Bluemour Melting Pot XXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Watson saying that we're looking at De Goey. Info from 'his man'
We can look, just not sure we should touch......and I doubt we would.

Seems to me that Austin may want to stamp himself as a player. That's not necessarily a bad thing, is it?
Hope we don't get De Goey - physically can't go through the middle and is ineffectual when he does - flashes in and kicks a freak goal or two but goes missing for long periods - we already have McGovern for that.

It’s also about mitigating the marriage equality fiasco

What was the fiasco? That the club didn't get involved in it? Even though I was in favour of equality, I think the club did the right thing, there's a portion of their members who wouldn't have been happy about it.

dreaming - if he has interest in property not only is andrew welsh and his family massive in the property game, there is also paul liddle as well also a massive developer. Sure we would have connections but none as big and close to essendon as Welsh Group/Liddle Group

Nobody is interested in property development outside of the income. Its nobodies passion. His interest was post footy money and we have connections.

Chocco was the straw that ultimately tipped the scales.

Hope we don't get De Goey - physically can't go through the middle and is ineffectual when he does - flashes in and kicks a freak goal or two but goes missing for long periods - we already have McGovern for that.
Do we want a bloke that turns up to the first time trial of the season but he can’t do it because he is chucking his guts up from a hangover? That’s what happened at the start of pre season

dreaming - if he has interest in property not only is andrew welsh and his family massive in the property game, there is also paul liddle as well also a massive developer. Sure we would have connections but none as big and close to essendon as Welsh Group/Liddle Group

I agree, post footy the * connections would have been an enticing factor, but he wasn't 28 having won a flag or 2 possibly looking to get lucky one more time then sit back admiring his portfolio

Shiel's priorities would (should) have been on field success with the added bonus of being closer to family and financial stability after footy

I believe he will now miss out on his number one priority

His best is sensational....but we just don't see that often enough.

I don't trust him and even though he can be spectacular, I want 'every week' players for us and not 1 in 4, good game players.
(Of course he'll now be the match-winner this weekend)

He was consistently good in 2018 though. I think he's pretty confused about his role, as he doesn't play as a permanent midfielder in part due to Collingwood's midfield stocks but also isn't a constant forward.

There's obviously a bit going on; injuries, personal stuff which also wouldn't be helping.

He is still only 24 however, with some improvement to come and hybrid mid-forwards can sometimes take a while to come on and be consistent: Petracca, Martin, Gray, Dangerfield, Ablett etc. We'd need to direct him towards where we'd see him playing (mid) and use him to essentially be what we'd hope Cripps'd become (70% mid, 30% forward) and focus on lifting his fitness to increase his numbers on the ball.

Not surprised if we are going after him. We know his class, and what his inclusion could do for the squad. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he was receiving some outside advice to make some wholesale changes to his life, and there seems to be some perception he is attainable, hence Essendon also previously having a crack.

At worst we get an AA caliber HFF, at best we can at AA caliber midfielder with demonstrated finals forms behind him.

Seems to me that Austin may want to stamp himself as a player. That's not necessarily a bad thing, is it?

Tim Watson: “Carlton are winning the offseason by having Zac Williams and Adam Saad commit themselves to the club, so let me just link someone facing criminal charges to Carlton to undo the good work”.

I doubt there is any truth to it other than that.

I've heard we are well and truly considering picking up Saad in the PSD. We will not overpay.

Club keen to stay in the top 10. Future first on the table too. Going all out
We aren't done just yet.

A Gun vic club mid who is still featuring in finals is on our radar and his keen.

Exciting times ahead
0e2a11d0a403cae3853fd0ce549cd696

screen-shot-2015-05-26-at-4-13-48-pm.png

I feel like a dog with a bone, but here I go again "He's already got the jumper"

Do we want a bloke that turns up to the first time trial of the season but he can’t do it because he is chucking his guts up from a hangover? That’s what happened at the start of pre season

24 going on 25 the maturity could start to kick in

He's a top 5 talent in the comp when on song

I'd take him over Treloar who will be 28 next year, can't kick and has stuffed hammies.

Oliver and Merret above both

I agree, post footy the * connections would have been an enticing factor, but he wasn't 28 having won a flag or 2 possibly looking to get lucky one more time then sit back admiring his portfolio

Shiel's priorities would (should) have been on field success with the added bonus of being closer to family and financial stability after footy

I believe he will now miss out on his number one priority

Like I said to you years ago...

Even though you enjoy giving me shit about it, we were very confident he would see out his GWS contract then make the move to us as a FA...

What we didn't count on, is how stupid he would be to want out a year earlier...then choose to go to them of all places...

Had he stayed he would've likely played in a grand final... from there he would've been in a much better spot to sum up his options and his contract value as a FA would've been a bit higher as well...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would take De Goey in a heartbeat. Tough, competitive beast who can play mid or forward. Can change a game with 5 min of brilliance.

Make it happen.

Like I said to you years ago...

Even though you enjoy giving me sh*t about it, we were very confident he would see out his GWS contract then make the move to us as a FA...

What we didn't count on, is how stupid he would be to want out a year earlier...then choose to go to them of all places...

Had he stayed he would've likely played in a grand final... from there he would've been in a much better spot to sum up his options and his contract value as a FA would've been a bit higher as well...

My debate with you was never about what Shiel should've done back then

Tim Watson: “Carlton are winning the offseason by having Zac Williams and Adam Saad commit themselves to the club, so let me just link someone facing criminal charges to Carlton to undo the good work”.

I doubt there is any truth to it other than that.

Only put it forward because there was speculation here last night about who the 'mystery' player may have been.

I'm confident we won't see DeGoey.....nor Oliver....nor Merrett....nor Wines....etc
We may well be and should be exploring and if not for this year then to plant the seeds for the next. Nothing wrong with that.

Carlton09's rumour was specifically about a mid at a VIC club currently in finals.

But yeah Oliver rumours also keep coming up...we're probably really big into both of them although of course only could land 1.

Gary Lyon really strong that we're 'not done' and that we're in the hunt for another big name player.

Wines might think if he doesn't jump across this year, there simply won't be space for him moving forward....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back