Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Still unsure why we knocked back Crouch.

Must’ve been the five year deal.

We rate Dunstan & Jed Anderson higher

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wow....absolutely monumental fk ups by Freo with Hogan and McCarthy

Has anyone fallen on their swords over it?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Based on talent alone yes but, on the available evidence on the field, Saad has significant runs on the board and Hogan can barely get on the track to train. Certainly a bargain but, shouldn’t be compared to Saad in any way, shape or form.

Not sure Witherden or Narkle fit the Newnes and Dunstan mode. But I’m mostly with ya in principle. Will be interesting times next year I’d say Philp or Kemp are killing it at VFL level and they’re playing Murph or Newnes.

FWIW, they are both best 22 IMO. Regardless of whether Kemp or Philp are tearing up the VFL.

If we are standing firm on wanting something back for pick 8 then I would suspect that Dodo is only holding out with us until he has exhausted his wheeling and dealing with Port for Fantasia. I am still feeling quietly confident that Essendon will accept the 2nd round pick for Fantasia and that it will come to us with Saad for pick 8. Essendon will probably look to split pick 8 for the Caldwell deal.

I wonder how close Samo is with his cousin Isaiah Butters and how much knowledge he has as to his mind set and willingness to work hard and move to Melb, would be worth asking the question to maybe get another Halls Creek boy, he’s a good size at 187cm and might be worth a rookie spot.

If he is good enough and worth a list spot on talent and ability then bring him in. If its because he is Samo's cousin and from Halls Creek, then its a hard no!

Just gotta laugh at Dodoro's trade/negotiation tactics...
He knows full well Saad isn't worth a pick 8, so in his head, he just has to start with being extremely unrealistic then work down until he achieves overs (Pick 8) from there. A "Oh fine, we'll accept Pick 8" approach, and he ends up looking like a genius.

If we fall for that, I'll lose it.
He asked for Curnow or Mackay first. Just coming back from deluded!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mercenary, just wants to go the highest bidder for a pay day. Glad we didn't get involved
And why not? They only have a limited time in the game and the good ones can set themselves up for life beyond footy. Keep gettin’ them cheques! Stay at Sadelaide and finish in the bottom 4 while they nurture kids or take one last big payday and play finals (probably). I’d take the cheque!

We can.
But for some stupid reason we are worried about what others think instead of getting a fair deal.

I also think we don't want to hurt our hip pocket so we can have a big dip this/next year.

Ok so this being the case why can’t we do that with Saad?
Like many have said, why is our reputation compromised going forward if we can’t get a deal done? Yeh Crouch went and done it and devalued himself ...but Lethlean still stood firm. Doubt it’s going to be a consideration whatsoever in anybody considering whether or not to go to St Kilda in the future.

I still say split the pick.
Essendon will have to explain why they turned down yet another first rounder for a player that hates them and they intend to force him to play for them, all in a year with reduced list sizes and on big $$$ too.

Call his bluff. Swap the pick.
No one thinks it's fair anyway.
He has nowhere to go.
He doesn't have a leg to stand on (that's flamingos, not dodos).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back