Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

Western Bulldogs assistant coach Daniel Giansiracusa is the AFL Coaches Association Assistant Coach of the Year !
TOP 3
1. Daniel Giansiracusa
2. Nigel Lappin - Geelong
3. Luke Power - Carlton
Thought this was prestigious... but then I saw this...

Gerard Whateley is the AFL Coaches Association Media award winner!

Think you just missed my edit :p

He's had a couple of 4-goal games, which I hadn't recalled. Certainly has the potential to really swing a game, but can also be a bit of a non-entity - understandable for a young small forward.

I think he's the "type" we'd look at. Someone who applies good pressure and can hit the scoreboard from limited opportunity.

At risk of being a bit presumptuous, you would think he'd like the idea of learning from Eddie Betts. They have some really obvious similarities in their game style, and I'd be incredibly surprised if they didn't already have a bit of a connection.

Cameron was the target of some horrible online racism last year and called it out, and given how vocal Eddie has been in that space you'd assume he would have reached out at the time and probably maintained some ongoing contact.
It’s a hard position particularly for a younger player to be consistent in, for a number of reasons, having the skills and kicking goals is one thing but having a good defensive workrate applying pressure at least keeps you in the game personally also makes you a team player...
The racist abuse he and many others that go through is sad pathetic wonderful effort too call it out, no better person than Ed to have for support and advise with these matters...
On the small chance he and the club were interested maybe Eddie could play a part in possibly enticing him over that would be a great get for the club...
A young talented small forward with a few years already in the system would be a big bonus for our list...

Last edited:
Essendon and Dodoro are really backing themselves into a corner with their requests for Saad and Daniher.
It's obvious that they are not playing for Essendon again and could just go into the draft.
Essendon would get nothing, they only have pick 6 and no second rounder

We could get Saad for Pick 27 and Brisbane Daniher for pick 19

We shouldnt offer anything other than pick 27. Unless we have another second round pick that is.

“Essendon is yet to be told what Brisbane’s contract is for Daniher, despite reports of a five-year deal worth around $600,000 a season.”

Funny how no media report has quoted less than $800-900,000 for Saad to Carlton. It’s so obvious what the media are doing and this just proves it.

The Lions cant seriously be offering him a five year deal?

I'm usually all for doing what's best for the bottom line and be pragmatic in life and in general. It is a an uncommon instance that I wouldn't utilise this school of thought but I believe just turfing out silvagni for a pick would not be good for the fabric of the club and this a net negative overall in the bigger picture. I just feel like a modicum of respect or extra respect should be given to the heritage and let him fizzle out if need be rather than turf out. All just my opinion only though.
It is a tough one, there is no right answer to it. You leave it as is and you invariably end up with commentary around section/non selection. You move him on and then the club cops criticism for being callous. Just a messy situation that prob has a bit to play out.

We shouldnt offer anything other than pick 27. Unless we have another second round pick that is.
I would still try and trade with good faith. If that's we rate him at pick 27 than that's the offer.
We want to be seen as a destination club and a club that others can work with.

But wouldn't give into Dodoro's stupid demands that are be leaked.

I still think we should look at Ben Ronke.

Haven't heard much regarding him.

Carlton: We want Tom Papley.
Sydney: You can't have him, but we'll give you Ben Ronke.

Equivalent to

Essendon: We want Charlie Curnow.
Carlton: You can't have him, but we'll give you Callum Moore.

There would be a number of small/medium forwards we would be looking at, both at AFL level and a step down

Really interested in how the club assesses available players

With the COVID freeing up most recruitment teams, i expect they diverted their attention to mature agers in state leagues. Theres always some gems who slipped through the gaps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless we are getting a gun midfielder we need to keep pick 7 hopefully for Will Phillips or
Tanner Bruhn
I'd be very content if we ended up with Williams
Saad and one of Phillips or Bruhn
And maybe a small forward for a late pick
ie Ronke, Cameron ,Lonie

Unless we are getting a gun midfielder we need to keep pick 7 hopefully for Will Phillips or
Tanner Bruhn
I'd be very content if we ended up with Williams
Saad and one of Phillips or Bruhn
And maybe a small forward for a late pick
ie Ronke, Cameron ,Lonie

Ronke has shown sweet FA after his blinder debut. Pass

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Caldwell will be as good if not better than Jack Steele, I think we had a half hearted stab at Steele, love us to have a go at Caldwell if our other rumoured plays don’t pan out.
Ooh, 18 and Caldwell for 7?

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fox Footy continues to say we're paying Williams $850k - $900k a year...

And I continue to say all footy journos have an IQ of 80...

See how easy it is to inflate figures...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back