Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Proven ITK posters on the various Pies forums have said that there are other "lesser" indiscretions.

"Lesser indiscretions" is probably a bit too broad for me to care.

What are we talking here? Jaywalking?

However, I can't recall the last 20/21 year-old to gamble on his own team. Happy for you to show me differently.

Very few have done it. Again, I'm not downplaying the severity of the incident.

He did it. He shouldn't have done it and he was punished heavily and appropriately for it.

Stephenson moved on. Collingwood moved on. The AFL moved on. I reckon it's about time fans moved on too.

What motivation does Collingwood have to trade one of their premier young talents?

He's not on a big dollar contract. Therefore, the answer isn't their salary cap squeeze.

Not sure, but given what we know I'm not sure why you're willing to anoint Collingwood as some sort of list management doyens.

They're a mess at the moment.

Surely Carlton put a confidentiality clause in SOS’s employment agreement. How is it that he can publicly spill the beans about all of our private deals? For example, it is not public info that Wines’ management called us. That has to be confidential. Carlton, Port and Wines (pardon pun) wouldn’t have wanted that made public.
Obviously not

Surely Carlton put a confidentiality clause in SOS’s employment agreement. How is it that he can publicly spill the beans about all of our private deals? For example, it is not public info that Wines’ management called us. That has to be confidential. Carlton, Port and Wines (pardon pun) wouldn’t have wanted that made public.

We've known that since last year.

There would be confidentiality agreements in place when it comes to salaries etc. which SOS has not breached.

"Lesser indiscretions" is probably a bit too broad for me to care.

What are we talking here? Jaywalking?

Very few have done it. Again, I'm not downplaying the severity of the incident.

He did it. He shouldn't have done it and he was punished heavily and appropriately for it.

Stephenson moved on. Collingwood moved on. The AFL moved on. I reckon it's about time fans moved on too.

Not sure, but given what we know I'm not sure why you're willing to anoint Collingwood as some sort of list management doyens.

They're a mess at the moment.
I hope I am wrong but, form downturn, minor indiscretions - late to training/unmotivated, not able to take hub life, Heart arrithmia, and low dollars but Club still keen to offload him, one might suspect this current club is bracing for something negative - like possibly an Ice habit? Sure hope not.

And So Far Austin has zero poker face
That might be a bit unfair. I suspect he’s doing some good work; someone I know who’s met him has told me that he’s meticulous. I think someone else in our burgeoning LM team may be doing the strategising and lead negotiating.

Proven ITK posters on the various Pies forums have said that there are other "lesser" indiscretions.

However, I can't recall the last 20/21 year-old to gamble on his own team. Happy for you to show me differently.

What motivation does Collingwood have to trade one of their premier young talents?

He's not on a big dollar contract. Therefore, the answer isn't their salary cap squeeze.

Also, what support base does Jaidyn have at Carlton that would position him better than at Collingwood?

Happy to be convinced that Jaidyn is a positive signing for us if we make the call. It's just got to be more than talent.
He's actually on more money than you think, you'd actually be surprised what he's on.

Trade Radio Wednesday Update

SOS was great and his Carlton showed through... :thumbsupv1:

MAHONEY
  • No one asked about Oliver :sadv1:
  • MAHONEY – “Have some things in the background, which would get them higher picks” (hopefully Oliver)
  • MAHONEYBen Brown not going to be a first rounder (So Wrong- Feel sorry for North)
DILDORO

Could feel the smugness in Dildoro's voice...
Felt like reaching through the radio and punching him in his dickface…🥊
  • DILDORO – “Orazio is a first rounder or stay’s”
  • DILDORO – “Saad deal is close and should be done early... It will be for Pick 8, Future First or player” … Guess we are going to have to get used to losing pick 8
  • ME – If we trade 2021 first, we have lost the plot suppose to be a super draft
  • DILDORO – “We have stated what we want Carlton have stated where they want to be it will be somewhere in the middle… Expects to be Pick 8”
RENDELL
  • RENDELL – Did Carlton’s list analysis, bumbled his way through it, struggled to put a sentence together… But it was all positive and thinks “we now have a Premiership list if we can get an elite small forward”
  • ME – Rendell seems to be a positive force for all clubs and an unbiased view
  • RENDELL – Stood up to Dildoro about “pick 8 still being worth pick 8 after NGA bids… Because clubs knew these kids were never available years ago”
SOS
  • SOS – “I don't think there's any excuses now. They have their team together in terms of on-field and they have their off-field team all sorted. No excuses"
  • SOS – Agrees Saad is not worth pick 8… “But Carlton and Saad made the mistake of nominating too early… Carlton should have told him to say nothing traded pick 8 for 2 first rounders today and then got Saad to nominate” “they will learn from this”
  • SOS – “I want Carlton to be the Carlton of Old and get their swagger back”
  • DAMO – “I like the crap Carlton of now down the bottom”
  • ME – In my imagination SOS threatened his life with a stare
  • DAMO – Because he quickly back peddled
Agreed with a lot of what Rendell and SOS said today... Sorry all but I feel Austin was out played and Pick 8 is going to Dildoro for Saad :sadv1:
It's Norths own fault regarding Brown, don't feel sorry for them in the slightest.

That might be a bit unfair. I suspect he’s doing some good work; someone I know who’s met him has told me that he’s meticulous. I suspect someone else in our burgeoning LM team may be doing the strategising and lead negotiating.
Maybe i should have said 'On the surface' instead of 'So Far'. He may have an Ace card, but SOS' call about Delcaring our hand to early and having clubs know we need to do the Split is spot on. One can only assume there's something else in play which i hope is Oliver or Wines or Midfielder X

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope I am wrong but, form downturn, minor indiscretions - late to training/unmotivated, not able to take hub life, Heart arrithmia, and low dollars but Club still keen to offload him, one might suspect this current club is bracing for something negative - like possibly an Ice habit? Sure hope not.
Heart defect he's had since a kid and is genetic.

Maybe i should have said 'On the surface' instead of 'So Far'. He may have an Ace card, but SOS' call about Delcaring our hand to early and having clubs know we need to do the Split is spot on. One can only assume there's something else in play which i hope is Oliver or Wines or Midfielder X
It’s was probably unfair of me to say your post was unfair because it was actually generally a very fair assumption on your part; i.e in theory many LM’s are, at least outwardly, responsible for trading and negotiating. However, I think it’s reasonable to suspect that in our case other/s may be doing the strategising and or negotiating and therefore it may be situationally unfair on Austin.

I’m also now hoping for a Wines or Oliver.

Last edited:
With absolutely nothing surrounding an ice habit or anything of the like being spoken of I’d be quite careful of what you say. Very big accusation/assumption with no solid grounding. Being on a forum does not mean you can say anything you like

Evidently my example wasn't clear enough. Attaching names may help.

2019 draft. Imagine everyone from Anderson at Pick 2 through to Georgiades at Pick 18 had been linked to a club via an academy.

The club with Pick 2 now gets Sam De Koning.

The club with Pick 3 now gets Sam Philp.

Just because there were a bunch of Academy kids before them, that doesn't make them better players. They're still the 19th and 20th best players in the draft, despite being the 2nd and 3rd best non-academy players.

In that scenario Pick 2 or 3 isn't getting you the same quality player as it would any other year. De Koning and Philp aren't suddenly Lukosius and Rankine from the year before. But trading from 2 or 3 to Pick 1 is taking you from De Koning and Philp, past aaaaaallllll those other players, to Rowell.

And when considering the value of those picks, clubs are absolutely aware of the strength/depth of the draft, and how the number and quality of academy picks impacts the type of player they may see available at any given pick.

Again - extreme example to illustrate the point. Which is that academy players are part of the draft pool, regardless of whether they're available to you or not. They're not magical extra players that didn't otherwise exist.
I get where you’re coming from and I appreciate the example. But I think your point only has any validity with an extreme situation like this, which (and I won’t say never) is extremely unlikely to happen.

In reality, the draft just works around academy/fs prospects which are in it, and are usually rated at varying levels across the draft and not in a solid block of 15 players across the first round haha.

Across the last five drafts for instance an average of 8 players have been taken with FS/academy picks and many of those in the latter rounds rather than the top end.

With this in mind, and given clubs are forced to slide back in later rounds should they match early bids, I just don’t view the system as compromising when we’re talking about the value of trading picks for players.

In fact I reckon it actually works really well.

And I think the AFL is changing the rules about access to these players in the first round yeah? Basically making them open slather for any club? Could be wrong on that though

Last edited:

From memory he actually said

"Normally what happens is the players management approach the club"

I don't think he actually confirmed that's what happened with wines.

Heart defect he's had since a kid and is genetic.
Yeah I know - I'm simply saying that drugs could exacerbate the issue, but I'm just spitballing, I like him as a player and would not object to trading him in, but just hoping that the Pies aren't trading him for other reasons. I also had another thought, what if it's NOT Stevo we are looking at - What if it's Cox!? :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back