Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

Yet another season, where a so call elite ruckman won't win a flag

Give me a ruck/forward or one that pushes forward, any day of the week

Looking at you TDK

Now, I want another

I don’t 100% disagree with you, but the reason the saints won last week I strongly believe is due to Ryder walking all over English. Grundy has had a fairly ordinary year as well which I think has left the pies reeling as much as Howe going down. I think even early days the games we won this year there is a fair correlation to how well Pittonet played. Again not 100% disagreeing but I think a gun ruck can go a long way to helping a midfield.

These boards will be a lonely place should we end up with JDG.
Couldn’t have a bunch of hypocrites commenting on him could we?
Just an observation.
I’m ambivalent..... either way I don’t really care.
Just want players who can kick the ball through the 2 Big sticks, more times than the opposition.

Take JDG's off field stuff out of the picture for a second. Going purely on what he does week in week out on the field I still don't think hes worth the cost (salary + picks/players). JDG's best footy is without a doubt some of the best in the AFL but it is far and few between. If we are going to bring in someone else this period it has to be a small forward that can put on good pressure and/or a mid who can deliver the ball inside 50 at a high level consistently. JDG doesn't meet any of those and Coll would want a ridiculous amount for him so pass in my opinion.

McGovern also gets the 5th/6th defender..dynamic forward line.
View attachment 982355
Couple of tweaks imo BH.
May need a lockdown defender like a Newman type if Saad is going to be given free reign to attack.
Fisher is best 22 and should be included - not sure who drops out, maybe Betts if his form continues to drop off.
Also think Pitto needs to be in to share ruck with TDK.

In: Newman, Pitto, Fisher,
Out: Marchbank, McG, Betts

Last edited:
Couple of tweaks imo BH.
May need a lockdown defender like a Newman type if Saad is going to be given free reign to attack.
Fisher is best 22 and should be included - not sure who drops out, maybe Betts if his form continues to drop off.

Newman is not a lockdown defender, he is a Docherty type where his role is to distribute off of half back. Saad would take his role.

Degoey strikes me as a selfish individual out to extract what he can from the game
Very soon we will ask our stars to take less than what is on offer to reach a premiership most will oblige due to there character that’s fine when they see us bringing in strong characters like Saad or players with passion and steel like Martin
Williams also seems to have character I don’t see the joy in Degoey the vibe is off for me I feel we are building a special group and I don’t think he fits in
You have to be selective on apples you put in the cart

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple of tweaks imo BH.

Plowman is our lockdown defender. Doc is our distributor and general. Newman is a similar type to Doc.

Marchbank would be our interceptor in the Haynes mould.

I hope that we've learned something from Dodo's recent recruiting flaws, De Goey (much like * recruitment of Stringer)

He looks out of sorts and perhaps a change of clubs is potentially his way of trying to run away from some of the mental demons that he is obviously battling away from footy.

I was at the game tonight and he looked like his effort/pressure was well down, especially when Collingwood really needed a spark or a moment (run down tackle etc. to get the fans up and about). The last thing we need is another player that drops the head when the opposition bang 5 or 6 consecutive goals in a row.

Undoubtedly, when in peak condition he has the potential to destroy an opposition but tonight he looked unfit and disorientated. Given how much we'd have to pay for him (especially with some of our more important players yet to re-sign) It's a solid no from me.
While I’m no De Goey fan and would prefer Carlton to stay away, I don’t think we should be placing anything on any Collingwood players performance tonight, they where all down they where all terrible.

it’s also massively different from being 8 goals down game and season over in a final (especially this year) & being 5 goals down middle of the season. Especially if you are halfway out the door.

I've had to delete more posts regarding people's opinions about JDG's assault allegations. We're not going to allow the thread to degenerate into posts about false allegations from women, or making excuses for people doing silly things when they are young, or deserving second chances, or we exist to win premierships so who cares about transgressions etc.

We have posters on this board who may have been affected by assaults such as the ones alleged, either personally or through family.

We are a football forum, not a law discussion forum. Let's steer clear of this stuff please.

Plowman is our lockdown defender. Doc is our distributor and general. Newman is a similar type to Doc.

Marchbank would be our interceptor in the Haynes mould.

Marchbank should be on the trade table while he still has currency.

Whilst I agree with the bolded above, we already have a number of KP players who can play a similar intercept type role (Welters, Plowman, Jones, potentially McGov?)

We all know his potential and have seen glimpses of his best but he's spent more time in rehab than on the field. Marchy's susceptibility to injury has far outweighed any of his on-field performances, we as a club should be a bit more ruthless in our list management strategies and if we want to lure high quality durable performers we need to make harder decisions on injury-prone KPP. I'd happily take a second rounder for Marchy that we could potentially package up to secure a player with durability such as Saad.

Marchbank should be on the trade table while he still has currency.

Whilst I agree with the bolded above, we already have a number of KP players who can play a similar intercept type role (Welters, Plowman, Jones, potentially McGov?)

We all know his potential and have seen glimpses of his best but he's spent more time in rehab than on the field. Marchy's susceptibility to injury has far outweighed any of his on-field performances, we as a club should be a bit more ruthless in our list management strategies and if we want to lure high quality durable performers we need to make harder decisions on injury-prone KPP. I'd happily take a second rounder for Marchy that we could potentially package up to secure a player with durability such as Saad.

Marchbank doesn't have much currency. He is a very talented player who can't stay on the park. His worth to us in a trade is not great. If we can get his body right, he will be very good as a third tall defender.

Weitering and Jones can certainly take a grab but they are required to mind the opposition's key talls. Plowman is not as good a mark as Marchy and while his judgment is good, Marchbank's positioning for marking is superior. Not sure why we are looking at Gov to be that replacement either. He is not his brother.

Saad and Marchbank are different types of players so Saad's durability in comparison doesn't really factor in.

Where are our back up defenders if any of the talls go down? Macreadie and ...?

I was suggesting around the ground. He can drop in the hole down back, and if rucking against a McIntosh/Dunkley type he can drag them forward and try create a mismatch.

Just a thought to avoid us playing both Pit and TDK.

I see McLoving following his brothers footsteps and playing his best footy down back. Much like what we did with Jones.

A little bit of trivia that will never ever be asked in any trivia - Shaun Micallef was a fill-in once as Humphrey B, back in his improv days.... Micallef‘s improv, not Humphrey’s.
I was once a bodyguard for Humphrey. He can't see down from the costume and they think it's a bad look if he skittles kids on the way up and back from the stage. Kids get manic as well - some kid yelled at me "Your not the boss of me" as I asked him to move out of the way. Was a while ago so it might have been the young Dodoro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back