Bluemour Melting Pot XXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Williamson can develop in that role - killer left peg and not afraid to use it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm talking about Saads speed, no one currently in the side has that. He'd be a point of difference down there and rebound quickly from the defensive half. Bringing in him and Williams changes the whole dynamic of the team. Gives us that much needed speed and run and carry we've been missing.

Williamson can develop in that role - killer left peg and not afraid to use it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Williamson would be more effective played on the wing as an offensive weapon.One of the few who can effectively switch play via he corridor. I was thinking Cuningham. We are not getting the best out of him at the moment. Would like to see him running out of our backline and doesnt turn it over.

till a family member dies and we start to understand things a bit better..........
Oldest and best friend died earlier this year at only 27, she was a beautiful soul and so nice, just had a really tortured past. Drugs like heroin should be even more nanny stated, its ****ing too easy to find.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'd pass on Saad. Not worth the money being discussed and looks like he's only leaving for financial reasons.
Seems money hungry and thats not the type we should be bringing in.
Seems like the complete opposite person to that to me, my impressions from hearing him speak. It's his chance to secure long term future and perhaps he want's to taste some success and doesn't see that happening in the current environment? Why not move somewhere else if it means a few extra hundred thousand over an additional guaranteed year on a contract. Not that outrageous

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...ef229ca58b5c1290e98?__twitter_impression=true outrage from Cornes over the price of Williams. Lloyd with the voice of reason...
I had this argument with my usually-sensible richmond supporting brother the other day.

I have no idea why the **** people care about reported salaries to recruits.

1. They are more often than not wrong. It is literally the journos jobs to get clicks so of course they are going to advertise the maximum amount the player can be paid. This week the commentary seems to be $900k - seems to be a big jump from $700k 2 weeks ago. Geez maybe there are $200k worth of incentives or so that are 50/50 at best to get fully paid? Maybe report that? Nah just roll with flat $900k. *Austin works on contract for 6 months, draws it up - just has $900k written on it and that's it*

2. "BuT yOu WoNt Re-SiGn YoUr StArS!!". For starters, all we've heard for 4 years now is how crap our list is, so don't go saying we've got stars now that it suits your agenda of wishing us mediocrity forever. Secondly, I'm pretty sure the full-time list manager and team is fully aware of the contract status of these stars and has planned and budgeted accordingly. Fancy Austin forgetting Cripps is out of contract next year or something.. fmd.

3. "iT wIlL sQuEeZe YoUr CaP!!". How the **** does some bloke who reads Superfooty articles know the ins and outs of a clubs salary cap? Again List Managers are all over this shit. We hear every year how recruit x is going to hamstring club y's cap, yet when has it actually happened? Hawthorn recruited hard, haven't lost anyone due to cap squeeze, Richmond lost like 2 fringe players after recruiting Lynch on $1m (who won them a flag), Sydney seemed to have retain their stars after the Buddy deal. Robbo mentioned McGovern about 5 times in his anti-Williams article the other day saying we overpaid; yeah cool Robbo, remind me again what players we lost and what players we failed to sign due to McGoverns contract?

This goes for every club too, they have teams and managers dedicated to making these things work, yet every year we hear bottom feeders like Cornes and Robbo giving us lectures about player contracts and salary cap squeezes - show us your qualifications in that field please, lads. I'm going to assume you don't know more than actually employed professionals.

Rant over.

I had this argument with my usually-sensible richmond supporting brother the other day.

I have no idea why the fu** people care about reported salaries to recruits.

1. They are more often than not wrong. It is literally the journos jobs to get clicks so of course they are going to advertise the maximum amount the player can be paid. This week the commentary seems to be $900k - seems to be a big jump from $700k 2 weeks ago. Geez maybe there are $200k worth of incentives or so that are 50/50 at best to get fully paid? Maybe report that? Nah just roll with flat $900k. *Austin works on contract for 6 months, draws it up - just has $900k written on it and that's it*

2. "BuT yOu WoNt Re-SiGn YoUr StArS!!". For starters, all we've heard for 4 years now is how crap our list is, so don't go saying we've got stars now that it suits your agenda of wishing us mediocrity forever. Secondly, I'm pretty sure the full-time list manager and team is fully aware of the contract status of these stars and has planned and budgeted accordingly. Fancy Austin forgetting Cripps is out of contract next year or something.. fmd.

3. "iT wIlL sQuEeZe YoUr CaP!!". How the fu** does some bloke who reads Superfooty articles know the ins and outs of a clubs salary cap? Again List Managers are all over this sh*t. We hear every year how recruit x is going to hamstring club y's cap, yet when has it actually happened? Hawthorn recruited hard, haven't lost anyone due to cap squeeze, Richmond lost like 2 fringe players after recruiting Lynch on $1m (who won them a flag), Sydney seemed to have retain their stars after the Buddy deal. Robbo mentioned McGovern about 5 times in his anti-Williams article the other day saying we overpaid; yeah cool Robbo, remind me again what players we lost and what players we failed to sign due to McGoverns contract?

This goes for every club too, they have teams and managers dedicated to making these things work, yet every year we hear bottom feeders like Cornes and Robbo giving us lectures about player contracts and salary cap squeezes - show us your qualifications in that field please, lads. I'm going to assume you don't know more than actually employed professionals.

Rant over.

Post like this and you can be my chunkylover anytime.

3. "iT wIlL sQuEeZe YoUr CaP!!". How the fu** does some bloke who reads Superfooty articles know the ins and outs of a clubs salary cap? Again List Managers are all over this sh*t. We hear every year how recruit x is going to hamstring club y's cap, yet when has it actually happened? Hawthorn recruited hard, haven't lost anyone due to cap squeeze, Richmond lost like 2 fringe players after recruiting Lynch on $1m (who won them a flag), Sydney seemed to have retain their stars after the Buddy deal. Robbo mentioned McGovern about 5 times in his anti-Williams article the other day saying we overpaid; yeah cool Robbo, remind me again what players we lost and what players we failed to sign due to McGoverns contract?

Rant over.
Clickbait is alive and well, and I fell for it! It mentions $1m then 900k and maybe 800k. All guessing. I'm all for the front loaded contract, if we have space now and it stops other clubs from matching then do it and back yourselves to retain the other players once results come.

i'd pass on Saad. Not worth the money being discussed and looks like he's only leaving for financial reasons.
Seems money hungry and thats not the type we should be bringing in.
Ok let's pass on a gun player and just stay ordinary until we get all the right players for a bargain in a nice little neat package.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Rant over.
👏👏👏

Another part of this that annoyed me was Kane calling for player salaries to be made public. There’s no way that is in the public’s interest.

If a journo doesn’t know for sure what the salary is then as far as I’m concerned they should can the analysis and shut up. If you know for certain what a player is being offered then go nuts - scrutinise as much as you want.

But for him to carry on about 900k only for Caro to immediately correct him, it was just ridiculous.

Thats a minute I’ll never get back.

“To think that you could pay a half-back flanker $750,000-800,000 a year – I’ve heard upwards of $900,000 – according to some reports.”

If you haven’t read this article, don’t bother.

“Carlton might be paying Zac Williams an extra $750,000 over the course of his contract. But there is a possibility that they won’t be.”

AFL Media.

Lots of people experiment in early adulthood. Not everyone becomes addicted. Many of the undesirable outcomes of drug use are a result of the drugs being illegal.

Many studies have shown the ratio for drug use vd abuse is roughly the same as the number of people who consume alcohol vs alcoholics.

Money spent on enforcement for many minor drug crimes can then be diverted into education.

There is a reason the cigarette smoking is declining more rapidly than say smoking weed. The decades of anti-smoking ads and education have a major role in that. Everyone knows that cigarettes give you cancer. So the younguns are more likely to steer clear.

Educated kids are better equipped to make better choices.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Worried that any drugs made legal will have clubs experimenting to see if they can be used to gain an advantage.

They won’t be optional for the young players ... they will be on some to get them up for a game and some others to calm them down to aid recovery after the game.

Can’t see that being good for their health either during their playing career, or worse after it finishes and they leave the environment where use is somewhat regulated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back