Bluemour Melting Pot XXX - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm not mistaken, they own and pub and other properties together.
ok, makes a lot of sense. So both in and out of football they been connected a lot in last two decades.
But not been at same football environment for some time so this recent decade must have been through their business and property stuff.

If I’d worked bloody hard to achieve a bonus and got screwed - I’d be livid.

If I got $1 million for a years holiday I sure as f*** wouldn’t be quibbling over $60k “personal development” costs.

If anything that is red flag to me about getting Clarkson on board.

He’s been fighting everyone at Hawks (like Malthouse was) and fell out with Wright, CEO and Kennett (and finally Mitchell) - smells of drinking his own bath water to me.

When you have 1 person at war with everyone else and they insist everyone else is the problem?

It usually isn’t.

Yea na. The difference is Hawks promised it, handshakes all round and now they are reneging on the deal. This is the Hawks fault, not Clarko's.

in what way? just seems like a champion, one-club gun to me - downsides, couldn't kick, 30 years of poor hairstyle and club choices...........
He played at two clubs. Was a gun at Melbourne before he went to Sydney.
Think he kicked 70 goals one season at the Dees. Could really play. Shame he got some serious finger injury that caused him to retire early.
Diesel and Gerard Healy out of the engine room for Swans at SCG, was scary duo.
Glad we got past them in 1986 Qualifying Final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ok, makes a lot of sense. So both in and out of football they been connected a lot in last two decades.
But not been at same football environment for some time so this recent decade must have been through their business and property stuff.
Ross also coached at Carlton back in the day when SOS was there, I think thats where the mate ship started. SOS was an assistant to him at StK.

What's the background to the Ross Lyon and SOS friendship. I noticed when looked up Ross Lyon playing career he made his debut in same year as SOS so wondered if they played Teal Cup together like Gary Lyon and SOS did but think Lyon a bit older so does not seem likely.
Can only assume friendship struck up in SOS last playing years when maybe Ross Lyon was an assistant coach under David Parkin?

SOS was the defensive coach during the Lyons tenure at the saints.

Pretty much. There's an article on Fox Footy floating around.

“I was asked whether I would consider it – I considered it for 24 hours until I realised that on the Friday beforehand I had a strong conversation with Gerard Whateley (on AFL Nation), where I said that if Alastair Clarkson wasn’t (in the running for the job), it has to be Ross Lyon.

“I had made my position completely clear and I don’t think you need to go into a process if you’ve already made up your mind.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back