Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest info:
Waiting on Ess to budge (which they will) and accept our offer of pick 8 and a future 3rd
Future 2nd back our way to be used for Fogarty.
Williams Saad Fogarty. Club happy to walk away Thursday night with that
Oliver 2021
Like the Saad deal but a future 2nd for Fogarty is yuck. Have watched a majority of his games now and although the Cats drafted him on potential at 22, he is not worth anything near that anymore.

Wht's with this rating of Fogarty. He has played like 10 games in 3 years. Surely a future 3rd or even a fourth gets it done. Not sure why hed be worth anything more than 2MPeter who just went for a fourth rounder.
He’s not a big softie who openly says he only wants to play one position on a $500+k deal for a couple more years...

Latest info:
Waiting on Ess to budge (which they will) and accept our offer of pick 8 and a future 3rd
Oliver 2021

Yes, I hope so. Would love Merrett but stuff dealing with Dodoro again after this. That can be some other poor bastards problem.

Latest info:
Oliver 2021
Thanks for the info C09 always reliable. But I think you must have heard wrong about Fogarty being a future 2nd, can’t see that happening at all

Latest info:
Oliver 2021

Why not just trade 8 to Cats for Fogarty and 15, then 15 for Saad?
Seems like we are overpaying by a lot

Fogarty for a future 2nd seems high.

Good player, but do we need him that much?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fogarty and an upgraded swap of picks with Geelong already agreed on.
Waiting on Saad deal to make this possible

This is all as of an hour ago from a person involved in LM

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Latest info:
Oliver 2021
Jeesh, I hope we don't send * future 2nd to Cats for Fogarty. That will be a valuable pick in the early 20s, in a draft full of late blooming Vic kids. Does anyone here think that's a good deal?

I don’t like the future 2nd for Fogarty.

So it would be Saad and L. Fogarty for Pick 8 and Future 3rd. And a weaker hand next year. Depends which one we send to Geel as well. That’s us banking on one of us two being Top 8 and the pick being around 30. Risky.

Yeah I put a call out a couple of weeks ago about why all the excitement about Kemp. A guy that’s played zero games. But got no response. Why all the excitement ?
tall, skillful, fast, competive and kicks pressure goals. the story goes they chucked in him in the midfield (from the HBF) for Vic Country and carried the Big V home basically by himself against SA, and almost did it again the following game against WA, and his form on the training track in the second half of the year has the boys excited

Dodo apparently asking for Adam Saad as part of the Saad trade.

This would be a great Trade for all involved?

Essendon> Pick 8 (Blues)
Port> Fantasia
Dogs> Pick 29(Port) Pick 30 & 51 (Blues) gives them additional 380 points they need
Blues> Pick 14 (Dogs) & Saad

Melbourne> Pick 14 & 2021 First & JSOS
Blues> Oliver & 2021 2nd

Those saying we have run out of time for Oliver, it's not like we just started talking today
would have been ongoing talks for weeks if true...

Melbourne don’t do that deal.
Would need to be at least 1 pick I the top 8 maybe even 2.

If I was an oppo club, in addition to all the very good and sensible reasons which exist for not picking up a player you haven’t spoken to, conducted a medical with etc... there’d be a big part of me that’happy to bypass Saad and let him through to Carlton just to stick it to Dodo.

There wouldn’t be many clubs not being held up in getting their own business done thanks to his intransigence. Some collective action might be in order. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if there isn’t ongoing communication between certain clubs around holding the line on deals.

FWIW I think the deal gets done, but it’s unbelievable the competition grinds to halt because of one club.
It's a bit like us in August. Nothing but interference to the relevant clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back