Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

Oliver has informed Carlton he wants to play for the Blues next season.

Will only be able to proceed if Saad does not go into the PSD due to salary cap constraints.
First TDK news then this - helluva morning! Wonder whether the news will come out publicly (suggest it will given media types read these boards).

May be a simple solution for a complex problem, but if we have to front-end Saad's deal to get him in the PSD... can we not back-end (or adjust Year 1) of a potential Oliver contract? Would need to be agreed, of course, but as somebody recently mentioned - most deals aren't standard $XXXk over X years. Rather, they ebb and flow to help list managers do just this.

**** this is exciting news - even if it doesn't happen. That we can get a top-end player to want to jump ship to us at the peak of his powers.

If the Oliver deal relies on the Saad deal (which looks likely to involve 7), will we have picks left to deal with Melbourne. Assuming they'd be asking for minimum 2 first rounders

Re. Liddle?

All he really has to say is,"We're a very happy, united and cohesive group at the CFC".

That's all he has to say other than that he won't answer any more questions in regards to SOS's statements.
No many words but says a lot and flips the tables completely on SOS.
"We are NOW a very happy and cohesive group at the CFC."

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Surely Saad doesn’t hold up or threaten a trade for Oliver ... if the Oliver trade news is legit, you get the trade for Oliver done, regardless of what it means for Saad.

Imagine if at the end of trade period Carlton had to announce that Oliver was keen to join the Blues but the Saad trade created some problems so we had to let it pass .... we walk away with Saad and no Oliver - I would be filthy AF.

It seems to be that Eddie is carrying on the role Andrew Walker was recruited for a few years ago.
Eddie is such a happy and loveable personality, together with his footy smarts, he's an asset for all players at the club. A quality human being.
He's awesome and I'd love the club to sign him up after he retires to be the next forwards coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So let's see if this is a WIP

Wines to Demons
Oliver to Carlton
Pick 7 and Fantasia to Port
2nd rounder to *

Does Saad become part of the trade? Interesting

Nice work. How about...

Wines to Demons
Oliver and Saad to Carlton
Pick 7 and Fantasia to Port
2* 2nd rounder to GWS
Caldwell and JSOS to *

Can imagine Dodoro holding up trade week with this

So we could go BANG (Williams), BANG (Saad) and BANG (Oliver) in the same trade and FA period? Judd was huge but this would be the best offseason in the last 3 decades? Would almost rival Kernaghan, Bradley and Motley in 1986.

How does Saad going into the PSD affect the salary cap?
I'd imagine it'd be because in order to get him past the clubs that precede us in the PSD we have to set the first few years of his contract higher than others can afford.

Throws a mite of a spanner in the works, because it means we definitely have to deal with Dodoro. Still, it sets us up for all of those people who wanted to trade Weitering for Oliver now get to have both, so there's that.

Last edited:
Sorry Brissy...
He has no f**kin place to interfere or overrule in list decisions or management, have no problem with him suggesting and recommending players to the list manager but he should keep his sh*t the f**k out of it, clearly not what his role is, done a fine job with the growth of the club but should keep outta decisions you have no clue, expertise or what your role club position actually is...
In the event that there's a breakdown in either communication or relationships within the football department the issue then goes up the chain of command.
At a guess:
Step 1) Lloyd
Step 2) Liddell
Both would be within their remit to overrule what they deem to be inappropriate actions.

The Greek Freak - opinion or bluemour re 'players out the door'?

If they're going to ask for one of our big guns like Harry, Charlie, Walsh, Weiters, TDK, Jack etc - its a straight no. Wonder who they'd be happy to take if we - say - put 2 firsts on the table.

I don't know how I feel about the Oliver news. I know he's a very good player and I'll forget about any previous misgivings about him once he dons the Navy Blue polo.
EFA

Think we are paying the price for retaining Murphy who is now surplus to our needs with Williams coming on board. If we could trade McGovern and his inflated contact maybe the PSD safety net is still feasible. Dont want us being forced to deal with an unpleasant and unreasonable Dodoro

I don't know how I feel about the Oliver news. I know he's a very good player but also one of my most disliked in the comp :think:

You will learn to overcome that if we successfully trade with Melbourne to get him. Let other teams hate him, I am sure we will love him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back