Bluemour Melting Pot XXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even after all the failures of this current administration, how literally everything they've done is lead to this club being run into the ground, you still think the current strategy is the way to go?
These are the facts which have all contributed to the terrible culture created within our club:
-The board lacks transparency; their never open with their own members, the MLG has been Mr Invisiable for the past 7 years, he doesn't talk to the media, supporters or players

-The recruiting has been terrible; Steve Silvangi was the wrong appointment from the start, players such as McGovern, Martin and the GWS rejects were disasters that set us back years. I still have faith in a lot of our top end talent from the draft but the poor culture that has spread like a virus from the blokes at the top has effected them.

-Their anti democratic; Throughout his tenure MLG has spent years chipping away at the members rights, further restricting our voices and making it harder to elect outsiders on the board who want to challenge their failed administration

-Princes Park; There's an awful lot of Carlton supporters like my dad out there who are livid at the board for not fighting to get AFL matches back at our spiritual home. Playing at the ground again would help revive the old Carlton culture.

-The attitude; It stinks. Their just overall weak minded people who's attitude of rebuilding, buying time and selling false hope has crippled this club and disappointed its members. One of the reasons Carlton used to be successful was because the standards were high. From the moment new players walked into the club, they knew what it meant to wear the jumper. We were the best in the business because Elliott used to demand the players give "100% plus that little bit more" every week. The good clubs still think like that, yet when I watch the players play, some weeks like North, Gold Coast and Port they genuinely look like they don't give a sh*t. The coach doesn't give a sh*t, Cripps doesn't give a sh*t and frankly this starts from the board not giving a sh*t.

-The coaches; just a disaster. Why would you hire 2 inexperienced coaches like Bolton and Teague who had not coached at AFL level prior to coming to Carlton. Those 2 men have a lot in common and watching their press conferences all you get is excuses and a lack of caring after terrible performances. When the coach acts all calm after a loss, it rubs off on the players. We need to get the best coach at our club, either a Clarkson or Lyon.

I mean mate you literally cannot blame Jack Elliott for the failures of the past 7 years and theres no way you can say you think they've done a better job at running this club than old Jack did.
And for all the people clicking disagree I'd love to see ya actually make an argument against the points I made because theres no logical way you can blame the Elliotts for the issues we face today

Williams will be ok long term for us. Problem is, he was the wrong type of player we needed, especially when we overplayed for Saad. If we had used pick 8 for a genuine midfielder, then a half back in Williams as FA would have been a good buy. 2 half backs was a mistake. What’s worse, for different reasons, both have failed to deliver this year.

I would challenge this take re Saad. He has not missed a game, seemingly played hurt, and while admittedly not in the best 5 every single week has very rarely played a poor game. I will say a little more attention to accountability would be beneficial, but a new coach or at the very least a more defined defensive structure will streamline his role more than it has been this year.
Still think we overspent in giving up our first pick, but I’m very happy to have Saad in navy blue.

He excelled for GWS on ball as well. Had 10 clearances in his first game for the club. Has all the tricks but fitness the stumbling block.

Getting conditioning and injury management right over the off-season is just as important as coaching IMO.

Not saying he cant play there but should he? Id certainly suggest his best position is off halfback. Id argue the same about Jack Martin. he always played his best off half forward. Seems like a simple concept but play players in their best positions.

emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this mean that we've actually leaked that it's Lyon to throw the media off the real story that it's Clarko, lining up with Barrass rumour? That would make it quite funny the media are on the hook 🤔 Also, Johnny 5 said "number 5 is alive!" Clarko's 5th flag at the Blues?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And for all the people clicking disagree I'd love to see ya actually make an argument against the points I made because theres no logical way you can blame the Elliotts for the issues we face today

I don't think anyone disagrees with you in that our current woes are Elliott's fault. We have had ample time to re-set and recover.
I think most probably disagree with your sentiment that the club should be run like the 'Elliot times' again.
Those days are long gone..

Last edited:
I used to see SOS at the carnival all the time.

Me too.

One time he swapped 4 tickets to the clown ping-pong ball game for 6 turns of shoot the ducks at the following year's carnival.

He then swapped those for 8 turns of the strength test machine, where Levi was waiting as the ringer.

He went home owning every soft toy at the carnival plus the big top, which the previous owner had to pay part of the rent on for the next two years...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back