Bluemour Melting Pot XXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eddie Betts is a GF player. Is he less of a leader or incapable of doing the same mentor role as a Smith?
Watch the example, does it provide something you want all of your players to emulate or do you only see parts you want them to copy?
When it becomes parts are you then using your "leaders" to say its ok to be conditional?

Sam Edmund reckons * had a 5 year deal in front of him then changed to 4 years...

Coupled with a sh*t season and lack of coaching direction has lead to Saad being disgruntled.
Said he advised * a week or so ago he was planning on leaving.
Sam says he will either be convinced to stay or it will be us with a number of other clubs lining up behind us if he does leave.

Nothing we didn’t already know.

No particular order

Noble, Paton, Hind, Witherden
Paton has had a great year. Hind or Noble can make a real difference in games with that leg speed, I’d like to see Hind given more opportunity at half back as well.
Preuss has asked to be traded, won’t pretend to be an ITK, it was mentioned on SEN
Surely he’ll have the sense to choose a club that he won’t be a backup at this time.

Can we please stop tagging and/or bagging posters who share information, all we will do is chase them off and leave ourselves nothing to discuss until it is made official during trade week.

When someone has information to share they will, begging for more details is cringeworthy, and will probably reveal sources which will cut off any future sharing.

Bagging posters who share information is also pointless. What does it achieve other than massaging your own ego for a fleeting moment? If you don’t like the poster or the information they share, leave it alone for others to discuss rather than cutting off any further sharing.

Seems some in this place will only be satisfied when there are no rumours, only stone cold facts. Kind of defeats the purpose of the thread, maybe the easier option is to keep away from it and wait for the “Welcome to Carlton ...” threads to open.

The rest of us just want to discuss options, dream and hope for improving our chances of the next flag.

Leave us to it, and stop trying to spoil it for everyone, ffs.

Taking on board what you said but at the same time Kelly rejected north 2 years ago hence signing a 2 year contract. If Kelly was to leave, i would imagine he would go to a club in a window. Yes my comments was an assumption but so is everyone elses on the page. You just have to go to the rumours only page to see that where they chop and change rumours daily.

If Kelly was to leave for another club, i hardly doubt they would let Taranto, Kelly and Cameron all leave in the same year as i do believe Cameron will go.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's cool, I have no issue with someone having a contrary opinion, though I will debate it with you til the cows come home. Just something to be mindful of at this time of year - if you post something that reads like "This is/isn't happening!", especially if you're a relatively new/unknown poster, people can and will jump on it.

I agree with you that GWS are hardly likely to let Taranto, Kelly and Cameron go in one year, especially if Corr and Williams are also on the way out the door. But we don't really know how severe the salary cap situation is over there, nor what the coaches think of certain players.

I think they might be hitting a point where losing Cameron is beneficial to them. He looks disinterested, and they've got some decent talls in Himmelberg, Riccardi and Finlayson who they can turn to. One of Kelly or Taranto seems more likely, and which may depend on their commitment to the cause as much as anything else.

Could very well see a mini-reset at the giants. Turf some potentially-jaded older blokes, bring in another Callan Ward type leader, shift the responsibility to the next generation? It's either that, or keep banking on the older blokes, but lose some of the talented up-and-comers who can get much more money elsewhere (and in their home states to boot).

Bagging posters who share information is also pointless. What does it achieve other than massaging your own ego for a fleeting moment? If you don’t like the poster or the information they share, leave it alone for others to discuss rather than cutting off any further sharing.

But Jabba, if they don’t tell us we’re wrong for enjoying a juicy rumour - how will we ever know?

Neither as good as what Murphy has provided. Seems the team and match committee like what Murph gives still, don't see the benefit of getting similar types in at any cost.
Not about 'as good', more about a different perspective. Smith would elevate Walsh's wing play, I reckon. Perfect mentor.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No particular order

Noble, Paton, Hind, Witherden
Interesting because I read somewhere Essendon have shown interest in Ben Paton from St Kilda. Maybe they want to cash in on Saad. We should also contemplate the alternative

Can we please stop tagging and/or bagging posters who share information, all we will do is chase them off and leave ourselves nothing to discuss until it is made official during trade week.

When someone has information to share they will, begging for more details is cringeworthy, and will probably reveal sources which will cut off any future sharing.

Seems some in this place will only be satisfied when there are no rumours, only stone cold facts. Kind of defeats the purpose of the thread, maybe the easier option is to keep away from it and wait for the “Welcome to Carlton ...” threads to open.

The rest of us just want to discuss options, dream and hope for improving our chances of the next flag.

Leave us to it, and stop trying to spoil it for everyone, ffs.

So in summary, you want posters to stop tagging, bagging, egging and begging? :)

“But he’s seen Marc Pittonet become a No.1 ruckman (at Carlton) and others around the league and he senses a real opportunity”.

Who was his moron manager who advised him to go to in the first place Melbourne then?
:rolleyes:
I remember at the time being completely confused about why he thought he'd have a better chance of ruck time at Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back