Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know, as yet, if multiple clubs are willing to get further up the draft order, but * could only have trumped us in one deal.

I think the problem is that this draft year doesn't have the same incentive to climb the order - without junior form to go from, the ideal is to be sitting with multiple late 1sts

Why would Collins have sat in the VFL? Just won a BandF, where do you see Marchbank fitting in to the side of you think Collins wouldn’t have got a game?

Talking about this last season - seriously doubt we'd have played a backline of Weiters + Jones + Collins.

And I'm still not sure Marchy fits as it stands...it's a tough balancing act down back.

If we'd taken Collins on, it would have been as depth. He would have been playing scratch matches, wouldn't have had the opportunity to impress that he's had at GC, and in the end probably would have been moved on (our choice, or his to chase opportunity).

Marchbank ill never be a key FB.
Of course, but a temporary fill in. No problem.

That said:

Marchy - 193cm, 93kg.
S. May - 193cm, 100kg
J. Lever - 195cm, 91kg
L. Ryan (Freo) - 187cm, 92kg
Trent McKenzie - 191cm, 83kg.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit of a silly question, but I've heard mixed reports on how to pronounce Fogarty.
Is it fog as in the fog in the sky, or fog as in vogue with an f?

The latter, in Australia (the former in the US) originally. Times, and accepted trends change, I guess.

Fogartys are in-laws on one side of the family.

John Fogerty of Credence Clearwater Revival (US) says the former (as in sky)

Last edited:
You sure?

EmkjKZnU4AAg8ov

Daniher has to get on the park and stay on the park.

Zero guarantees on either score.

Why would Collins have sat in the VFL? Just won a BandF, where do you see Marchbank fitting in to the side of you think Collins wouldn’t have got a game?
I have a hard time fitting Marchbank in our backline at present,
Dependent on matchups, I wouldn't mind seeing him given a go on a wing, he's got the tank to run all day, can provide a marking option around the ground & roll back as a +1 should the opposition get a run on.
He also has the intensity to give TDK a chopout in the ruck.(think Grigg/Dunkley)

Read an article this morning, think from SEN< good to see they suggest SPS can go back to midfield now we have SaAD

I suspect we'll still use him in defence, unless we really want to squeeze Newman in the team...that would enable him to play mid or even forward. But gee when you look at our best 22 it's hard to fit everyone in and lots of good/promising players miss out.

The new thread been up for around a week and we're quickly approaching page 250
Read an article this morning, think from SEN< good to see they suggest SPS can go back to midfield now we have SaAD

I would love to see him and Willo on the wings. Also lets Walsh play more time on ball. Guys like Newnes and Murphy will be really pushing for spots which is great.

I have a hard time fitting Marchbank in our backline at present,
Dependent on matchups, I wouldn't mind seeing him given a go on a wing, he's got the tank to run all day, can provide a marking option around the ground & roll back as a +1 should the opposition get a run on.
He also has the intensity to give TDK a chopout in the ruck.(think Grigg/Dunkley)

That's an interesting take.

Not sure how I really feel about it.

Don't love the idea, but don't hate it either...

When you look at what a lot of other sides are doing these days with their secondary "rucks", it might be worth looking at.

A fill in...?

If we have 2 injuries to Levi, Weits, Jones, which 2nd tall does Marchbank matchup on

Dixon, Ladhams/Lycett, Marshall
Hawkins, Esava/Stanley, Cameron
Lynch, Nank/Soldo, Riewoldt
Daniher, Mcinerney/Smith, Hipwood

Just to name a few

He'll be a bit undersized but that doesn't mean he can't fill in and do a job to cover injuries.

People didn't think much of Richmond's KPDs outside Rance, but the likes of Grimes/Broad have been able to get it done despite being undersized.
Port's KPDs are all quite short around 193cm even their main ones like Jonas and Clurey.
Some of Sydney's have been doing it for years like Rampe.

So if Collingwood come hard at LOB, surely we do the deal.

I know he's rated reasonably well by the club, but we're reasonably well stocked for gut running mids and wingers.

Walsh, Williams, Williamson, Newnes, Gibbons, Martin, Fisher, Cunners, Newman, Cottrell all with time on their side. Ed and Murph still deserving of games. There's plenty to work with.

I'd love Lochie to burst into the side and perform, but if there's a club looking to pinch him it's probably good list management to cash him in. If it gets him senior games too, then it's the right move for him.

How much do we think the Pies would pay for a contracted young former Pick 10? Would we get Pick 16 in this draft, given its nature?

I'd probably be happy for us to kick in $100k of his salary next year too, if it convinces Collingwood to pay a premium pick.
I don't see it in this draft. In a normal one - one in which we know what we're dealing with - maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back