Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree.

But * came out and potted Saad. They should have kept their mouth shut as it would have given them some more power in negotiations. There is no way for him to go back to * with what was said.

True, but at the same time, Carlton would have explained to Adam that there would be no guarantees. Adam would also be acutely aware that his former clubs List Manager is a flog. Adam's manager, assuming he has acted with his clients best interests in mind, would have run him through the failed trade scenario (ie ND and PSD running of the gauntlet). If he hasn't prepared him for that, shame on him, not us.

Valid points. All I’m saying is we can jump up and down about Dodo all we want, but we chose to engage.

In a sense, we’ve brought the madness upon ourselves.

True, but at the same time, Carlton would have explained to Adam that there would be no guarantees. Adam would also be acutely aware that his former clubs List Manager is a flog. Adam's manager, assuming he has acted with his clients best interests in mind, would have run him through the failed trade scenario (ie ND and PSD running of the gauntlet). If he hasn't prepared him for that, shame on him, not us.
He’s already stated he is happy to use multiple avenues to get to us including the preseason draft SOS explained this was critical in drafting Martin offer a fair deal then stand by it but the manager and the player has to be on board and they are
Stay strong Austin and stick It up SOS and his click bait take.Dodo is soft and full of bluster he will fold like he did with Shiel
No retreat no surrender

Listening to SOS today he’s almost at the point of trying to tie a ribbon around Pick 8 and give it to his mate Dodo.

There’s honesty and then there’s self serving bullshit and he’s well and truly jumped it group B. His assessment of our dealings with Saad today were just a backhander to Nick Austin.

SOS gave no backhander to Austin today. Maybe the club should learn from the dealings and in the future not allow “our target” to state that he wanted to come to us 2 weeks prior to trade period. Other clubs now, it seems, don’t want to trade 8 for 2 latter firsts to give us a leg up. And you can’t blame them. Dodo has seized the now, and will be perceived as the winner of the trade.

We will get Adam Saad and he makes us better come Rd 1 next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They might not be related but I loved when Saints traded away the pick the Dockers wanted for Hill and pretty much said, this is what’s left and then today or over the past few days, they told the Crows, we aren’t trading for Crouch, maybe they had Crouch say he wouldn’t accept a deal anywhere else and guess what? The Crows accepted the compo.

At this stage, I feel we have been a bit soft, lots to play out but kudos to the Saints

Massive talent who has already shown he can play to a very high level.

Had a terrific first season, was having a very good year two until the gambling indiscretion and his third year was a write off having contracted glandular fever in the offseason.

Sure he has lost his way a little, but at 21/22 I don't believe that can't be addressed.

I don't want us to give pick 8 for Saad unless something else is also coming in the other direction and I'd rather that be a kid like Stephenson than a pick.

Collingwood have seemingly got themselves into an absolute mess here and there is a serious opportunity to benefit from it quite significantly. Every chance someone gets a real bargain with Stephenson and I'd much rather it be us than anyone else.

Saad + Stephenson for pick 8 would be a very good result.

Why?
Sorry for slow reply, cricket season preparations have taken precedence.

Not comfortable spending a top 10 draft pick on an out of contract back pocket and a very troubled mid sized forward with compulsive behavioural problems.

We are using a premium asset for two players that can be obtained for some mid level picks.

TBF I think Brad Crouch is overrated, pick 23 is on the mark for mine ;)

They might not be related but I loved when Saints traded away the pick the Dockers wanted for Hill and pretty much said, this is what’s left and then today or over the past few days, they told the Crows, we aren’t trading for Crouch, maybe they had Crouch say he wouldn’t accept a deal anywhere else and guess what? The Crows accepted the compo.

At this stage, I feel we have been a bit soft, lots to play out but kudos to the Saints
Well * all so did this to the dogs with stringer! I think we do this to get back at them for the dogs

TBF I think Brad Crouch is overrated, pick 23 is on the mark for mine ;)

Now he’s playing for the saints I might recognise him when he plays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep. Seems pretty clear from the way SOS runs his mouth off on trade radio why there were so many leaks during his time as list manager. Love the guy but he does like the sound of his own voice.

You weren't around for the Rogers era?

A bit unfair to say we have been soft. Austin hasn’t done anything yet and for all we know has plans to walk him through to the draft. He ran Keath and Bruce down to the wire last year and got great deals (at the time) for both.

If it was as simple as 8 for Saad + a future 2nd the deal I reckon it would’ve been signed off today. I’ve got no doubt he’s doing his due diligence, but I do agree the Saints method was and is the best way to go about it especially for an uncontracted player.

Yeah, we'll get better value for pick 8 elsewhere than Dodo's generous offers. Get a pick in the 15-20 range for Saad and pocket the change.

SOS gave no backhander to Austin today. Maybe the club should learn from the dealings and in the future not allow “our target” to state that he wanted to come to us 2 weeks prior to trade period. Other clubs now, it seems, don’t want to trade 8 for 2 latter firsts to give us a leg up. And you can’t blame them. Dodo has seized the now, and will be perceived as the winner of the trade.

We will get Adam Saad and he makes us better come Rd 1 next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Why would other clubs care about us and Essendon? I think the only logical explanation is teams aren’t that interested in moving up this year.

Oh Lord Starchamber, who art on High, who doth decree "Not all delisted is spuds", please bless all incoming trades... Amen.
Gets more mentions than most active posters.

The legend continues to grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back