Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
SOS
  • SOS – “I don't think there's any excuses now. They have their team together in terms of on-field and they have their off-field team all sorted. No excuses"
  • SOS – Agrees Saad is not worth pick 8… “But Carlton and Saad made the mistake of nominating too early… Carlton should have told him to say nothing traded pick 8 for 2 first rounders today and then got Saad to nominate” “they will learn from this”
  • SOS – “I want Carlton to be the Carlton of Old and get their swagger back”
  • DAMO – “I like the crap Carlton of now down the bottom”
  • ME – In my imagination SOS threatened his life with a stare
  • DAMO – Because he quickly back peddled

HELL YES!!! Welcome back into the family, SOS!!!

I'm confused. Why does it make a difference when Saad nominates us? Why do we HAVE to give up pick 8 just because we have it?

We dont HAVE to do anything. If we WANT to then that's our choice at least.

Trade Radio Wednesday Update

SOS was great and his Carlton showed through... :thumbsupv1:

MAHONEY
  • No one asked about Oliver :sadv1:
  • MAHONEY – “Have some things in the background, which would get them higher picks” (hopefully Oliver)
  • MAHONEYBen Brown not going to be a first rounder (So Wrong- Feel sorry for North)
DILDORO

Could feel the smugness in Dildoro's voice...
Felt like reaching through the radio and punching him in his dickface…🥊
  • DILDORO – “Orazio is a first rounder or stay’s”
  • DILDORO – “Saad deal is close and should be done early... It will be for Pick 8, Future First or player” … Guess we are going to have to get used to losing pick 8
  • ME – If we trade 2021 first, we have lost the plot suppose to be a super draft
  • DILDORO – “We have stated what we want Carlton have stated where they want to be it will be somewhere in the middle… Expects to be Pick 8”
RENDELL
  • RENDELL – Did Carlton’s list analysis, bumbled his way through it, struggled to put a sentence together… But it was all positive and thinks “we now have a Premiership list if we can get an elite small forward”
  • ME – Rendell seems to be a positive force for all clubs and an unbiased view
  • RENDELL – Stood up to Dildoro about “pick 8 still being worth pick 8 after NGA bids… Because clubs knew these kids were never available years ago”
SOS
  • SOS – “I don't think there's any excuses now. They have their team together in terms of on-field and they have their off-field team all sorted. No excuses"
  • SOS – Agrees Saad is not worth pick 8… “But Carlton and Saad made the mistake of nominating too early… Carlton should have told him to say nothing traded pick 8 for 2 first rounders today and then got Saad to nominate” “they will learn from this”
  • SOS – “I want Carlton to be the Carlton of Old and get their swagger back”
  • DAMO – “I like the crap Carlton of now down the bottom”
  • ME – In my imagination SOS threatened his life with a stare
  • DAMO – Because he quickly back peddled
Agreed with a lot of what Rendell and SOS said today... Sorry all but I feel Austin was out played and Pick 8 is going to Dildoro for Saad :sadv1:

Most times, things are easier with hindsight.

I'm confused. Why does it make a difference when Saad nominates us? Why do we HAVE to give up pick 8 just because we have it?

We dont HAVE to do anything. If we WANT to then that's our choice at least.
Means other teams know we "have to" split our first so we don't get fleeced by dodo.

Gives us a weaker trading position for the trade with Brisbane or Geelong etc.

Instead of us doing them a favour by letting them move up the draft order. We are needing the trade more than them.

Just gotta laugh at Dodoro's trade/negotiation tactics...
He knows full well Saad isn't worth a pick 8, so in his head, he just has to start with being extremely unrealistic then work down until he achieves overs (Pick 8) from there. A "Oh fine, we'll accept Pick 8" approach, and he ends up looking like a genius.

If we fall for that, I'll lose it.

Based on that do we still want JS from collywobbles?

Depends on what we dont know about him.

So far it's just the gambling thing but I can't see that being a deal breaker... There must be something else going on

Means other teams know we "have to" split our first so we don't get fleeced by dodo.

Gives us a weaker trading position for the trade with Brisbane or Geelong etc.

Instead of us doing them a favour by letting them move up the draft order. We are needing the trade more than them.
Pretty sure that is only a some of BF perspective. The reality is a lot simpler. Our club wont be interested in all the hoohah. Its our terms or psd and always was I would bet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For entertainment purposes, go visit the Crows board. They’ve lost it. Deserving after the way they tried to have bravado once again on a deal.
Maybe they can coax Gibbs out of retirement as a stop gap for losing Crouch for a bag of dicks.
Or not trade said bag of dicks and eat them.

Depends on what we dont know about him.

So far it's just the gambling thing but I can't see that being a deal breaker... There must be something else going on

100% agree. There’s more to it. I don’t pretend to have the intel on him.

Putting the gambling stuff aside, there seems to be murmurings about attitude and effort.
And then there’s the big question, why do Collingwood want to trade him when he’s young and should have so much upside?

I just don’t want another passenger playing for our team! We’ve had enough of them for too many years!

It’s irrelevant. They are players you don’t have access to unless the clubs tied to them allow it. Doesn’t matter where they rate in the talent pool or where said pick lands in the draft, you treat them as players outside the scope of your pick unless other clubs elect not to match.

And in this scenario you’ve presented, if you trade up to #1 it’s almost certain that the outcome would be the same anyway - if the players were good enough the 15 clubs tied to them would match your bid.

Evidently my example wasn't clear enough. Attaching names may help.

2019 draft. Imagine everyone from Anderson at Pick 2 through to Georgiades at Pick 18 had been linked to a club via an academy.

The club with Pick 2 now gets Sam De Koning.

The club with Pick 3 now gets Sam Philp.

Just because there were a bunch of Academy kids before them, that doesn't make them better players. They're still the 19th and 20th best players in the draft, despite being the 2nd and 3rd best non-academy players.

In that scenario Pick 2 or 3 isn't getting you the same quality player as it would any other year. De Koning and Philp aren't suddenly Lukosius and Rankine from the year before. But trading from 2 or 3 to Pick 1 is taking you from De Koning and Philp, past aaaaaallllll those other players, to Rowell.

And when considering the value of those picks, clubs are absolutely aware of the strength/depth of the draft, and how the number and quality of academy picks impacts the type of player they may see available at any given pick.

Again - extreme example to illustrate the point. Which is that academy players are part of the draft pool, regardless of whether they're available to you or not. They're not magical extra players that didn't otherwise exist.

Can you show me where I have shown or said I am anti-SOS?
Sigh ... it seems I wasn't clear enough for you.

Your post was "SOS: we we we", suggesting (I thought) that you feel that SOS uses language that suggests he still feels an affinity towards the club. My post was pointing out that it was natural for him to be using "we" in the context within which he was speaking, therefore it shouldn't be taken to suggest that there mecessarily remains such an affinity.

That being the case, my argument could be seen by "anti-SOS-ers" (ie. not you) as undermining the point it seemed that you were trying to make. So I prefaced my comment with "not wanting to give them oxygen".

I understand that we would get him for free, but I do not see a purpose for Paddy McCartin.

Even if we move McGovern to be a permanent defender, we would still be left with Charlie, Harry, Levi, JSOS and McCartin up forward. Not to mention also TDK if Pittonet is playing ruck.

Regardless if he'll be used as a depth player to replace Moore, we have way to many key forwards and should focus on another mid or small forward.

8 for Saad + future 2nd is a better deal than if we were to split 8 this year.
Their future 2nd will be between pick 19-22 in a far stronger draft where picks are more valuable.
Unless you could use the other late first to get another trade done this year.

Just gotta laugh at Dodoro's trade/negotiation tactics...
He knows full well Saad isn't worth a pick 8, so in his head, he just has to start with being extremely unrealistic then work down until he achieves overs (Pick 8) from there. A "Oh fine, we'll accept Pick 8" approach, and he ends up looking like a genius.

If we fall for that, I'll lose it.
And So Far Austin has zero poker face

Surely Carlton put a confidentiality clause in SOS’s employment agreement. How is it that he can publicly spill the beans about all of our private deals? For example, it is not public info that Wines’ management called us. That has to be confidential. Carlton, Port and Wines (pardon pun) wouldn’t have wanted that made public.

This is a take from the afl site which if true is more makey uppy crap from DoDo.

“Saad finished top-three in the Bombers' club champion award and Dodoro highlighted that the hard-running defender was the leading metres-gained player in the League.”

In what world is Saad the leading metres gained player in the league, he isn’t even in the top 10 in fact he is 13th this year 12th if you go off ave per game, but if you go off ave per game then he’s not even Essenscums leading ave metres per game Merrett is with Saad in second.

Just more of the “World according to DoDo“ the man is delusional in the extreme. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back