Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point surely we give up on saad as Essendon are difficult to deal with and throw the kitchen sink at Melbourne for Oliver

Offer pick 8 & 2021 future first for Oliver - adds class to the midfield and takes the pressure off Cripps each week

Offer lions 3rd pick for Alex witherden - perfect replacement for simo and uses the footy well from HB

Jon Ralph:

The Demons are keen to add to their midfield rather than dilute it and have rebuffed all interest in Clayton Oliver and Angus Brayshaw, also re-signing Jack Viney and ex-captain Nathan Jones.

Rebuffed all interest... Have they rebuffed all offers?

If the Saad deal does drag out and require mediation, surely that means it’s gone so late that it’s f***** Dodo’s plans with one or both of Dunkley and Caldwell.

Given their restrictions on trading/using 1sts, this might get very difficult to achieve otherwise. Caldwell maybe gets done for a F2 (and something?) if GWS cave, but it’s hard to see the Dunkley one getting through.

That’d be pretty funny. Dodo forcing it to mediation because he’s a stubborn prick who wants to have a big win every deal, then misses out on his own targets due to the deadline, even though possibly having the assets to make those trades after the conclusion of the period.

How the day went for me, Austin and Dildo ......

woke up this morning surprisingly chipper and optimistic at the crack of dawn ....

View attachment 1008058

with my morning coffee at hand I strode to my computer .....

View attachment 1008061

By 10 am I was like .......

View attachment 1008064

11 am .........

View attachment 1008066

By 11.59 I be like .......

View attachment 1008068

Meanwhile at 10 am Austin calls Dodo with as fair a deal for both sides he can muster .....

View attachment 1008071

Meanwhile Dodo be like .......

View attachment 1008074

At this point Austin realises Dodo does not have all his marbles ....

View attachment 1008077

Dodo upon hearing the phone slammed down on him .....

View attachment 1008084

Me by 3 pm with no good oil from the ITK ......

View attachment 1008091

Calling upon all the footy gods for Austin to give a big F YOU to Dodo, deal with other clubs and come away with this .....

View attachment 1008095

Whilst in the process doing this to Dodo ......

View attachment 1008098

meanwhile right now I’m like this waiting for the good oil from the ITKs

View attachment 1008101

But when I cast my thoughts to Dodo once again screwing this trade period for everyone I be like .....

View attachment 1008103

If I had one wish it would be that Dodo came out of trade week looking like this ....

View attachment 1008104

meanwhile sad but true but all day tomorrow I’ll be like .....

View attachment 1008105

hoping that when all is done and Austin puts down the phone he be like ....

View attachment 1008107
KohPhi seems as though Blueballs38 is after your title.
I suggest head over to the Thunderdome for a gif off.

Still shocked that no journo has run with the Oliver mail if it's true.
Melbourne won't entertain it if it's leaked. All parties going to great lengths to ensure this doesn't happen.

In fact even if a suitable deal can be reached, don't be surprised should we still see Oliver pull on a Melbourne guernsey and run out with his former teammates next year, as we anticipate this should safeguard against the media getting wind of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was an oppo club, in addition to all the very good and sensible reasons which exist for not picking up a player you haven’t spoken to, conducted a medical with etc... there’d be a big part of me that’happy to bypass Saad and let him through to Carlton just to stick it to Dodo.

There wouldn’t be many clubs not being held up in getting their own business done thanks to his intransigence. Some collective action might be in order. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if there isn’t ongoing communication between certain clubs around holding the line on deals.

FWIW I think the deal gets done, but it’s unbelievable the competition grinds to halt because of one club.
Saad needs to be across what we’re doing
Would be fantastic to see dildo explain to his minders why saad walked for free and the others fell over due to his constant uncooperative dealing eventually clubs will join secretly to screw his nostrils if they ha don’t already
Go Austin u Beauty don’t flinch

Melbourne won't entertain it if it's leaked. All parties going to great lengths to ensure this doesn't happen.

In fact even if a suitable deal can be reached, don't be surprised should we still see Oliver pull on a Melbourne guernsey and run out with his former teammates next year, as we anticipate this should safeguard against the media getting wind of it.
But it’s already been leaked....otherwise we wouldn’t be discussing it :drunk:

Latest info:
Waiting on Ess to budge (which they will) and accept our offer of pick 8 and a future 3rd
Future 2nd back our way to be used for Fogarty.
Williams Saad Fogarty. Club happy to walk away Thursday night with that
Oliver 2021
Wht's with this rating of Fogarty. He has played like 10 games in 3 years. Surely a future 3rd or even a fourth gets it done. Not sure why hed be worth anything more than 2MPeter who just went for a fourth rounder.

im spending way too much time thinking about what Kemp will become. What do we have here? a bont? some strange Peter Dean / Wayne Johnston hybrid? we have no exposed form - just excitement, and it does impact on the way you think about the trade period, much more than the crowd who have underwhelmed thus far - Dow, LOB, Stocker, Cunningham, BamBam
Yeah I put a call out a couple of weeks ago about why all the excitement about Kemp. A guy that’s played zero games. But got no response. Why all the excitement ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back