking at to develop, the non-injured ones, are NOT good enough. I’ll give Cottrell a pass for now, he is quick and has a bit of .... LOB, well the jury is out, he should be next to run. Stocker would play (injured), SOS would play (injured), Dow has been injured, Marchbank has been injured.
My point is, the kids don’t play if others were available, it’s not time to develop. It’s time to develop a game plan and create a winning culture.

So we keep playing the aging players, who are either underperforming, inconsistent, breaking down and when we are ready to take the next step, we have purposely not put game time into our future?

There is absolutely no benefit in playing all of our aging players, which is such a short term view

If any of our kids are a matter of being only slightly behind the output of older players, you play the kid

We are not a top 4 side, hoping to snag a flag

Look at Brisbane's rebuild compared to ours. We have clearly failed and the difference is we haven't used out top 10 picks for a mature midfielder.

It wasnt through lack of trying.

If everyone else played with Eddie’s intensity we would be undefeated this season. That one quarter a game that everyone goes to sleep and jogs around has cost us top spot on the ladder.

We are so close to being a good side, it is the players heads that are still keeping us in the middle of the pack. As I said before, there are many that could learn from how Eddie attacks the ball and player at pace.
Seems like a fear of success leading to self sabotage.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We won’t be trading Paddy Dow. We knew when we drafted him there were some areas of improvement and things to work on. In part due to the fact he came from the Bendigo Pioneers, whose football program isn’t as mature as say the Dragons or the Falcons. He’ll come good.

We are after a gun outside mid with polish, not another inside mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won’t be trading Paddy Dow. We knew when we drafted him there were some areas of improvement and things to work on. In part due to the fact he came from the Bendigo Pioneers, whose football program isn’t as mature as say the Dragons or the Falcons. He’ll come good.

We are after a gun outside mid with polish, not another inside mid.

Finally some sense.

The other positive with bringing in Witherden is it’d hopefully lead to bringing another OOC Brisbane Lion.

Raynar is out of contract next year, and given his uptick in form would be a massive get. He’s really starting to hit his stride, playing more midfield minutes. Clinical finisher up forward too.

The other positive with bringing in Witherden is it’d hopefully lead to bringing another OOC Brisbane Lion.

Raynar is out of contract next year, and given his uptick in form would be a massive get. He’s really starting to hit his stride, playing more midfield minutes. Clinical finisher up forward too.
I really really really
Like Raynar.
No 16.
Go get him!

Look at Brisbane's rebuild compared to ours. We have clearly failed and the difference is we haven't used out top 10 picks for a mature midfielder.
Nothings failed yet, except your ability to stay the course.

I really hope our players in the Hub are listening or the club have recorded the 1970 GF special today on 774 . It was brilliant , the interviews , the radio call of the game , the passion from the players for the club .
I was in tears at times . It was brilliant!!

LOB, Macreadie and Owies are the only players yet to get a run this year that probably should have, for different reasons.

Still opportunity yet, but even so we've seen Philp, Moore, Honey and Dow come in probably too soon, and it does nothing for their development if they're not up to it.

Conversely we held Kennedy, Fisher and Polson back probably a few more games then we would have in past years, and each have looked more confident than previous versions we've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back