Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

Chatting to a elderly gent at the dog park who was convinced merrit had toured Melbourne and wants out of Essendon this year. That wine's was coming to us and that if Essendon don't play ball well take sadd straight to the draft. Gotta love silly season

Last edited:
So while we have a lull in rumours, I've been thinking.

I can't decide if we are in need of a KPD or if guys like Marchbank, Levi, Brackets, Macreadie, Moore etc will get us through a couple of games if injury hits.

What do you guys think?

Perhaps Arrow, Blue_Balls or Harker might have some thoughts?

Please share them.

Thanks.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Still wondering who these players are there looking from the remaining finals sides. With Cameron coming.in, my guess is a second tier Geelong player.

Clark, Menegola and Guthrie are my guesses who could be options.

Flip 7 for 16 and one of them. They have space and can still use a few firsts for Cameron and take 7 to draft.

If gws match and Cameron doesn't want to stay it goes to trade period - nothing to work through during that 72 hour period.

GWS will have 72 hours to match our offer notwithstanding the above.

what happens if they don’t agree on a trade once the trade period finishes ? Is it PSD or re sign with GWS ?

So while we have a lull in rumours, I've been thinking.

I can't decide if we are in need of a KPD or if guys like Marchbank, Levi, Brackets, Macreadie, Moore etc will get us through a couple of games if injury hits.

What do you guys think?

Perhaps Arrow, Blue_Balls or Harker might have some thoughts?

Please share them.

Thanks.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stop that at once!;)

what happens if they don’t agree on a trade once the trade period finishes ? Is it PSD or re sign with GWS ?

Could be wrong, but my understanding is that he'd be contracted to GWS. Like when a player nominates for the PSD - in doing so they effectively agree to join the first club who are willing to meet the contract demands they've set.

Gets messy at that point. Does he play through 2021 and they try to negotiate a trade next year? Or does he walk out on the club in protest and sit out the year (ala Cam McCarthy)?

I reckon Cameron would front up for 2021.

If Essendon refuse to release Daniher for a reasonable price, I reckon he'd take some time away from the game for his "mental health".

I would still try and trade with good faith. If that's we rate him at pick 27 than that's the offer.
We want to be seen as a destination club and a club that others can work with.

But wouldn't give into Dodoro's stupid demands that are be leaked.
That is quite possibly the best summary of our situation as it pertains to the Saad trade on here.

Could be wrong, but my understanding is that he'd be contracted to GWS. Like when a player nominates for the PSD - in doing so they effectively agree to join the first club who are willing to meet the contract demands they've set.

Gets messy at that point. Does he play through 2021 and they try to negotiate a trade next year? Or does he walk out on the club in protest and sit out the year (ala Cam McCarthy)?

If Essendon refuse to release Daniher for a reasonable price, I reckon he'd take some time away from the game for his "mental health".
Correct!

Restricted Free Agents risks that their current clubs can choose to match the offer and hence get re-signed on the terms of the offer. If a trade does not eventuate, they would be contracted to their current club.

Alternatively, they can simply opt not to exercise their right for FA and simply request a trade. If a trade does not eventuate, he goes to either the ND or PSD.

actually, that rings a bell, I think you’re right.

Chatting to a elderly gent at the dog park who was convinced merrit had toured Melbourne and wants out of Essendon this year. That wine's was coming to us and that if Essendon don't play ball well take sadd straight to the draft. Gotta love silly season

Pffft, I chat to an elderly gent about footy all the time...

thylacine60

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you 3 versions prior to c09? I'll take what I can get thank you.

I thought a player is technically contracted to the AFL once OOC after the 31st October, no longer affiliated to a specific club. Therefor he must enter the first available draft to continue playing footy , in this case PSD, if not the 2020 draft otherwise he sits out the following year.
Nit certain someone in the know please correct it if wrong.

I just looked through the rules and the player absolutely has the option to enter the draft if their club matches

Attachments

• IMG_20201020_230131.jpg
    IMG_20201020_230131.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 191
I just looked through the rules and the player absolutely has the option to enter the draft if their club matches

Whats Rule 9???

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a chat with an elderly Norf supporter on thr weekend.

He suggested they be merged. They've lost hope.

You normally get mail, whats the go with the coach?

The Club is simply moving on from the COI situation it was 'burdened' with and the inevitable fallout that came with implying the Silvagnis are all outcomes of nepotism.

As for you defence of Moore....laughworthy that it is...here is my opnion since yoiu admit that what you wrote previously was all your 'opinion'...(fwtw on this topic)

Moore is known spud, he spudded it up worse than Polson did in his debut game against Port a couple of years ago- and that was total spudness - but Moore is at another level - impressive athletic ability for some nuff nuffs to wrap their nuff nuffery around prose though, apparently can be re- engineered into a an onballer acccording to one prosaically gifted pundit on here - Ben Silvagni is an 'unknown' spud - there better?
i reckon it's appropriate to make a distinction between "the club" and it's current executive team; like two streams running in a somewhat simialr direction but never the 2 shall meet. One of those streams is only temporary; thank fork for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back