Bluemour Melting Pot XXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neville Red Arrow-like finishing?

838df4cea9bbd9e6d304b6ed4a10f3a6.jpg
I don't like wrestling but that's pretty impressive

Taranto aside, there is Not one player that we have been linked with on this Bluemour thread we are linked to that I would do that deal (not even Josh Kelly)

We Saw how damaging the Shiel trade has been for Essendon (for example)
And the Treloar deal has been so damaging for the pies, lol. Means nothing to us. Either of them.

I can and have.

Two firsts are reserved for absolute premium talent and for talent that completes your team and right now we're not sure what completes our team.
Handing over two firsts may come about somewhat easier for the fact we don't have to trade for Williams, but is it he right thing for the CFC?

For me: I'd sooner see where we are next year before forking over two firsts to find that maybe we didn't really need that player (If we're talking about Wines or Kelly) as much as we thought we may - See Shiel and Lever.

Next year though and all being well, should be a completely different thing.

Reckon we were saying that last year though, at some point that time has to come and stop rolling over year after year.

Reckon we were saying that last year though, at some point that time has to come and stop rolling over year after year.

Tell me this then -

1. What have we with Kemp?
2. What have we with Stocker?
3. Will Dow and O'Brien develop?
4. Will SPS & Fisher find their best positions?
5. Is McGovern a goer?
6. Will CCurnow return as we want him to?
7. How are we going to best utilise Williams?
8. Will Marchbank continue to have issues?

One could go on, but there are many things we don't yet know about our premium drafted/recruited players?
To pretend to have the answers though.....is only pretending. We have lots to play out yet before we can become truly grounded.

So many loose ends right now. Not the time to pull the trigger.

Exactly.

My criteria is simple:
  • 26 or under as of R1, 2021 -- sees us through our idealistic premiership window with Cripps
  • An already elite ball user (top 10) or contested possession machine for their age (e.g. not comparing them to Dusty but to their peers of their age or younger)
  • Demonstrated ability to hit the scoreboard -- either score involvements or scoring themselves
  • No major structural injury history or persistent soft tissue injuries
I have a list of ten players who fit that bill. Most would be able to identify them.

My problem with Shiel is that he was never fit the criteria. He was never an elite ball user nor was he necessarily a contested ball-winning machine (he's still not top 30 in the AFL and he's in what is supposed to be the second or third last year of his prime (24-28/29)). He also started out with structural (ankle) issues that GWS made him play through. He's also two years older than Cripps meaning that by the time we were smashing the door down in our window he was ready to take a backseat to those in their prime.

My overwhelming feeling when we lost out to the Bombers for him was one of relief - that we'd dodged a bullet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's also what the CFC think, if we'e to believe Liddle.......So far, so good.

We've identified types but now have to identify names, to see whether they fit seamlessly into the types required.
So who are the mids you'd be willing to part with two firsts for, right now. This is the question, because once that is done, it's too hard turning back.......and we still don't have a small to go along with that mix.

My questions is; What if we get it wrong the way Essendon got it wrong with Shiel? What do we do next year with next to no currency to play with, when we should know what we really need? It's not the risk I'd want our club to take right now....although there are many ways to play this out.
Hey, we might make a mistake. So let's just sit on our hands and do nothing.

Maybe we should use a random number generator to for our deaft picks too.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey, we might make a mistake. So let's just sit on our hands and do nothing.
Maybe we should use a random number generator to for our deaft picks too.

We have Williams in hand. We could well use this years first for another piece of the jigsaw and still go to the draft with a later first rounder whilst keeping intact a premium commodity for what will become identifiable next year, whilst keeping our fingers in the pie for next years FA's ...........but we're sitting on our hands?

Come on now.....seriously. :)

Tell me this then -

5. Is McGovern a goer?

One could go on, but there are many things we don't yet know about our premium drafted/recruited players?
To pretend to have the answers though.....is only pretending. We have lots to play out yet before we can become truly grounded.

So you want to see what we have next year by using our picks in the draft again with the prospect of adding even more question marks to our list.

At this stage we've upgraded Simmo for Williams and we are still talking about getting that gun mid, or small forward or mature utility.

I'd suggest we are in a similar position to Brisbane before they started to haul in the kind of good players we need now.

Tell me this then -

5. Is McGovern a goer?

completely agree Harker ... Covid pushed our plans back a year ... better to look and see next year. We have Williams anything else is gravy.

Kelly has faults too and is more costly
All players do but he obviously is a much better player then those others. I think Witherden you could get for a good price but I can’t see how you get a contracted Bailey Perryman, or Houston without also still paying well overs.
When I say weaknesses I’m more alluding to Perryman and Witherden not being good runners which is already a weakness for us. bailey doesn’t find the ball which is also a worry. I would love Houston but why would they let him go without pick 7 being the main part of the deal?

That's also what the CFC think, if we'e to believe Liddle.......So far, so good.

We've identified types but now have to identify names, to see whether they fit seamlessly into the types required.
So who are the mids you'd be willing to part with two firsts for, right now. This is the question, because once that is done, it's too hard turning back.......and we still don't have a small to go along with that mix.

My questions is; What if we get it wrong the way Essendon got it wrong with Shiel? What do we do next year with next to no currency to play with, when we should know what we really need? It's not the risk I'd want our club to take right now....although there are many ways to play this out.

Well, we have currency to play with, don't we. Players. So if we somehow balls it up entirely, we bite the bullet and move a player or two on.

And we'd still have a 2022 first to deal if it came to it.

All players do but he obviously is a much better player then those others. I think Witherden you could get for a good price but I can’t see how you get a contracted Bailey Perryman, or Houston without also still paying well overs.

Not directed at you HUSTR, but I see this a fair bit when discussing cheaper, perhaps better "needs" players.

Yet the likes of Kelly are also contracted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back