Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

Just heard this, Brad Crouch could be in blue now Cats and Port have walked away. Belief that he and partner could live in Ballarat area and commute. (Just over an hour drive) Not a strong source but interesting take.
If true, we could do worse. Hopefully his personality isn't toxic to our group. Teague would know best anywho.
Crouch's best footy is very good, just a question on his body and $$ we're offering.
Saad for 27 + Kennedy/late pick.
Take 7 to the draft if we can't get our "fish",

Just heard this, Brad Crouch could be in blue now Cats and Port have walked away. Belief that he and partner could live in Ballarat area and commute. (Just over an hour drive) Not a strong source but interesting take.

Is.... is this a bluemour? What do we do now I forgot how this works?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If true, we could do worse. Hopefully his personality isn't toxic to our group. Teague would know best anywho.
Crouch's best footy is very good, just a question on his body and $$ we're offering.
Saad for 27 + Kennedy/late pick.
Take 7 to the draft if we can't get our "fish",

Grew up in Ballarat I reckon, so that bit makes sense.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's pretty fair to say Jack won't be playing at Carlton next year.

Why? That would kind of vindicate the club (ie CEO Cain Liddle) that there was a "conflict of interest" having all Silvagni's at the club. Are they a package deal and now that SOS has left, Jack doesn't want to stay? SOS will patch things up again like he did years ago and Jack shouldn't get caught up in the politics.

Caldwell will be as good if not better than Jack Steele, I think we had a half hearted stab at Steele, love us to have a go at Caldwell if our other rumoured plays don’t pan out.
I realise that Caldwell is one of this boards favourites but Steele was amongst the top mids in the comp this season while Caldwell was in & out of his side - he's obviously got room for improvement but this is a big call.

Re SOS.

The truth, as always, will be somewhere in the middle. However, he's not going to endear himself to players by throwing McGovern under the bus like that. Particularly when, physically, he seemed in decent shape this year.

Blegh, I sincerely hope we throw Crouch a bone.. even at the top end of St Kilda's offer he provides value. Let's not forget, Adelaide weren't always a bad side. His 2017 Grand Final stats read as:
29 Disposals
17 Contested Possessions
66% Disposal Efficency
300 Metres gained
7 Clearances
3 Centre Clearances
6 Tackles
1 Goal

Even this year, where he struggled to get on the park he was Above Average in many categories and elite in Stoppage Clearances. If you can get Crouch on less than $800k, get him! He's 26 years old, he has plenty of football left in him and will make our team a clearance machine. We are already a team that generates plenty of inside 50's. You add Crouch and Williams and make our Centre Bounce team Cripps/Williams/Crouch and we should expect to generate at least another 10 per game. Add Curnow back into our Forward 50 and suddenly we're a very threatening team.

Go hard for Crouch Baggers, please!

I love SOS's comments on McGovern. Think most of us agree. Well said and absolutely spot on!

Hang on. So the bloke who spent a shed load of money to bring across a third tall says that it's all the players fault and we just accept that as gospel. I mean, it could be wholly or partly true but you have to at least acknowledge that its a narrative that suits an out of work recruiter looking for a new job.

Yes, give me Brad Crouch pleeeease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back