Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
The AFL have all but admitted that the NGA model isn't right.......like FMD.......only worked it out now?

Dogs will be the last club who will benefit in a big way for their incompetence and lack of vision.

Dogs (JUH), Pies (Quaynor) and Roos (Thomas) in particular benefited in recent years with first round picks.

And he was whacked for it.

Not defending him at all but perspective is required.

He's not the first 20/21 year old kid to make a mistake and he will not be the last.

I ignored them because there didn't seem to be any basis for them other than a vibe. If there's something more concrete, happy to debate it.

Proven ITK posters on the various Pies forums have said that there are other "lesser" indiscretions.

However, I can't recall the last 20/21 year-old to gamble on his own team. Happy for you to show me differently.

What motivation does Collingwood have to trade one of their premier young talents?

He's not on a big dollar contract. Therefore, the answer isn't their salary cap squeeze.

Also, what support base does Jaidyn have at Carlton that would position him better than at Collingwood?

Happy to be convinced that Jaidyn is a positive signing for us if we make the call. It's just got to be more than talent.

Hodge was a FA and retired then unretired and went to Brisbane there by subverting FA rules that would have seen Brisbane lose there compensation for Rockliff which was pick 19. 👍

Aha, it was about Brissy not losing that compo pick...

cheers.

There's some validity to it.

Take an extreme example.

Say Carlton has Pick 3. 15 of the consensus first round draftees are tied to clubs via academy and father/son. The club with Pick 2 bids on all of them. All the bids get matched.

Carlton is still getting the 3rd best non-academy player. But that player is the 18th best player in the draft. And trading from 3 to 1, while only moving up two spots in the table, secures a player rated 17 spots higher overall.

Academy players are absolutely a consideration.
It’s irrelevant. They are players you don’t have access to unless the clubs tied to them allow it. Doesn’t matter where they rate in the talent pool or where said pick lands in the draft, you treat them as players outside the scope of your pick unless other clubs elect not to match.

And in this scenario you’ve presented, if you trade up to #1 it’s almost certain that the outcome would be the same anyway - if the players were good enough the 15 clubs tied to them would match your bid.

Trade Radio Wednesday Update

SOS was great and his Carlton showed through... :thumbsupv1:

MAHONEY
  • No one asked about Oliver :sadv1:
  • MAHONEY – “Have some things in the background, which would get them higher picks” (hopefully Oliver)
  • MAHONEYBen Brown not going to be a first rounder (So Wrong- Feel sorry for North)
DILDORO

Could feel the smugness in Dildoro's voice...
Felt like reaching through the radio and punching him in his dickface…🥊
  • DILDORO – “Orazio is a first rounder or stay’s”
  • DILDORO – “Saad deal is close and should be done early... It will be for Pick 8, Future First or player” … Guess we are going to have to get used to losing pick 8
  • ME – If we trade 2021 first, we have lost the plot suppose to be a super draft
  • DILDORO – “We have stated what we want Carlton have stated where they want to be it will be somewhere in the middle… Expects to be Pick 8”
RENDELL
  • RENDELL – Did Carlton’s list analysis, bumbled his way through it, struggled to put a sentence together… But it was all positive and thinks “we now have a Premiership list if we can get an elite small forward”
  • ME – Rendell seems to be a positive force for all clubs and an unbiased view
  • RENDELL – Stood up to Dildoro about “pick 8 still being worth pick 8 after NGA bids… Because clubs knew these kids were never available years ago”
SOS
  • SOS – “I don't think there's any excuses now. They have their team together in terms of on-field and they have their off-field team all sorted. No excuses"
  • SOS – Agrees Saad is not worth pick 8… “But Carlton and Saad made the mistake of nominating too early… Carlton should have told him to say nothing traded pick 8 for 2 first rounders today and then got Saad to nominate” “they will learn from this”
  • SOS – “I want Carlton to be the Carlton of Old and get their swagger back”
  • DAMO – “I like the crap Carlton of now down the bottom”
  • ME – In my imagination SOS threatened his life with a stare
  • DAMO – Because he quickly back peddled
Agreed with a lot of what Rendell and SOS said today... Sorry all but I feel Austin was out played and Pick 8 is going to Dildoro for Saad :sadv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade Radio Wednesday Update

SOS was great and his Carlton showed through... :thumbsupv1:

MAHONEY
  • No one asked about Oliver :sadv1:
  • MAHONEY – “Have some things in the background, which would get them higher picks” (hopefully Oliver)
  • MAHONEYBen Brown not going to be a first rounder (So Wrong- Feel sorry for North)
DILDORO

Could feel the smugness in Dildoro's voice...
Felt like reaching through the radio and punching him in his dickface…🥊
  • DILDORO – “Orazio is a first rounder or stay’s”
  • DILDORO – “Saad deal is close and should be done early... It will be for Pick 8, Future First or player” … Guess we are going to have to get used to losing pick 8
  • ME – If we trade 2021 first, we have lost the plot suppose to be a super draft
  • DILDORO – “We have stated what we want Carlton have stated where they want to be it will be somewhere in the middle… Expects to be Pick 8”
RENDELL
  • RENDELL – Did Carlton’s list analysis, bumbled his way through it, struggled to put a sentence together… But it was all positive and thinks “we now have a Premiership list if we can get an elite small forward”
  • ME – Rendell seems to be a positive force for all clubs and an unbiased view
  • RENDELL – Stood up to Dildoro about “pick 8 still being worth pick 8 after NGA bids… Because clubs knew these kids were never available years ago”
SOS
  • SOS – “I don't think there's any excuses now. They have their team together in terms of on-field and they have their off-field team all sorted. No excuses"
  • SOS – Agrees Saad is not worth pick 8… “But Carlton and Saad made the mistake of nominating too early… Carlton should have told him to say nothing traded pick 8 for 2 first rounders today and then got Saad to nominate” “they will learn from this”
  • SOS – “I want Carlton to be the Carlton of Old and get their swagger back”
  • DAMO – “I like the crap Carlton of now down the bottom”
  • ME – In my imagination SOS threatened his life with a stare
  • DAMO – Because he quickly back peddled
Agreed with a lot of what Rendell and SOS said today... Sorry all but I feel Austin was out played and Pick 8 is going to Dildoro for Saad :sadv1:
8 for Saad + future 2nd is a better deal than if we were to split 8 this year.
Their future 2nd will be between pick 19-22 in a far stronger draft where picks are more valuable.

Jesse Hogan just went for #54.

And Saad is worth 8.
Hogan comes with a loooot of baggage Could detail then further

Luke Hodge:

Hawthorn 2002-2017
Brisbane 2018-2019

Did not sit out.

Wasn't he referring to Shane Mumford?

Wasn't he referring to Shane Mumford?
Possibly. If so, apologies.

I took your reply to mean Saad would need to sit out if he retired then got picked up in SSP. Was pointing out that that was not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back